[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the NBA bother trying to get the worst team the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: antdav.png (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
antdav.png
2MB, 1200x900px
Why does the NBA bother trying to get the worst team the best player in the draft? Wouldn't it make more sense to instead give the best team that didn't make the playoffs the best player so you have new contenders sooner? They could make sure that teams aren't trying to miss the playoffs on purpose by making the non-playoff team play in a single elimination tournament for the #1 draft pick.
>>
>>75780779
teams in the eight spot would just tank to finish 9th
>>
>>75780810
That's pretty dangerous thing to do just to be in a knockout tournament.
>>
I've heard that the best record that didn't make it should get the lottery picks and make it competitive would be a good option
>>
Parity doesn't work, and it never does. Teams at the body are usually there because they have shit management and so giving them a good draft pick is going to do nothing but ruin some kid's career
>>
>>75780779
So you want fanbases of bad teams to be miserable forever?

I don't think you thought this through.
>>
>>75782077
OR you draft LeBron James or Hakeem Olajuwan.
>>
>>75782145
It took Lebron 13 years and several different changes in management to win a title
>>
>>75780810
8 seeds are 5-63 vs. 1 seeds. Other than the Knicks in 1999 none of them made a Finals. Being an 8 seed is nothing more than bragging rights to say you made the playoffs.

Point being, under this system being a 9th place team would be far more valuable than finishing 8th.
>>
>>75782183
But he took the Cavs from the basement to the Finals in just 4 years.
>>
>>75780779
>>75782352
Didn't read last part about having a tournament to decide #1 pick. Actually like that idea honestly.
>>
>>75782378
Then he left.
>>
Being from New Orleans, I do love the butthurt from the Chris Paul trade debacle, the Anthony Davis number 1 pick, and the DeMarcus Cousins trade.

What kind of idiot thinks the NBA gives a shit about making The Pelicans relevant?
>>
>>75782183
It literally took him 9 years, and he led the Cavs to the Finals in his 4th season, knocking down the historically great Pistons team in the ECF.
>>
>>75780779
>tfw the Nuggets would get the #1 pick 3+ years in a row and become a new dynasty
Im ok with that desu.
Im pretty confident in >our ability to win the elimination tournament against other mediocre teams yet continue to narrowly miss the playoffs every year.

>tfw Jokic wins 5 chips in his career
>>
>>75782589

I want some crawfish.
>>
>>75782589
Thanks for Buddy Hield, he actually seems like a real find, enjoy the team cancer
>>
>>75780779
That's actually a pretty good idea. Specially the knockout part. It might even be more interesting than the playoffs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.