[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why they're considered "the biggest club in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: serveimage.jpg (119KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
119KB, 900x738px
Explain why they're considered "the biggest club in the world" using concise and objective facts that everyone can agree with
>>
>>75842398
they aren't though.
>>
They aren't. Who the fuck claims that?
>>
>>75842398
>Muh money
>>
this is the pre-game thread now

celta will win
>>
Stop trying to manufacture victimhood. They havent been that in a while.
>>
File: gerrard.jpg (41KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
gerrard.jpg
41KB, 615x409px
Not even the biggest club in England.

They're BARELY the biggest club in Manchester.
>>
>mouyes
>>
Reminder 99% of Man Utd fans have never been to Manchester let alone Old Trafford
>>
Fergie
>>
>>75842456
>Parked the bus at City's place like a dabbing Stoke City
>Biggest team in Manchester

Hearty chuckles 2bh
>>
maureen is going to lose this on benultys right?
>>
>>75842499
City and Chelsea won't be considered legit big clubs for at least another 15 years. Maybe 20 for City.

>in b4 "muh history"
>>
>>75842398
Most popular club in the EPL
EPL is the most popular league in the world
Therefore they are the 'biggest' club in the world
>>
>>75842489
this and maybe this.
http://www.totalsportek.com/football/clubs-with-most-shirt-sales/
>>75842398
>>
They aren't though
>>
As a United fan I've always hated that bollocks, it always gets spammed by Pajeet from Bangladesh on Facebook. It's clearly Real Madrid. 11, maybe 12 Champions Leagues don't lie.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170511-183710.png (999KB, 1059x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170511-183710.png
999KB, 1059x1389px
>>75842456
Fuck off back to digging potatoes
>>
>>75842661
nah, as a Real Madrid fan from madrid that's bollocks. It's clearly Barcelona. 1 sextuple, 2 trebles, 6/8 ligas and leo messi don't lie
>>
>>75842772
t. Vicent Mohammed Xifrà
>>
>>75842456
>rotary valves

Where is that, Austria?
>>
Revenue and global fanbase

>>75842661

>Franco CLs
>Relevent
>>
>>75842398
There are more Asians than Europeans
>>
George Best = Messi > Maradona

Pele = Irrelevant

CR7 at MUFC > CR7 at RM

Get on our level
>>
File: customers worldwide.gif (73KB, 663x359px) Image search: [Google]
customers worldwide.gif
73KB, 663x359px
>>75842398
Lets see how many Officialâ„¢ fan clubs does YOUR club have in Asia, OP. I'll wait
>>
>>75842661
Can account for the championships they went under Franco?

Fascism is an unfair advantage... especially when your rival plays in the anarchist rebel city
>>
>biggest
This is ambiguous. Do you mean it by history, current success, amount of fans or in some other way?
>>
>>75842940

That is exactly the question that was asked you retarded bong

Also, bunch of butt blasted faggots arguing over muh club is da biggest

The number of fans means little. Same with revenue or any statistic that isn't trophies/silverware/etc
>>
Paul "Dabs on em" Dogba, timeless superstar wayne rooney, "Ace" manager mouyes, and firm control of 6th place

no other team in the world can boast a sheet like that
>>
>>75842398

United has the most ABx's therefore making them the biggest club in the world

That serb autist proves it
>>
>>75842398
Because we are so fucking rich bro
ABUs literally seething in this thread
>>
>>75842968
It's a fucking stupid question then. It's like arguing the question of whether a person is tall or old or something. There is no correct answer. If I want to answer it by number of fans or how good their current team is or their list of trophies I am right either way. Just down to one's personal preference.
>>
File: soros.jpg (115KB, 1014x571px) Image search: [Google]
soros.jpg
115KB, 1014x571px
>>75842398
Because Soros is the richest Stakeholder of United
>>
MATCH THREAD >>75843151
MATCH THREAD >>75843151
MATCH THREAD >>75843151
>>
>>75842398
Easily most popular team in the world. Alot of Americans who never watched a game of soccer will know Manchester United. Now to mention don't they make the most money as well?
>>
>>75842479
>large following in asia
>they alone probably outnumber the population of manchester 10 to 1

not really a shocking fact
>>
>>75842417

Well it's either them, Barca or Madrid.

United play in the biggest league in the world. But the Spaniards have Messi and Ronnie plus better players in general.

5 years ago I would say United were for sure #1. Harder to say these days but I'd say they still shade it since they were first to tap in to Asia and gain millions upon millions of customers. The spics are still playing catch up
>>
>>75843254
This, If you said Real Madrid to an American they'd probably think it's a club in South America or something
>>
>>75843341
So you count social media popularity instead of trophies and history?
>>
>tfw been watching Utd since im 8 yo
>cant be a fan cause /spee/ doesnt let me
>>
>>75843453

It's not social media popularity. It's how popular and well know they are in general.

History has little to do with it. The majority of their "fans" are under 20 years old and never heard of Franco Baresi. Nobody would claim that Nottingham Forest are a bigger club Man City today.
>>
>>75843552
when you were 8 it was probably the 90s/00s where they won literally everything and you just happened to pick the team that won everything
>>
highest annual revenue
>>
>>75843586
But the trophy case is what matters, not popularity
>>
i know several people here who have been manchester united supporters since they were little kids, have been to a few matches, two of them watch every single match (record the ones they cant catch live).
i only know one liverpool supporter and one arsenal supporter.

not scientific, but there you go.
conclusive evidence that united is the biggest club in the world.
>>
>>75843671

Not in this context. Biggest club in 2017 is a separate argument to most historically significant.
>>
>>75842398
I guess they're the most popular club in the world and they make the most money. Not sure if that makes them the "biggest" though.
>>
>>75843363
unironically these are the most popular teams in the united states based on what I can gather from running into casuals

1. Manchester united
Massive power gap
2. Bayern
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Leicester (the foxes were most powerful cause of the memes over here)
My friends and I unironically went to a bar to watch the madness unravel.
>>
>>75843793
You're leaving out Real and Barca....Bayern is also not that popular.

1. Man United
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
-power gap-
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Bayern
-power gap-
8. Spurs
9. Man City/Leicester/Everton
>>
>>75843821
Only reason I leave them out is cause I dont think casuals would know those are teams. They would think theyre just cities. And like >>75843363 he said. If you say Real Madrid they would probably think its in South America.
>>
Is Arsenal bigger than Bayern Munich?
>>
>>75843763
Then it's Real for sure if you only count 2017
>>
>>75843821
Maybe he's only mentioning the white Americans and not the spics
>>
>>75843821
Basically teams 1-3 are the ones that everyone, even non-soccer fans, have heard of, and you'll see their gear everywhere (especially if you look at janitors/cooks/landscapers). These teams will sell out any stadium in the US, no matter how big (Man United vs Madrid had 110,000 people watching iirc).

Teams 4-7 are a little less well-known, but you'll see people, mostly college students and hipsters, wearing their shirts sometimes and they can fill up most stadiums. Teams 8-9 are a bit more obscure and whether the stadium fills up depends on location and the opponent. Jerryworld isn't going to be packed to watch Spurs or Leicester.
>>
>>75843146
He answers to the bogs though
>>
>>75843863
Why would you leave out 20% of the population in a discussion about nationwide popularity?
>>
>>75842398
they might have been once, but when was the last time they went far in the CL?
hell, when was the last time they played good, entertaining football?
when was the last time they actually had the best players in the world?
when was the last time they were title challengers?
>>
They have never been bigger than real madrid, bayern, barcelona, juventus, milan, or inter. Just because a bunch of pakis and chinks "follow" them doesn't mean that they are that great. Shit, even in their glorious days with fergie they only made the champions league finals 4 times, something that in the same timespan:

>Manchester united
4 finals. Won two, messi raped them the other two.
>Bayern
5 finals. Won two.
>Milan
5 finals. Won three.
>Inter
1 final. Won the fucking treble outclassing the best team in the history of football, something manchester united couldn't do.
>Juventus
6 finals. Won one, one still to play.
>Barcelona.
Lol.
>Real Madrid
Hahahahahaha.

Notice that i only counted finals post 1992, which coincide with what is supposed to be their greatest era of all time.

How the fuck can they be greatest of anything but beating pub teams that did not learn football tactics until six years ago.
>>
>>75842398
They spend a lot of money on players who end up underperforming.
>>
The fact that so many books still name Manchester United as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" football club ever only tells you how far association football still is from becoming a serious art. Football fans are still blinded by commercial success. Manchester United has more money than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Football critics are often totally ignorant of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Manchester United did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
Hate Facts for ABU's

FACT: The mou man has only signed 4 Players and has ALREADY won 2 trophy's AND qualified for Europe.

FACT: The 3 best players on the pitch tonight? Baily, PogbGOAT and Miky Tiernan. Why is that important? The 3 players mou signed. Exactly. Whats that smell? It's ABU's shitting their plants at the thoughts of the damage mou is going to do on the continent when he has signs more of HIS player's.

FACT: Poops FraudiLOLa's first Season -> Took the 3rd best team in Europe last year who were ref balled out of the final by HALAL MADrid and spent 400 Million on a Chubby Diabetic Turk, The "German" Aaron Lennon, Johnny Pebbles, and a Chilean Binman who can pass 5 yards so gets to play on goal.

FACT: KLOLop's first Season -> Took a team that finished 2nd with European Football and finished 7th while choking two cup finals. LOL MUH KLOOP IS SO FUNNEH GUYS, MUH 96, MUH HYSEL WASNT OUR FAULT. Pure scum, with a victim mentality, will never win anything.

FACT: Conte first Season -> Nearly fucking choked the title to SPUDS of all people what an absolute disgrace (were lucky us Red Devils were battling on 5 fronts so and were ravaged by injuries, luckily mou's tactical IQ kicked in). Feeder club who are going too lose their two best players in summer. Back to mid table mediocrity.

FACT: Poochapeepoo -> LADS, IT SPUDS

As you can see from the empirical evidence laid out here ( a trait you'll see in United fans ), the league is pretty much OUR's next year. It's literally just a question of by how many points and how early we organize the parade for.
ABU's ABTFO.
>>
>>75843857

More glamorous and richer. Not bigger though.
>>
>>75850630
>glamorous
how come they have problems attracting top talent? who would chose Arsenal over Bayern?
>>
Most successful club in the best league in the world.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.