[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Each team in the MLB plays 162 games each and there are about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: lebron.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lebron.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
Each team in the MLB plays 162 games each and there are about 12 games played EVERY day. How do you keep up with this? Even NEETs will struggle in keeping up to date
>>
>>75777477
baseball isn't meant to be intensely followed constantly. it's GOAT background noise (be it tv or radio) with occasional attendance, it has the most descriptive stats for checking quickly the next day, and late season/playoffs are very intense.
>>
most people really only follow their favorite team closely, their division rivals with one eye, and then just the big stories/games that are happening around the league
>>
>>75777477
I'm a NEET and I watch every day
>>
>>75777507
This. You follow your local team and don't bother watching every game, because there's rarely ever a critical season deciding game until the playoffs.
>>
>>75777477
you don't have to watch every game to know how your team's doing
>>
>>75777477
thanks to sabermetrics, nerds dont even watch the games and only read up on stats to know whats going on during the season
>>
>itt we pretend beerbellybat is a sport
>>
>>75777477

The easiest way for me to follow/keep up with my team's stats was to make sure I watched when my favorite SP was on the mound.

then he did a bunch of coke and shredded himself and 2 friends to pieces
>>
you only watch your team play
>>
>>75777477
The vast majority of those games can be safely ignored. The schedule is only that long for the shekels.
>>
File: 1486092617783.gif (2MB, 643x539px) Image search: [Google]
1486092617783.gif
2MB, 643x539px
FUCK ALL OF YOU CASUALS

I KNOW CANDY MALDANANOS BAxFIP/UZC^4 FROM 1989 WITHOUT GOING TO FANGRAPHICS OR BASEBALL REFERRALS
>>
>>75781446
I wonder if at any point owners will get a clue that shortening the season might be better economically.

Players hate it and with ever increasing outside obligations I bet they draw a line in the sand and force them to shorten the season soon.
>>
>>75781467
>not knowing pre 1989 Maldanos

wew, CASUAL AF
>>
>>75781446
seriously its crazy. they literally call summer "the dog days of baseball"

people basically only really pay attention to baseball in april because it's a new season, then maybe starting late august through the end of the year. may, june, july, august are ltierally worthless
>>
>>75781605
Dude, how do you figure that shortening the season would EVER be better economically?

I want the season shortened as much as anyone, but how can you look at how most teams get between 20k-35k fans a game and think that they would ever be better off eliminating a ton of games
>>
>>75777477
>not knowing how to read a box score.

watching multiple games at once is also easy.
>>
>>75781446
Baseball has to have a long schedule. There's too much variation in any one game to play a short schedule. Over 162 games the best teams are going to establish themselves.
>>
>>75781253
I don't know what you expected out of a super rich mexican dude in Miami
>>
>>75782304
Not a lot, some. Go back to a 148/154 schedule for starters. The schedule is way too tight as it is and it's exhausting and players take a lot of games off. Loosened schedule would make the product slightly better. Maybe give percentage cut in player salaries in ratio to the games cut. Very small increase in ticket prices to account for the games being slightly more important. A lot of little things.

I don't know, not saying it would work for sure, just that they refuse to look into it. You just hear them always blindly say they will lose revenue thinking everything else would be the same.
>>
>>75780235
>gypsy giving his opinion about anything
Top kek
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.