[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, they don't have playoffs or a championship match? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: EUball2.jpg (316KB, 1425x1095px) Image search: [Google]
EUball2.jpg
316KB, 1425x1095px
So, they don't have playoffs or a championship match? You just win some regular season games and you win your league? What kind of shit system is this?
>>
>League system is too complex for the American brain
>>
weak bait
>>
>>75867664
Eliminates flukes and teams getting hot at just the right time

Superior system along with the points system
>>
>dominate all the competition through 82 games
>still have to play knock-out rounds to prove you're the best
>in a sport that one single player changes everything
>your best player gets injured
>82 previous games are worth nothing
>half of the teams get to go to knock-out stage

this is actually a thing in amerilardia.
>>
>>75867686
Didn't mean to quote
>>
The purpose of the premier league is to establish the best team in the country. Every team in the top division plays against each other twice, so the team with the most points is the undisputed best team in the country. If you want muh hype or muh narrative, watch a pointless competition like the FA Cup or Champions League.
>>
the brits can put all their teams in one league unlike handegg, so they don't need a playoff system to meet up with each other.

and the other national leagues that have one league plus playoff are retards
>>
>>75867648
Could it be? An American who's more of a retard than a monkey like myself?
>>
>>75867775
Never under(over?)estimate American education
>>
>>75867686
Found the capitals fan
>>
Alkost every country has both a round league and a cup
In every one of those the league is far more prestigious than the cup
Try to realize why by yourself
>>
I dont get this either

So are tomorrows matches cancelled? Cause wtf is the point if playing now that its all over
>>
>>75868289
This can't really be how Americans see the world.
>>
>>75868289
There is still one continental qualification spot up for grabs iirc
>>
>>75868289
Imagine being this fat
>>
>>75868289
It gives coaches an opportunity to try out new strategies
>>
>>75868289
Your mother shouldn't have canceled her abortion apointment.
>>
File: 1456021855223.jpg (30KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1456021855223.jpg
30KB, 600x494px
>>75868289
>why bother finishing a season
>>
>>75868289
THE ABSOLUTE STATE
>>
>>75867648
Everybody plays everyone else twice. Whoever does the best out of that is the champion. It's a very fair system. I understand the need for playoffs in American sports, since our country is so big that a balanced schedule is impossible, but in a tiny country like England, their method makes a lot of sense
>>
>>75867648
The champions league is basically like playoffs
>>
>>75868289
Is there a point to the regular season once a team has qualified for the play-offs?
>>
>play the whole regular season for nothing

That's surely the best system conceivable
>>
>>75869636
Seeding usually. The higher placing teams get homefield advantage.
>>
>>75869636
>>75869690
It depends on the sport. In the NBA, the playoffs are absolutely grueling, you might play as many as 28 games so getting a higher seed (and therefore an easier matchup) is important. In the NFL and MLB, the top seed gets a bye, giving you an extra week of rest and a big advantage over your opponent.

I don't know about the NHL or MLS, because I don't watch those leagues.
>>
Euros unironically support their league format when their most prestigious competitions are cups. The Guardian just had an article praising the development of playoffs in the Championship.
>>
>>75869521
>I understand the need for playoffs in American sports, since our country is so big that a balanced schedule is impossible
It is perfectly possible in all your leagues except the NFL
>>
>>75869875
How is a balanced schedule possible in the NBA or MLB?
>>
>>75868289
Jesus christ, President Trump is embarrassing enough. We don't really need more idiots like making Americans look bad.
>>
>>75869962
The same way it is done in Europe. Face each team twice, one in your home and one away.

162 games is not necessary
>>
>>75869826
>unironically citing The Guardian
>>
>>75869826
Playoffs to determine which team from 3rd-6th gain promotion while the top 2 still go through based on regular season performance
>>
File: millogo.png (65KB, 300x300px)
millogo.png
65KB, 300x300px
Please watch our Playoff promotion final against Bradford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw0u4L5yiDI
>>
>>75870801
You realize the league makes its revenue by playing a shit ton of games. Oh yeah I am sure they are going to just give away billions.
>>
>>75869962
NBA could have home-and-home and have a 58 game schedule that is 100% balanced. 82 games is too long of a season anyway. I like the NBA playoffs though because playing series is different than playing teams one time. Adjustments and strategy are much more important in knockout series than regular season.

MLB could play home-and-home 3-game series against all 29 teams, giving a 174-game schedule. Baseball of all sports should not have knockout playoffs due to the inherent randomness of the sport over small sample sizes.

NFL obviously needs playoffs.
>>
>>75872245
Know where I can watch it online bro?
>>
>>75872251
We are not discussing that. What I'm saying is that they could have the same system that is used in Europe just to have a fair champion.

Obviously it will never happen
>>
>>75872658

All the playoff finals are on skysports r/soccerstreams is the best place to find a link, game is on the 20th
>>
>>75867686
I don't think it's superior I think it works better for the sport. They are able to play two games against every other team in the league. That's fair. In football you play against roughly half the NFL any given season. So a championship is necessary (plus its more fun). Also we don't have the cups like they do.
>>
>>75872245
Not to be a euro sympathizer, but soccer always seems so genuine to me. Maybe its that everyone has their own local club to support, kinda like minor league baseball over here
>>
Playoffs: more exciting
No playoffs: more likely to crown legit champion

I love March Madness but how often does that thing actually crown a team that was actually a top 3 or 4 team in the country
>>
>>75869804
>In the NBA, playoffs are absolutely grueling
>play against the same opponent game after game with no back-to-backs
>>
Even the World Cup has an elimination round.
>>
>>75874337
and so do continental club competitions, because of logistics. but traditionally people prefer the league system for national champions, because the strongest wins, so you just have to make sure your team is the strongest. in continental competitions peope are happy with the format, because it's likely your team will face stronger teams and at least has a chance of eliminating them
>>
So why not several the east and west of north and south? Like here the NBA and NFL
>>
>>75874635
They do that because USA is big and travelling all around so quickly would fuck you up
>>
>>75868289
>you weren't born an ameritard
There is no better feel if I had to be absolutely honest with you my friends
>>
>>75868289
please shut the fuck up, shitposting or not.
>>
>>75874635
The UK is like a third of the size of Texas so traveling isn't as hard
>>
>>75872245
Please be in the premier league already.
>>
File: wtf.png (27KB, 110x112px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
27KB, 110x112px
>>
>>75869521
Russia does it as well.
>>
>>75869826
national cups are nowhere near as prestigious as national leagues
WC, Euros and CL have cup format because they need to be shorter, either because they're played over the course of a month or because they are played alongside the national leagues

anyway yeah, KOs competitions can be very fun but league is the superior mean to determine who is truly the best
>>
>>75875510
all russian teams but one (Tomsk) are concentrated in the western third of the country
still pretty huge, but smaller than America
>>
>>75877037
In FNL (second tier), there are more teams from asian part: Enisei, Sibir', SKA-Energija, Luch-Energija
>>
>>75872245

Fuck off. I root for Bradford since I was a kid. I used to play with them on CM.
>>
>>75876964
How is spending 90% of the season playing against shitty teams proof they are the best team?

The World Cup should just have every country play against each other and whoever gets the most points wins! Please, that is pure autism.
>>
>>75872245
My friend wants me to go with him but I cant justify spending money to go see Millwall play
>>
File: related.jpg (20KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
related.jpg
20KB, 300x100px
>>75867648
>
>
>>
>>75867648

What you're looking for is called the Champions League.

Each league is similar to a state level championship.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.