[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spanish managers get exposed in England >English managers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6

>Spanish managers get exposed in England
>English managers get exposed in Spain
How do we fix this?
>>
just get an italian manager
>>
>English managers

Name 3 good English managers except Big Sam.
>>
>implying we have managers considered good enough to actually be exposed

i'd love to see pulis given a go in la liga though
>>
Tony Adams not doing well with Granada I see
>>
Which English managers have even attempted to manage in Spain?
>>
english managers get exposed everywhere
>>
>>75737591
Gary Neville-got 7 nil'd by Barcelona
Tony Adams-relegated Granada
>>
>>75737566

pardiola
>>
Neville and Adams can't be considered proper managers. Venables, Ron Atkinson, Kendall and Robson did alright back in the day.
>>
>>75737608
gary neville is a pundit
tony adams is like famous for being an alcoholic or some shit
>>
>>75737583
>>75737608
you'd think tony adams would be a decent manager, yet he's been a disaster every club he's gone to
>>
>>75737608

Didn't Adams just join them? They were probably already a lost cause
>>
>>75737591
Recently, there's Gary Neville (Valencia) and Tony Adams (Granada). Although admittedly Granada were expected to get relegated before Adams took the manager's job. And while he's not English, Moyes failed horribly in Spain too. I think the only Brit to do well in Spain recently was Chris Coleman.
>>
>>75737633
They were doing all right, they a good boy.
>>
>>75737621
>tony adams is like famous for being an alcoholic or some shit

Arsenal and occasional England captain for 20 years. But yeah he got pissed a lot.
>>
>comparing Guardiola to fucking Neville
Guardiola is 4th in the league with one game less than the 2nd and 3rd

Neville finished like 15th in his season at Valencia
>>
>>75737608
How did I forget about Neville, him getting BTFO and crawling back to sky was great
>>
>>75737663
he's fourth, shit in the cups and has the most expensive squad

way worse than pellegrini did
>>
>>75737608
They were already essentially relegated you spasticated bastard
>>
>>75737677
>the most expensive squad
I highly doubt that

United and Chelsea have more expensive squads for sure
>>
>>75737663
I literally read an article comparing Neville to Guardiola as he was about to take over the Valencia job.
>>
>>75737608
https://twitter.com/garylineker/status/674700348733411328
>>
>>75737663
Aitor Karanka, Rafa Benitez, Roberto Martinez
>>
>>75737707
None of them got as exposed as Neville
>>
>>75737689
nah, city are the highest, although almost equal to manu

chelsea are like 100m less expensive than either
>>
>>75737689
United is something like £470m
Chelsea is £370m
City is £480m

Not including wages of course
>>
>>75737566
>Big Sam
>good
>>
>>75737720
Neville had no previous managerial experience aside from being the assistant coach of an underperforming England side. He had nothing to expose.
>>
>>75737724
You can only measure it by wages

Transfer numbers are just speculation
>>
>>75737688
That's not true, Granada were flying high. Had like 40 points or some shit. Now look at them.

The guy's a drunk.
>>
>>75737756
kek nice backtracking. and wages aren't speculation either?
>>
>>75737756
city have the highest wage bill as well lel
>>
>>75737763
he's only been in charge for four games lol
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 970x485px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 970x485px
>>75737763
Granada were a fucking mess before he arrived, they were already in 19th place before they sacked their old manager. Just look at their current squad.
>>
>one english "manager" failed at valelncia
>poop is third with city
>somehow this is a trend of exposure
>>
>>75737819
he's fourth
>>
Adams is friends with someone at the club and is only filling in, he wasn't expected to get any results.
>>
>>75737664
Wait, is he really hired back as a pundit again?

Fucking how??
How can any viewer take his opinions on football seriously after they've seen him put that "knowledge" into practice and fail miserably?
>>
>>75737848
Because he's a good pundit?
>>
>>75737819
A Spanish manager has never won the Premier League. Aside from Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini, the only non-British managers to have won the Premier League are Italian.
>>
>>75737848
because being a pundit is a different job to being a manager?
>>
>>75737746
Benitez did an amazing job considering just how shit Liverpool are
>>
>>75737700
Why is Gary such a bantzmaster? And will he ever hear the end of the 'shit yourself m8' retort?
>>
>>75737810
Amazes me how the LFP allow something like this to happen.

They have nine permanent players for fuck's sake.

Not even 2012/13 Watford were that bad.
>>
>>75737863
>>75737867
He lost any right and authority to criticize other managers after how hard he failed during his own tenure.

He cannot say one bad word about other managers without it seeming utterly hypocritical.
>>
>>75737911
>you have to be a chef to know if food tastes good
>>
>>75737911
>He lost any right and authority to criticize other managers after how hard he failed during his own tenure
no he didn't?
>>
>>75737911
Why not? There are plenty of shit pundits who were even bigger failures as managers, yet for some reason everyone shits on Neville. He's one of the best pundits on TV along with Carragher.
>>
Hire Portuguese managers. They're the best.
>>
>>75737892
They're all from different clubs though. Abusing the system is loaning a whole team from one club acting as a feeder.
>>
>>75737932
Fair point. Still silly given they're loaning 16 players from 14 different clubs.

They must be near financial collapse if they can only have nine permanent signings.
>>
>>75737921
If I wanted to read/watch a food critic's analysis of restaurants, I would expect him to be a good and successful cook himself, yeah
>>
>>75737964
well that's completely ridiculous
>>
>>75737964
You're really embarrassing yourself here
>>
>>75737964
He doesn't analyse the managers, he analyses the players. And he was a pretty good player back in the day.
>>
>>75737964
He's a pundit for gameplay first and foremost, an articulate ex-United captain who won every trophy out there is pretty well qualified for that
>>
Daily reminder Pellegrini did nothing wrong
>>
>>75738017
>gets kicked out of Real Madrid after breaking their points record because Mourinho was available
>gets kicked out of Manchester City after winning the league the previous season and leading them to their longest Champions League campaign because Guardiola was available

Is there a more punished manager in football?
>>
>>75737964
I'm not a footballer but I can still tell you Fellaini is shit. Does it make me any less wrong?
>>
>>75738054
He had the last laugh anyway.
>>
>>75738054
>Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti (Spanish pronunciation: [maˈnwel peleˈɣɾini]; born 16 September 1953) is a Chilean professional football manager and former footballer and is currently the head coach of Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune
Not like this..
>>
>>75738087
He'll be earning a ridiculous salary m8
>>
>>75738105
Yeah true, just sad seeing people who could still contribute ending their career for a bit more money
>>
>>75738071
If they had decided to keep him on, he would have had a good chance of reaching the CL final and potentially winning the competition. Real Madrid weren't exactly brilliant in that semi-final and they needed an own goal from City to progress. Pellegrini probably could have won the tie but how can you motivate yourself when you know the club will get rid of you in the Summer anyway?
>>
>>75737621
tony adams is/was a pundit in china. the owners of grenada saw him on tv and gave him a job based solely on this. when will people learn that pundits are just as stupid as /us/ when it comes to managing a football club
>>
>>75737543
> Gary Neville
> Manager

Taking a sports pundit with no experience and putting him in charge of a Football club is not exposing an English manager.
>>
>>75738174
Tony Adams got the Granada job because he was one of the board members of the club and they needed a short-term replacement for the previous manager who practically got the club relegated already.
>>
>>75738174
>gave him a job based solely on this

understating it a bit
>>
File: meme arrow moyes.jpg (58KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
meme arrow moyes.jpg
58KB, 418x455px
>forgetting that based >moyes BTFO of Uefalona
>>
File: s-sprite, shaken not stirred.jpg (24KB, 282x469px) Image search: [Google]
s-sprite, shaken not stirred.jpg
24KB, 282x469px
>>75737543
only english managers need fixing. they cant win a league anywhere
>25 years since an english manager won the top flight in england
>33 years since an english manager won the CL
>>
>>75738153
Being salaried at the very least £10m I don't hold it against him at all. Easy gig too, China are throwing money at their super league purely for brand growth, no pressure to perform.
>>
english players and managers can't do shit outside their fucking island
the eternal anglo shall never be allowed outside of it
>>
The only decent living English managers are Glenn Hoddle and Harry Redknapp, and they'd rather be television pundits

Oh, also Terry Venables, but he's too old to manage any more I guess
>>
>>75738531
spaniards have been pretty shit overall here

probably too cold for the little guys and no siestas
>>
>>75738678
implting mata and torres alone haven't done better that all english players in la liga in history
even the greatest english players like beckham and owen failed
>>
>>75738782
>torres

became the biggest laughing stock in world football
>>
>>75738820
yet he was the one that won the last champions league for england
>>
>>75738852
Anyone in his position would have scored that goal. The only reason Torres was in that position in the first place was because they had to justify his ridiculous price tag.
>>
>>75738852
i'll admit he was incredible at liverpool, but still he'll be remembered for his collapse

also beckham didn't fail, neither did mcmanaman nor lineker. owen only flopped due to injuries.
>>
>>75738782
>torres

wew
>>
why are bongs forgetting players like cesc (who was total fraud in spain), pedro (mediocre in spain, stellar in bongland), silva (best midfielded in england, wouldn't crack top 5 in spain), azpilicueta (would be your average basque defender in spain, top 5 in bongland), herrera (not even top 5 most important player in bilbao, becomes the heart and the motor of united) or alonso (leaves liverpool, club collapses)? clearly not comparable to english players abroad, who are OK at best
>>
>>75738935
because I can list twice as many who couldn't cut it
>>
>its the daily la liga/epl fight thread
>>
>>75738964
so? is there a country that has 100% success rate in england?

the fact is that spain has had better players in england than viceversa, no matter how many alberto morenos you get.
>>
>>75738935
>why are bongs forgetting players like cesc (who was total fraud in spain), pedro (mediocre in spain, stellar in bongland), silva (best midfielded in england, wouldn't crack top 5 in spain), azpilicueta (would be your average basque defender in spain, top 5 in bongland), herrera (not even top 5 most important player in bilbao, becomes the heart and the motor of united) or alonso (leaves liverpool, club collapses)? clearly not comparable to english players abroad, who are OK at best
Premierfags BTFO
>>
>>75737566
Pulisball
>>
>>75738935
>>75738985
>>75739197
English players don't want to play in Spain.

Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Cole etc. could have walked into Barca or Madrid, they certainly made enough offers over the years. Instead they chose to stay in a superior and actually competitive league.
>>
>>75739297
>could have walked to Barca or Madrid
KEK
E
K

I'll give you Lampard and Cole and that's it, everyone else is trash.
>>
>English managers
>coaching outside of England

except Neville, does such a thing even exist?
>>
>>75739350
I know you've only followed football for a few years but Slippy G was once one of the best midfielders in the world

Likewise Terry is arguably England's best ever CB.
>>
>English managers

http://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/853219526787436544
>>
>>75739403
If you did that in front of the opposition, they'd be really confused. That's the moment when you rush forwards and score.
>>
>>75739366
El Tel and Robson both won trophies at Barcelona.
>>
>>75737543

>Tfw Moyes getting exposed in Spain and England
>>
>>75739403
>not knowing who tony adams is
>>
>>75738935
Different styles, man. What about Aspas and Soldado and lots of others? Herrera is more an English style, energetic player. The Spanish don't like that. But look at a Carrick. Pep praises him but he hardly ever got a game for England. I would say Spanish league/national team is better (look at how you guys have dominated) but it's not because of this that players do well here but can't reach that level in Spain: it's the different styles.
>>
>>75739438
>http://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/853219526787436544
kek

>>75739457
>El Tel
You mean Venables?
>>
>>75737591
Mouyes almost relagated R.Sociedad. He is Scottish but there is no difference betseen a Scot and an Englishman
>>
>>75739869
>I would say Spanish league/national team is better

That's generous of you
>>
>>75737629
>>75737583
>>75737608
Why would anyone think Adams would make a good manager?

The guy was an alchohlic for 20years and spent a large portion of that being hit in the face with balls when not drinking
>>
Nuke Spain
>>
File: L4cpPf2.jpg (54KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
L4cpPf2.jpg
54KB, 599x337px
>>75737566
this guy
>>
>>75740936
hi lad, are you coming to Benidorm and the FIB this year too?
>>
>>75742428
I come over your mamas face
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.