[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many years until soccer is #1 sport in the USA? I say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: spic'd.png (21KB, 974x454px) Image search: [Google]
spic'd.png
21KB, 974x454px
How many years until soccer is #1 sport in the USA? I say 10 or 15 years
>>
>no source
every time. also i know you're not familiar with american culture but the popular sports in high school do not reflect the popular professional sports. everyone in my school wanted to be a lacrosse player and a runner on the track team. in the real world nobody gives a fuck about those sports.
>>
nice sauce there
>>
File: 1404196261166.jpg (128KB, 1024x756px) Image search: [Google]
1404196261166.jpg
128KB, 1024x756px
>>75598970
>host in 2026
>have favorable FIFA host refball
>have PulisGOD and a lot of upcoming American youth players in their primes
>have USA USA USA crowds
>250th anniversary of the greatest country on Earth
We are going to win the world cup on July 4th.
>>
Just because young people participate in it doesn't mean it'll overtake the big 3. Soccer is treated like a boring pussy sport in America to watch, it's going to take more than 15 years for that reputation to be gone. Only hipster fags watch soccer. The MLS is also a shitty league that isn't even close to European leagues, the level of talent and skill there is fucking embarrassing. MLS is also not even close to the 4 major American sports when it comes to revenue and viewers.
>>
>>75599271
Britbro nailed it. Only childrens, girls and gays play soccer here.
>>
>>75599823
thats like 200 million people

god damn
>>
>>75599923
I didn't say all children, women and gay people play it. Most kids just play video games now and the other two spend their days bitching about politics usually.
>>
>>75599117
Yurgen Klansmann is no longer the bee's knees.
>>
Unfortunately never. Most people still think only fags watch "soccer" but, to be honest it is miles more entertaining than the NFL, MLB and especially the fucking NBA. Also it's great not having to sit through commercials every 5 minutes. Still will never watch MLS though.
>>
>>75598970
>soccer
>sport
Soccer is a game. For third world children. Why spics and Euroniggers have latched onto it so hard is beyond me. Probably because it's the only pastime simple enough for their weak, foreign """brains""" to fathom.
>>
Every kid is playing lacrosse now holy shit.

When did it become so big?
>>
>percentages
how many percentages does it have to grow beyond american football? thousands.
>>
>>75600308
>not understanding how % work
>>
I played soccer in hs.
Haven't watched a single game outside of the World Cup. Shit is boring af to watch. Fucking great to play tho.
>>
>>75599045
>>75599106

Quick Google shows that these are just horribly edited stats from an actual SFIA report that shows that soccer is also played less (-10%) over this specific timeframe.

http://www.engagesports.com/blog/post/1488/youth-sports-participation-statistics-and-trends
>>
>>75600514

There you go.

>Have a bunch of useless spics in the country
>They can't even into football/soccer
>>
File: PAY2WIN.jpg (759KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
PAY2WIN.jpg
759KB, 1143x857px
>>75598970
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>75600282
Why not? Give it a try. I'm watching it right now on a youtube stream. Schweinsteiger is playing
>>
File: cringing shuddering kermit.png (206KB, 348x288px) Image search: [Google]
cringing shuddering kermit.png
206KB, 348x288px
>PLEASE WATCH AND PLAY OUR SPORT AMERICA!
>PLEAAAAASE!

Why the fuck do you third world subhumans do this? Do you even sense just how pathetic it looks, or all you just natural attention whores?

I literally wouldn't want any North American sports gaining any popularity outside of America and still get triggered by how popular basketball is because i'd like to keep them solely American (and Canadian)
>>
>>75602884
This. PLEASE DONT WATCH OUR SPORT as i don't intend to watch yours.
>>75600794
This bong gets it.
>>
>>75598970
Around the same time whites become a minority.
>>
>>75598970
Once we build the wall and no more chicano futbooooooolllllbois are entering the country soccer will die
>>
>>75599823
There's a similar saying in Australia that soccer is for sheilas (girls), wogs (non-Anglos) and pooftas (gays).
>>
>>75599823
So, then, pretty much every American?
>>
>>75599271

This is the first generation of kids that have had access to top level soccer on tv and they're watching it and playing it. Plus FIFA has become one of the most played video games in the U.S.. It's not like it's going to surpass other sports here, but our pool is getting better on an exponential rate because more kids are pursuing it seriously.
>>
It will be so glorious the day world soccer switches over to the american system of how leagues work.

IT will happen A few years after MLS revenue eclipses a billion dollars in revenue and starts getting all the best soccer players.
>>
>>75603338
i remember seeing EPL games on tv like 12 years ago, what are you talking about?
>>
>>75603338
>This is the first generation of kids that have had access to top level soccer on tv

I was watching actual Serie A back in the 90s on American TV. You need to stop memeing
>>
>>75599045

>comparing lacrosse to his majesty football

bitch please
>>
>>75599271
This

Only the children of immigrants like soccer
>>
>>75603382
>>75603568
but now you dont have to wake up at 6am on a saturday to watch yurosoccer.
>>
Five years from now the NFL will have nothing but niggers except for the kickers and the occasional underwear model QB. By then Ameritards will argue soccer was their favorite sport all along.
>>
>>75600282
>he says, as he climaxes in orgasm with his little white trash 4 inch dick to Jamal Tyshawnavius III flexing his nigger ass while holding the hand egg.
>>
>>75600514
>3M people do gymnastics
what the fuck, I've never met anyone who does gymnastics.
>>
File: Youth Participation 2014.png (257KB, 1079x797px) Image search: [Google]
Youth Participation 2014.png
257KB, 1079x797px
This graph must be from Canada or something, as ice hockey and rugby don't usually feature on US sports participation graphs.

See pic. Participation in soccer has declined, as it has in all sports, since kids specialize more in one sport these days.

Furthermore, soccer does terrible on television outside of the World Cup and championship matches from that Mexican league.

It really hasn't grown that much since 1994.
>>
>>75607387

It's mostly attractive women that do it
>>
>>75608089
but schools don't have gymnastics programs, where are all these kids doing gymnastics, I don't believe it
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.