[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why isn't American football popular in other countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 13

File: patriotsfalconssuperbowl8.jpg (92KB, 620x424px) Image search: [Google]
patriotsfalconssuperbowl8.jpg
92KB, 620x424px
So why isn't American football popular in other countries and practically unknown in the third world? Is it just legitimately too complicated for non-whites to follow?
>>
Because people want to sit and watch sport not a bunch of ads with a bit of sport in between
>>
/sp/ doesn't call soccer poverty ball for no reason, they can't afford to play anything else
>>
>>76015994

That's what divegrass is when they're walking and jogging at a leisurely pace and the only thing actually moving on the field is the automated ads on the walls.

>b-because the clock is running means there is something """""""""happening"""""""""

no
>>
The best games starting at 11PM and ending 2AM at earliest are a pain in the ass
>>
>>76015976

They have association football (soccer).

>>76015994

This is also a factor. Thank god NBA league pass streams exist, but for other things? Having to see cancerous commercials makes me mad. Just decorate the jerseys with ads and fuck off with the rest of them.
>>
>>76016011
>comparing literal television commercial breaks with digital advertisement boards displayed around the field

Son, you might just be retarded. Call your ISP and have your internet disconnected ASAP. No one will miss you.
>>
>>76016039

They're cutting back on commercial, will probably do the Nascar type shit where ads play in the corner of the screen in between plays. Football is a lot of standing around regardless of the ads. People don't like being ripped away from the game to watch a fucking state farm commercial
>>
>>76015976
>Is it just legitimately too complicated for non-whites to follow?
Football is probably the lowest IQ sport I could think of. Also, basically half of football fans are black.
>>
>>76016097
lol, nerdy nigger detected. just mad you get no pussy.
>>
>>76015976
>So why isn't American football popular in other countries and practically unknown in the third world?

Aren't you guys actively telling us to not watch it?
>>
>>76015976
It's genuinely shit.

Atleast rugby is somewhat fun to play and to watch but football is just dumb shit only fatmericans can watch.
>>
>>76015976
I'd tell you the real reason, that association football was widely exported by British sailors, military and colonials in late 19th century, thus became ingrained in the culture of most countries in the world.
But I prefer to tell you that for the price of 1 (ONE) American football helmet you can get equipment (jerseys, shorts, boots, ball) for 15 association football players + referee.
So yeah, "povertyball".
>>
>>76016255
it's one autist
>>
>>76015976
There is a manlier version named rugby I think
>>
>>76016710
That is also more fun to play and watch
>>
>>76015976
Don't encourage non-Americans to post on /sp/. Thank you.
>>
>>76016463
This is a pretty valid argument, association football got popular because sailors and merchants played it and showed it to the locals, just like American merchants did in Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic and Japan got baseball popular. You have to make it endearing for the average Joe who can't afford to buy a NFL football, helmets and shoulderpads.
>>
>>76015976
you can't be a manlet and succeed in football
you have buy pads and helmets etc, soccer only needs a ball and some nets

pretty much this>>76016463
>>
>>76015976
They don't grow up playing the sport because that much equipment is expensive as hell for a full team, whereas with soccer all you need is a mesh jersey, a ball, and two easily portable goals. Since nobody in the third world really plays, nobody follows it either. Same logic applies with things like hockey, bobsledding, or curling.
>>
>>76015976
American football was meant to be an american-only thing to raise your patriotism. Also it's too slow-paced for people accustomed to association football, basketball, volleyball, you know, sports where there's action most of the time
>>
Like 70% of the league is black, apparently those "non-whites" have no problem following it
>>
>>76015976
because despite anything that euros will tell you, soccer really is the only sport they care about. it's been hammered into their psyche, like a child raised by wolves, they don't know anything else.
>>
>>76015976
futbol is much simpler and funnier on an amateur level, just some kids and a goal, hoofing a ball
>>
>>76015976
Poor production from American broadcasters. If they allowed football to be played in its purest form it would be popular the world over. But America likes being cucked by jews and so they allowed jews to creampie their sport and fill it with juicy commercials and sponsored replays.
>>
It's a legit shit sport.
Plus,, you can't even practice on your own.
>>
>>76020726
if you can practice on your own it's not a team sport.
>>
>>76020742
Football is a team sport more than any other. Yet I can still pick up a ball and practice dozens of things on my own.
>>
>>76015976
Because there is rugby league, which is basically a superior faster moving version of your ad egg
>>
>>76020799
it's a solo sport. in real football, a team with an average skill set and above average game plan is frequently the champion.
>>
>>76020806
And rugby union which is a better and more sophisticated version of that
>>
>>76016463
>>76016835
True but why not the E.U.? They have exposure and the capital to afford it, and you are overestimating the helmet price quite a bit it's like less that 200 bucks so maybe the cost of one soccer "kit" not including those fancy ultra light clears. And the helmets last for years so it's a longer investment than jerseys and shorts.
>>76017120
Steve Smith would disagree
>>76020806
I would like to get into rugby but it's not fair to say it's better than football they're very different outside of the fact they both have oddly shaped balls.
>>
>>76020799
It's no more of a team sport than American football. In American football you are trusting your teammates with your literal life. If they miss blocks, don't communicate etc. You can get destroyed by a giga nigga who weighs 200+ and runs a 40 yard dash in less than 5 seconds.
>>
File: EASY.jpg (157KB, 400x730px) Image search: [Google]
EASY.jpg
157KB, 400x730px
>>76015994
This is why le foot is finally catching on Murrika. Yanks find being able to watch 45 mins of uninterrupted sport as an amazing novelty.
>>
File: Football&Handegg.jpg (28KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Football&Handegg.jpg
28KB, 700x500px
>>76020742
You can run laps on your own. That should be a part of training for any team sport that requires fitness.
>>
The real reason is because the media companies don't push for the sport to become popular. Most followers of any sport are sheeple who simply follow the sport because that's what's expected of them, and if they had been born in the USA they would be watching handegg instead of football.
>>
File: Seacucks getting BTFO.jpg (2MB, 3996x2664px) Image search: [Google]
Seacucks getting BTFO.jpg
2MB, 3996x2664px
>muh uninterrupted "action"
>muh autism can't handle commercials

Quality > Quantity
Deal with it, nerds.
>>
>>76021626
physical fitness isn't a skill that you can practice. running laps doesn't teach you any football techniques.
>>
I can only assume lack of money to pay for equipment and lack of nutrition to grow to proper size

Also cfl is better, why do you need a smaller field and an extra down? Are you pussies?
>>
>>76021696
>commercials are quality

solid customer
>>
File: Shart_in_mart.png (216KB, 1021x883px) Image search: [Google]
Shart_in_mart.png
216KB, 1021x883px
>>76015976
>>
>>76021386

>True but why not the E.U.?
>They have exposure

Not really. You can follow it if you actively go looking for it, but it doesn't have the same subliminal exposure that association football does.

Especially as a child, it's so easy to fall into association football here. Even if your parents have no interest in the sport, you pick it up in the playground, in the parks, from television, etc.

American football is a lot more niche. You have to stay up late, have a subscription to see most of the games, actively go looking for news coverage of it online. It's why homegrown American football fans over here tend to be sports fans that got into the sport in their teens/at university.

There's definitely a market here but it's not people who grew up playing the sport. And it'll continue to be a niche sport as long as it doesn't capture the attention of young kids.
>>
>>76021736
bigger fields make the game easier you maple fuckface.
>>
>>76021748

>third world companies have no budget to film commercials so they put commercials on the uniform instead

>look at me I play for Africa mobilcom FC, now featuring the Chinacom 2900 with end call button and hard plastic case to prevent fallapart
>>
We already experimented with every imaginable type of ball game and came to the conclusion that football (soccer) was the best
>>
>>76021448
Why are they teaching you bullshit like that in america? Is american football really a methaphor for war? You guys are really brainwashed at birth.
>>
File: Bongland.png (43KB, 1238x630px) Image search: [Google]
Bongland.png
43KB, 1238x630px
>>76021763
>>
>>76021386
Because association football and rugby (another football code) came first. The real answers are that association football is the pleb sport here, that our elites play tennis, that our universities don't have the anglo-saxon sports culture (so no high school/college teams AT ALL), and that when your football came, first it had the wrong name (= impostor football), and second it was in competition with rugby while at the same time being more violent and "more sissy" ("lol they wear pads"), and third the start-stop timing + free substitution aren't normal in Europe (check on that rugby but handball & volleyball too).
>>
>>76021769
Well I get that I was referring to historical exposure like the anons who I tagged were talking about.
>>76021763
>Implying the pre snap isn't as fascinating as the play itself
The chosen formation and personnel each side chooses for a given situation and the possibility of plays they'll run out of it is extremely stimulating mentally. The play itself is then an explosion of pure 11 on 11 disciplined marshalesque violence that is as subliminal a sight as anything in the history of sports. Every game is a war; every drive is a battle; and every play a skirmish.
>>
>>76022153
That's a great answer perception really is everything I guess. The single greatest thing that football has over rugby is the elegance of a sophisticated forward passing game but that wasn't developed into a philosophy until the 80s. But the beauty of a single long ball down the field should have been exciting enough.
>>
serious question for someone who isn't australian - is aussie rules football actually a good sport? i think it might be but i can't see past the gay-looking outfits
>>
>>76022700
Rugby have the forward pass with the chandelle (don't know the English name)
>>
>>76022013
>Is american football really a methaphor for war?
what do you think?
>>
>>76022154
well put. I actually think both Russia and Germany could get pretty good at American football, Germany especially.
>>
American Football = fat white wageslaves worshipping Jamal
>>
>>76016053
Right, but the difference is that the actual game of american football is exciting, though the constant ads suck, while soccer is incredibly dull with the exception of a handful of seconds.
>>
>>76021386

there's no interest. that's it.
>>
>>76016710
>>76016720
But I like it when people run at full speed and actually make hard hits. Watching your country's chunky, second-tier athletes fumble around a field is kind of embarrassing.
>>
File: 1445449747533.jpg (68KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1445449747533.jpg
68KB, 500x391px
The only valid point Yuropoors and other foreign scum have made about the NFL is the excessive commercials. Any sane person would agree.

The "11 minutes" of action argument is the height of retardation though. "Stuff moving around" isn't always interesting "action." By that definition, a marathon has the most action of any sport, but you don't see billions of people watching the marathon world cup.

Pre-snap is just as interesting and entertaining as ball-in-play action. Builds tension and anticipation and lets the viewer participate vicariously. "What play will they run?" "Will they convert and keep the drive alive?" "Interception! I can't believe they ran that slant against a zone."

Euros are too programmed by soccer. Every sport needs to resemble its "free-flowing" simplistic goal-sport design in some way or they dismiss it as "boring." Even the Brits don't really watch cricket anymore.

>Murikans can't handle sports that are constant action

We have ice hockey here, which produces more "ball-in-play" action than soccer. And there's actual scoring, comebacks, and physicality. Basketball is also similar.

We're just opened minded enough not to want all of our sports to resemble that.
>>
>>76020806
>faster moving
Lol, we know you're not talking about the players.
>>
>>76020701
hood perreras are always a ton of fun
>>
>>76022872
European Football = malnourished NEETs worshipping Hector Viva La Rodriguez
>>
>>76020799

>I can still pick up a ball
>pick up a ball

PENULTY
>>
>>76021552
I remember finding a soccer ball and leisurely kicking it around with friends. We didn't presume to put it on tv and insist that it is fun to watch.

If I had to watch European tv, I'd prefer that Norwegian show about how to stack firewood over soccer.
>>
>>76022979
Good comic, but baseball fucking sucks.
>>
>>76022013
All sport is a metaphor for war. Sport was invented to keep warriors sharp in times of peace
>>76022759
A rugby pass is a bloated clumsy thing compared to the elegance and precision of a football pass.
>>76022909
Gee you must be fun at parties, we are conversing on why there is no interest.
>>
>>76022979
>Euros are too programmed by soccer. Every sport needs to resemble its "free-flowing" simplistic goal-sport design in some way or they dismiss it as "boring."

This.

>Handball. Basically indoor soccer but you get to use your hands.

>Field Hockey. Soccer but with sticks and a ball.

>Hurling. See above.

>Gaelic Football. Soccer, but you get to pick up the ball and run with it.
>>
>>76015976
Because it's boring as shit
>>
>>76022846
Yeah that would be dope for international playoff single elimination tournaments. I think football should have a champions league style where the winner of the championship gets to rep the whole country because a traditional all star/Olympic team wouldn't work because there's no way you'd have enough time to practice playbooks and there's no way you'd get an NFL coach to share his playbook with players from around the league anyways.
>>
>>76023332
>T.simpleton
>>
>>76023387

Leave him alone. He's too entertained by riveting sports like Korfballl to give a shit about "handegg."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtJB5jBOis
>>
File: 1494630224212.jpg (131KB, 781x874px) Image search: [Google]
1494630224212.jpg
131KB, 781x874px
>>76022154
>The chosen formation and personnel each side chooses for a given situation and the possibility of plays they'll run out of it is extremely stimulating mentally. The play itself is then an explosion of pure 11 on 11 disciplined marshalesque violence that is as subliminal a sight as anything in the history of sports. Every game is a war; every drive is a battle; and every play a skirmish.
This is the funniest thing I've ever read.
>>
>>76023368
US would win it every time, just like basketball. They'll never be enough interest or training resources/facilities anywhere else to stand a chance at competing,
>>
>>76023597
No your nations Constitution is. Oh wait, you probably haven't read that...
>>
>>76022979
Yuroshits will never recover from this
>>
Is there ever anything "beautiful" in Am football? Like in soccer there can be a particularly well executed shot. Are there ever any "wow!" moments in Am football?
>>
>>76023698
They already have some meme tournament for this and the US fills the roster with division 3 college players and still wins
>>
>>76023756
Nah, art isn't a thing here, and it never will be.
>>
>>76023756

Yes, and in far more forms and in much greater quantity than in Euroball.

t. fan of both sports
>>
>>76023803
Not surprised, it's like if we challenged you to a snooker tournament. National sport culture is near impossible to change that drastically.
>>
>>76023698
Well yeah but in this fantasy of mine that isn't the case. The Germans while physically leaner than the American negro make up for it with 4d chess strategy and game play (a nation of Belichicks and Brady's) the Russians field a team rocky villains and focus on running up the middle EVERY play. The French compete for a half then give up. The British are plucky underdogs getting btfo but hanging in there inexplicably to make an undeserved win.
>ITT the plot line of WW2 dramatized by sport.
>>
>>76022013
Yes it is very warlike. I miss it even though at the time I hated practice
>>
>>76023908
Sorry to spoil the fantasy but if rugby is anything to go by, Germany would be terrible. Brit Isles and France would be good but the Kiwis/Aussies would dominate.

If handegg ever goes global New Zealand should be your first stop.
>>
>>76023756
https://youtu.be/YAjvGFO3Ruc

https://youtu.be/f0Bm3FgtIPc

https://youtu.be/iKO_9iQs3l8

https://youtu.be/rnjZU7Hp8yk

That's just offense. Defense can make magnificent plays on the ball and punt/kick returns for touchdowns are electric.
>>
>>76023734
>likes a shitty 'sport'
>others call that 'sport' out for being utterly shit
>b-b-b-b-but your flag!
Pathetic.
>>
>>76024025
Is this because of popularity tho? Remember in my fantasy it is the premier most beloved game world wide.
>>76024090
You didn't call me out you said it was funny, what's funny is your joke of a nation. Btw how are those Olympic stadiums doing?
>>
2bh senpai handegg will never be popular outside USA, because you basically forcefeed it 24h/24 to your populace, starting with talking only about that on TV, middle & high schools teams, and college teams. If there wasn't this your national "sport" would quickly falter.
Proof our football is better is that even you Americans are starting to like it, there were like 0 American pro football players in the '60s and now you have thousands of them. Did I mention our football is taking over Asia after conquering Africa? Tomorrow is owned by FOOTBALL and handegg will be a fringe, forgotten, weirdo game.

Also keep trying to convince yourselves of the """"strategies"""" in handegg, cause you know very well it's ultimately just niggercrash.
>>
>>76015976
Because IS BORING and GAY

Rugby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> armored fatties
>>
>>76015976
football is literally the sport for mongloids. have you ever listened to 1 interview? Niggers cant even speak english, their main language.
>>
>>76024896
>handegg will be a fringe, forgotten, weirdo game.
>will be

were there
>>
>>76015976
American Football is the same as set pieces in football. dont know how people watch so many minutes of set pieces
>>
>>76020806
wasn't one of your best players, jarrod hayne a complete bust in the NFL? and he wouldn't stop gushing about how it was always "his dream" to play in the NFL
>>
>>76026255
plenty have gone over there and done fine

the required athleticism is exactly the same
>>
>>76026147
Because every set ends with a nigger getting his head knocked off instead of anti climactic missed goal.
>>
>>76026344
>Plenty
Pls be b8
>>
>>76026390
what do you expect, thousands? no, they'd rather play their own sport here.

but pretty much every single player wanting to play in the NFL has done just fine
>>
>>76020806
Haynes even said American football players hit harder than in rugby and that it's tougher
>>
it's a shit sport based around watching, not actually playing
>>
>>76022979
>The "11 minutes" of action argument is the height of retardation though. "Stuff moving around" isn't always interesting "action." By that definition, a marathon has the most action of any sport, but you don't see billions of people watching the marathon world cup.

That implies that those 11 minutes are all good, and they're not. I've watched some highlights from football and the highlighst of some players careers and a lot of it was a let down. These were supposed to be the players most atheletic and skillfull moments.

When the soccer players aren't scoring or about to score they are provoking holes and weaknesess in the opposition team deffence. It can be a bit dull, but it's not the non-action of marathon.

Both are awefull to watch on TV though, you need beer and someone to distract you to endure either

>We have ice hockey here, which produces more "ball-in-play" action than soccer. And there's actual scoring, comebacks, and physicality. Basketball is also similar.
both are played in Europe and probably supperior, although it is annoying how many goals there are in basketball
>>
>>76026440
Because in rugby you're trying to down the ball carrier, so you tackle with technique not just run into them.
>>
>>76026432
>Just fine
Making the squad isn't just fine. They carry a 52 man roster they keep guys they know are never gonna make it to play special teams so the good players don't get rekt on less important and more dangerous plays. Literally operation human shield but hey if that's just fine then Britain did just fine at the battle of Somme
>>
It certainly isn't easy to get in to. Every knows football. You just naturally inheret knowledge.

American is becoming more popular here as I'm sure you know. I really enjoy it, but can't deal with the match times and only a few are even televised here.
>>
>>76026526
you get pissed off way too easily
>>
Why would a foreign game be popular overseas? That's why we don't care about soccer
>>
Americans just like short amounts of the highest quality of anything, rather than a long amount of moderate quality anything. It's why any europoor who reaches success in their respective career and has a chance of getting into our culture (like lewis hamilton, jarrod hayne, etc) will take that chance immediately.

Also I've found europoors can't take hits. European exchange students in high school+college would always try and play even non contact stuff like flag football, but could never catch the ball or run hard if someone was running hard towards them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNqVembsUU

>>76024896
we have 300 million people, of course a couple hundred of our rejects who are decent at long distance running will choose to play soccer.

Also it's funny to see europoors saying football is just "niggercrash" when you guys pay money to literally wear ads for sandniggers, like the UAE and Qatar. I hope the soccer ball is make out of sharia friendly material!
>>
>>76015976
>Is it just legitimately too complicated for non-whites to follow?
Kek...I started following the Patriots during this seasons playoffs and I learned the rules by reading the American football wikipedia article once.

Sure there are A LOT of tactics that I have no idea of yet, but to call American football complicated is surely kek-worthy.
>>
>>76026507
Wat, do you think you aren't trying to down the ball carrier in football?
>>
>>76026575
you're acting like a hard lad because you watch black people run into each other
yank football is literally just fat white Americans hoping to vicariously feel masculine through black people
>>
>>76026635
Yes but in American football play ends when the carrier is down, rugby is continuous. If you want to win possession without knocking on you want to target the player's balance, not just floor him so he's free to lay off to a teammate.

And don't think it's all soft, for the purpose of scrummaging and lineouts, taller and stronger a player the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csmzwPTBrkA
>>
>>76026454
Yeah European hockey is superior that's why all your best players are in the NHL. And those football plays you find uninteresting is just because you aren't into the game so you don't see how each one fits into an over arching strategy which gives them their significance. Agreed that all sports viewing must be accompanied by beer and bros.
>>
>>76026507
Booooooring!!!!!
>>
>>76026883
We played that game in youth football, it was our reward for a good practice to do that instead of 100 yard sprints. Really fun. That and splatter ball which is like ultimate Frisbee with a football, tackling, and run after the catch.
>>
>>76026928
>Yeah European hockey is superior that's why all your best players are in the NHL. And those football plays you find uninteresting is just because you aren't into the game so you don't see how each one fits into an over arching strategy which gives them their significance. Agreed that all sports viewing must be accompanied by beer and bros.
I pgrased it poorly, I meant that hockey and basketball are superior to football and soccer
>>
>>76027146
Played it in school too.

Bit different seeing two of the top rugby teams in the world go at it though, fuck knows how nobody got injured.
>>
As an american I could never watch soccer, it's too boring.

At least football has actual plays they run, and you can't be sure what they'll do next, and there's multiple positions and layers of tactics going on at every single play.

Basketball is less cerebral but has crazy athletic dunks and insane passes, plus they score every 10 seconds. Very fast paced and aesthetically pleasing.

I tried watching soccer but they just ran around in circles and nobody scored. Maybe I just don't understand the complex strategy, or maybe, just maybe, your sport sucks and is boring. Literally cannot comprehend how entertainment is gained from observation of this so called "sport"
>>
>>76027225
For sure lol I think they were going a little slow and not trying to break tackles super hard unlike when you're a short sighted competitive kid who tries to break some kid for having the audacity to go after you. (At least that's how I was)
>>
Anyone boring enough to find American Football interesting just plays rugby instead
For the rest of Europe replace rugby with handball or basketball
>>
>>76015994
yet it's still more exciting. Sad.
>>
>>76027263
Calling soccer boring when american football games goes on for 3 hours and most of the time the players rest between 15 seconds plays.

Ofc you don't like soccer because you don't understand it. There are tons of tactics involved in soccer, and it's fast paced too. If you watch a game irl you see how hard they pass the ball.
>>
>>76027357

yes there's constant breaks, so we're not just sitting there glued to the TV. We can get up and go to the bathroom or make some snacks or shitpost/speculate on what might happen in between plays. Makes for a better viewing experience.
>>
>>76027357
Even if you're correct that it's superior, which I don't accept they are just different, it doesn't explain why both sports can't be popular if they are played in different times of year.
>>
>>76027431
You know most of /sp/ watch the matches, shitpost, eat and drink at the same time. It's not hard at all, you should try it.
>>
Why not just enjoy both sports?
>>
>>76015976
Because it's competing with the God tier sport that is real football. It literally can't compete. It's boring as fuck.
>>
>>76027263
Watch a top team and see how quickly they move the ball, accurately, perfectly weighted onto their teammate's strong foot and then immediately move into space. Professional footballers have amazing control and you'll only really see just how skilful and fast paced it is when you see it done live.

Calling the sport boring because you had a kick about with your mates or watched some crappy local hoofball team is an insult.
>>
>>76027491

you ever played Wii for more than an hour and get a message saying to take a break? It's sort of like that. I mean if you don't like being able to get up and stretch and take a break in the middle of a game that's up to you, but I personally can't stand being on my ass for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Plus I can't imagine watching a sport nothing happens, then getting up to go piss, and coming back and the other team scored a goal while I was gone and gained an insurmountable 1-0 lead.
>>
Really low barrier of entry for 3rd worlders with soccer

with our level of investment/infrastructure and what it takes to play American football it's simply a hugely daunting task for other places to even think of being competitive with us, doesn't seem worth it
>>
>>76027612
This

The peak of football > peak of handegg. I've watched the superbowel 4 times in the last 5 years and the one this year was supposed to be the greatest final of all time because of the comeback. It was good but compared to a football match of similar scale it was pretty shit. I'd say that the equivalent for the superbowl in football is probably the championship play-off final. It's good but no where near the tier of like European finals or even the fa cup.
>>
>>76027263
Well you even explained how you can't follow a real sport like football.
You enjoy handegg. Why? Because you're American, that isn't you fault it's just the way things are. With football the sport is the focal point, that's why the ads revolve around the play. Not the way it happens with handegg where there's a stoppage every 3 seconds so the "athletes" can get another shot of oxygen, the pass needs replayed and analysed from 40 angles (with replays brought to you by some "beer" manufacturer) and you can ride your rascal to pick up that very same "beer".
Apehoop has scoring so constantly the game is completely irrelevant until the final 15 seconds so it's like reverse football. Your attention span is so short you have no option, but to be rewarded every several seconds because you've been for lack of a better term "goyed". If you don't believe me just look down your pants. You see what's left of your dick? That's your owner's mark.
>>
>>76027709

Don't be an idiot. You cared less because you weren't as invested in the context as Americans are. For avid followers of the NFL it was liking walking on the clouds because they understood the gravity and context of the situation and are more invested in the league, same thing with soccer.

To a casual viewer a game like 7-1 wasn't anything special either because Brazil looked like children on defense and all Germany had to do was tap some box goals in, but understanding the context would let you know the gravity of it.
>>
>>76015976
For one it's a sport that's that self indulged in its own national interest it's called American football. Fuck it's awful stinky poo poo nigger sport. Watch a bit of rugby mate the rest of the world play that.
>>
>Americans thinking their '''''''''''sport''''''''''' can compete with proper football
Embarrassing yourselves, lads.
>>
>>76023756
Darrell Green chasing down Tony Dorsett
>>
>>76027807

>his country is too poor to sustain a globally relevant sporting league
>>
>>76027845

>amerilard sports
>globally relevant
>>
>>76027807
It doesn't have to since it's superior.
Every position is specialized and they train as such. You need to memorize the hundreds of plays that rely on everyone working as one with burts of power and speed

Soccer you jog around and kick a ball back and forth until someone realizes the goal is massive and scores

Hockey is also far superior. Guys get smacked down and get right up. They don't pretend to be hurt and have some magic spray heal them
>>
>>76027869

>we're going to pretend the Super Bowl isn't watched around the planet
>>
It's like watching rugby except the only plays are lineouts and the game lasts for 4 hours
>>
>>76027898
>we're going to pretend that it is
>>
File: beltrump.jpg (93KB, 1290x885px) Image search: [Google]
beltrump.jpg
93KB, 1290x885px
>>76015976
It requires the strongest/fastest athletes on earth, and intelligent quarterbacks who were bred for the position since birth.

inb4 someone posts a pic of a "fat" lineman who benches 600 pounds and would literally put a soccer player in a coma if he hit them
>>
>>76027898

>literally 1 sporting event

lel, nice moving goal posts there, FAGGOT
>>
Why do non Americans care so much that we don't give a fuck about their shitty sport?
>>
>>76027936
except this thread was started by an american wondering why no one likes their shit handegg "sport"

kys my man
>>
>>76027936
Nigga you're the one making a thread screaming "PLEASE WATCH OUR SPORT"
>>
There's something about independence with the former Brit colonies that inspired a departure from the norm

the US had gridiron football, Canada took on hockey, Australia AFL/cricket, NZ rugby football

the US would have maintained a powerful position in soccer but basketball became a thing and anti-communist rhetoric made people abandon the sport in the 50's/60's
>>
>>76027959
Not from what I see from the foreigner comments

The whole "please watch our sport" is sad

I don't want them liking our football
>>
>>76027933

I don't think you understand what that means

if our championship is watched worldwide it's globally relevant

the majority of this world probably doesn't even know the name of the Brazilian soccer league, comparatively

stop talking to me you aren't capable of handling a discussion with a man of my caliber
>>76027913

same goes for you Joao Pootinho
>>
>>76027996
>Brazilian soccer league
It's literally called that
>>
>>76027968
>Brit colonies that inspired a departure from the norm
Rugby and cricket are very normal sports in the UK. In certain sections of society they are the dominant sport. This was even more true 100 years ago
>>
>>76028020

>Campeonato Brasileiro SĂ©rie A

literally eh
>>
>>76028022

Didn't say they weren't. It's not like soccer isn't "normal" here in a similar regard. Just not our dominant sport and those aren't yours either. American football is a derivative of rugby's predecessor, it's not like the Native Americans developed it.
>>
Rule too complicated
Can't see the athlete face because helm
>>
>>76028075
American Football is basically a derivative of rugby full stop, the laws of rugby in the late 19th century weren't particularly standardised and American Football began as the attempt to standardise games between US and Canadian colleges.
>>
File: Based Conte 2.jpg (88KB, 306x339px) Image search: [Google]
Based Conte 2.jpg
88KB, 306x339px
>Americans are asspained that the world doesn't care about their 'sport'
>Americans are asspained that the sport with the proper name is the most popular in the world
>>
>>76016710
>There is a manlier version named rugby
Lolno

>>76016720
>That is also more fun to play and watch
Lolno
>>
>handegg
there are no rugs in Rugby
>>
>>76028365
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby,_Warwickshire
>>
>>76028988
>Rugby is named after the boarding school it was invented at
do the rich fucks not have any originality?
>>
Because in my country, seeing a black man running with somewhat in his means means he is a criminal, not a sportsman.
>>
>>76029177
>zero blacks on the national team
how did you guys accomplish this?
>>
>>76029177
>running with somewhat in his means
Wut
>>
>>76029271
Yeah, just realized i missed a word
running with something in his hands means he's a criminal*
>>
Handegg is ok. Too much breaks but it is watchable

Basebore and golf on the other hand are utter shit
>>
>>76023908
>the French compete for half and then give up
Kill yourself with your stale memes. This is why no one likes americans and your shit sports.
>>
File: aqua3.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
aqua3.gif
2MB, 540x652px
>>76015976

So what's the deal with Tottenham and their NFL co-op thing I've been hearing about? Are they gonna play actual regular season games there or just some showcase shit?
>>
the real answer is the learning curve and how long it takes to develop an understanding of the simulated warfare on the field
they dont have the eyes to be able to tell whats going on

but damn you put a nigger jogging up and down a field for 90 minutes occasionally tripping and touching a ball and they lose their shit. thats real excitement. its like track and field for them without the dignity or purpose.
>>
File: 1490978087594.jpg (273KB, 496x521px) Image search: [Google]
1490978087594.jpg
273KB, 496x521px
>>76029707
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
imagine if soccer was composed entirely of free-kick and corner-kick set-plays.

that's the tactical and strategic "depth" of american football, set plays, and it's just one of many aspects of soccer.
>>
>>76030857
attempts to make derogatory comment
actually sums up the inferiority of soccer perfectly
imagine that. if it was all free kicks and corner kick set plays. the formations that would develop. the intricacy of focusing on the couple seconds of action. take the only actual intense and actionable part of soccer then expand on it. develop it into its own sport.
eliminate all the jogging. all the flopping. the 90 minutes of people struggling to do anything then some guy running towards another and kicking the ball away destroying the maybe 30 seconds of actual momentum in a 90 minute game.
Now condense those free-kick and corner-kick set-plays into a balanced offensive and defensive schemes that achieve fairness. and add strategy and layers to it and trick plays and give it enough depth that actual play books could be written for them.
then take all that action and all that potential on both sides of the ball.
and replicate it for 4 downs or 60 to 70 snaps per game.
then add incredible violence and athleticism and something actually fucking happening EVERY snap.
have you ever seen a soccer coaches playbook?
its a fucking picture of the field with dots on it.
holy shit man this guy has 3 people in front and only 1 in back! fuckkkkkkkkk! thats incredible. its all just man coverage. they dont even have zone defense or feints or disguises or reading coverage or dropping back or blitzing.
its fucking checkers for dark skinned monkeys.
now imagine after playing (insert popular video game here) all your life and you go outside the country. wow guys what kinda games do you have here?
oh shit you gotta come watch this checkers match at the local barren field we put some benches around after the corn was harvested!
and imagine your just fucking sitting there in the fucking sun watching two niggers play checkers badly for an hour and a half waiting for it to be over while the local apes are screaming and chanting because some chimp moved from his back row.
>>
File: identifying trash.png (347KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
identifying trash.png
347KB, 454x600px
>>76031329
Is this what happens when an American tripfag tries to 'think'?
>>
Honest answer is because a lot of people tend to associate it with obesity and unhealthiness.
>>
>1st down
>run for -1 yard
>2nd down
>missed pass
3rd down
>bullshit flag
>ad break
>repeat
This is 90% of American Football, really exciting sport you got here burgers
>>
>>76021808
>easier
>not better
Nice reading comprehension burger
>>
>>76029707
>A fucking leaf
>>
>>76023597
>Defending a sport your not even good at
>>
>>76031453
burger football
>simulated warfare of offensive and defensive 11 on 11 smashmouth violence
futbol
>can be simulated by kicking a ball against a wall while watching people jog on a treadmill

futbol makes basketball and baseball look incredibly interesting. Id rather watch televised golf or tennis honestly. they both have more excitement and are much more entertaining.
I mean rugby, cricket, futbol are like all crude attempts at actual american sports without the entertainment or athleticism.
>>
>>76031761
>Simulated warfare
>Niggers smashing into each other and taking breaks every 2 minutes

You guys are putting football on a pedestal
>>
>>76031761
>simulated fucking warfare
I'd have expected an American, more than anyone, to know enough about war to know how much bullshit that is. I guess not.
>>
Spaniard here.

It has a high barrier of entry but is so much more beautiful and complex than any other sport I have ever watched
>>
>>76032111
>Spaniard
>That flag
>Brainwashed by burgers
>>
If You're Watching, It's For You. Go see that artucle and the whole site as well. If you dont', then you know who you are, and why you watching niggercrash.
>>
>>76031839
What isn't entertaining about niggers smashing into each other? It's still highly orchestrated and strategized
>>
>a sport that only Sha'Antony from Alabama follows
>too complicated for non-whites to follow
>>
>>76022013
Don't listen to them, they're most likely subhuman rednecks from flyoverville.
>>
>>76030857
Well on the set plays topic I think our managers could work more on these tactics and learn a few things from the Americans
>>
>>76015976
It's expensive to play. You don't see a lot of poor golfers either.
>>
>>76020806
but Americans don't give a shit about rugby. so, therefore, rugby is objectively inferior.
>>
>>76015976
It's kinda popular around here, senpai.
With hues, the problem is mostly cost of equipment (so amateurs can practice) and it being broadcast on cable.
However, even with these problems, the sport has been growing here and I'd bet that an NFL preseason game here would actually bring tons of people to the stadium. I can definitely see MaracanĂ£ being at full capacity for a Patriots preseason game.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.