[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain how them meeting for the third time in a row is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Please explain how them meeting for the third time in a row is bad again?

It amuses me. Im not sure you understand the weight of how historic it is. Teams have never met for the championship 3 straight years in any sport in American history. All those years where the Celtics dominated and played in an 8 team league. All those years the Lakers and Celtics dominated in the 80s. All those years the Yankees and Dodgers played. All those years where hockey had 6 teams. It's never happened.

Fuck your parity. Nobody(if anyone still does already) will care about what happened in the 2006 just like you can't name who won in 1975.
>>
>>76062751
This is bad because it's the same damn team for the third time in a row. Also, they're superteams, which is horrible. Hockey at least has variety, so does baseball and football
>>
>>76062751
It's not bad, it's boring
>>
I mean, regardless of who wins, who cares? If the Warriors win, woo fucking hoo, they have four top 10 players in the world in their starting line up. If the Cavs win, it's just another LeBron + 3 pointers team winning. Yawn
>>
Apparently the most skilled teams playing against each other is boring.
>>
File: f you val.jpg (9KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
f you val.jpg
9KB, 204x247px
>>76062751
let me tell you why it's a bad thing.
first I think its great. I like the rivalry. bron winning one for da land was great. warriors before KD were fun to watch and Im glad they are getting their golden age.

but here is why its bad
>NBA plays 300 games a year
>no reason at all to care about any of them
>even if you do care enough, fuck it. highlights will be on later and you can always just catch the last 5 minutes of basketball instead of listening to coons talk over eachother
>only 2 stacked teams absolutely walking through their divisions so much so that its a foregone conclusion that they will meet in the finals
>now there isnt even a reason to watch the playoffs now
>its already pointless enough, they have both ends of the spectrum of soft ass nigga's flopping and trying to get fouls while also having dirty fucking scumbags chimping out and kicking people in the balls on live tv blatantly so all the fans have a reason to hate watching the game

I mean the NFL does a superbowl rematch the year after between the teams whenever it can. gets that out of the way. and the game counts.
NBA is just a pointless exercise until warriors and cavs meet and that shit STILL hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>76062751
Fuck you the product feels watered down compared to what it was 20 years ago was in diapers so I can't talk about that but please the Lakers and Celts went through legit players to get to their finals Maybe that's why they never squared off three times in a row?
>>
>>76065063
this.

it would be intriguing if it was roughly the same matchup as last year and you had the whole "redemption" angle for the warriors blowing a 3-1 lead

but they went out and added a top 5 (top 3?) player to their roster, it's fucking shit
>>
>>76062751
it's bad because it means the league is becoming less competitive. it seems like half the league is in a never ending rebuild. the novelty of the warriors has worn off and it's just getting boring now.
>>
>>76065307
which sucks because it feels like there are a lot of really good teams (Spurs, Memphis, OKC, Boston, etc...) that I like watching, but then you just have these two megapowers they can't compete with

hell even the Bucks have a lot of potential
>>
>>76065394

You know the 1st 10 years after they joined the NBA, either Magic or Bird were in the NBA finals? The 90s, no one was beating the bulls. The Celtics won every year in the 1960s.

The 70s were different. And it was also a period of decline which almost killed the league.

You're all fucking tapped.
>>
Because more teams playing in the Finals means more fan bases for the NBA to tap into

Parity is not even the issue. One of these teams became finals caliber via years of being shit and drafting good prospects (Steph, Klay, Draymond) while the other has to pay Lebron more and more every year.
>>
>>76062751
>lebeta
>curry

come on faggot. everyone knows its kyrie vs KDMVP
>>
>>76065063
no, the most skilled teams being the same teams is boring
>>
>>76065428
stupid non-argument
it wasn't Magic AND Bird in the finals
>>
>>76062751
It would be fine if they had any real challenge getting there. Warriors coasted in the first two rounds and then end up hitting the lottery with Kawhi Leonard getting injured. They have a cakewalk to the finals.

Meanwhile, in the East, LeBron has no competition (as always) and there are no superstars who want to go to the East to try and challenge him. You can bet that pussy KD wasn't going to go to the East where he could easily take a team to the ECF.
>>
>>76062751
>just like you can't name who won in 1975.
but i can: Golden State Warriors won in '75
hilarious
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.