[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this go down in history as one the most irrelevant sporting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: white-hart-lane-cover.jpg (61KB, 890x395px) Image search: [Google]
white-hart-lane-cover.jpg
61KB, 890x395px
Will this go down in history as one the most irrelevant sporting venues of all time?

It has one game left until its destroyed and literally nothing interesting has ever happened there, other than the most boring/depressing rendition of when the saints go marching in the world has ever had to suffer through.
>>
Are you an /arse/ butthurt fan or what?
>this game is about glory
>>
>>75860233
It's not just Arsenal that hate Tottenham, everyone in London hates them.
>>
this, they even beat each other up
>>
>>75860206
wtf is wrong with that tiny shitty side field near the big one?
>>
Tottenrunner Ups will win everything, someday.
>>
>>75860391
>>75860233
For what it's worth, I hate them and I'm from the midlands.

Plus my Mum's side of the family came form that area, and left due to violence. Scumbag area.
>>
What are the most historical stadiums?

1. Wembley
2. Camp Nou
3. Maracana
4. Bombonera
5. San Siro
>>
>>75860391
And everyone in the world hates Arsenal. What's your point.
>>
>>75860906
>4. Bombonera
Literally never heard of it, just about remembered that 3 is that awful Olympic park, laws should be introduced where no football games are allowed to be held at Olympic stadiums.
>>
>>75860912
I think you underestimate how much people hate Tottenham.
>>
>>75860992
I don't. I hate them too, more than I hate Arsenal in fact. But outside of England, Tottenham aren't that well-known. Arsenal, meanwhile, are well-known for being utterly obnoxious cunts.
>>
>>75860906
1. Bernabeu
2. Camp Nou
3. Maradona
4. San Siro
5. Azteca
>>
File: disgust la.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
disgust la.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>75860977
>>
Between Woodison and White Shart
>>
>>75861020
People outside of England don't really care that much about the Premier League so their opinions don't matter when it comes to this sort of stuff.
>>
>>75861080
Still, I'd say it's remarkable that despite that, Arsenal are still hated throughout the world.
>>
>>75860906
Hampden
>>
>>75860906
The big one in Pyongyang
>>
>>75861092
I've never encountered that and I travel a lot.

Usually people love talking about Henry, Wenger and those glory years. Arsenal are hated on the internet because Arsenal fans on the internet are fucking cancer.

Actually in Sao Paolo I saw quite a lot of Arsenal fan graffiti..
>>
>>75861209
Well, I fucking hate São Paulo and avoid going there when possible, so I can't say anything on that. Still, most people I know -- and I mean in real life, not the internet, in case you go there -- despise Arsenal precisely because their fans are shit. Like that one video with them dancing the Macarena and singing about Mertesacker. Sad stuff.

The only English clubs over here that I've seen people like are Chelsea, Manure and Man City.
>>
>>75861028
>Bernabeu
>>
>>75861260
So when you said most people around the world, you meant your friends in a village in Brazil?
>>
>>75861328
No, but you're the one who brought up stuff outside of the internet.
>>
>>75861092
>>75861338
err
>>
>>75860906>>75860977
>>75861028

>no Centenario
Kys
>>
>>75861347
What? Surely you agree that the internet is useful for gauging the reaction of people around the world.
>>
>>75860906
1. Wembley
2. Maracana
3. Centenario
4. San Siro
5. La Bombonera
>>
>>75861369
No because people tend to be more extreme or blunt on the internet than they are in real life.
>>
>>75861369
Indeed http://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-popular-football-clubs/

just not 4chan
>>
>>75861390
>people tend to be more extreme or blunt on the internet
Do they? I mean, I'm not, but I'll be the first to admit to my extreme autism.

Maybe I do need to reevaluate some of my views. Hm.
>>
>>75860906
wembley was torn out, it doesnt count anymore if you destroy your original legendary stadium.

Wembley , sponsored by Barclaycard is not even top 500
>>
>>75861437
Maracana at least they kept the frame structure as a whole and reinforced the seats floors
>>
>>75861418
when they can be anonymous, yes.
>>
File: 566a20e692556.jpg (62KB, 616x376px) Image search: [Google]
566a20e692556.jpg
62KB, 616x376px
>>75860906
Centenario is the ONLY historical monument of world football.

I'm sorry but all those you mentioned are irrelevant as fuck.
>>
>>75861521
It's literally the only thing going in your irrelevant country.
Seriously, annex yourself back to Brazil.
>>
>>75861590
Are you certain Brazilians of all people should be deriding other countries for being irrelevant?

Maybe if we win the World Cup next year (we won't) we'll regain the privilege to call others irrelevant, insofar as football is concerned. Maybe.
>>
>>75861521
>that space between the pitch and fans

LOL pathetic
>>
>>75861617
I mean it. People do remember us for all the wrong reasons, but at least we are there. Not so sure about Província Cisplatina, though.
>>
>>75861643
Point taken. Still, it's not that great of a position to be in.
>>
>>75861112

Aside from it's age, Hampden has very little going for it, it's a terrible stadium, stands are miles from the pitch and said stands are nowhere near steep enough.

The whole thing should be torn down and rebuilt as a proper fit-for-purpose football stadium
>>
the azteca saw pele and maradona lifting the trophy among other things, it should definetly be in the top 5
>>
>>75860206
>Will this go down in history as one the most irrelevant sporting venues of all time?

Probably not, the vast majority of sporting venues are completely unknown outside of a few thousand people. I'd say that relative to all the sporting venues in the world, White Hart Lane is probably one of the more relevant ones.
>>
>literally nothing interesting has ever happened there
you forgot about Febreze Mamba "dying"
>>
>>75860233
an arse fan wouldn't say
>nothing interesting has ever happened there

because arsenal won the league there twice
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.