[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this the shittiest international tournament in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png (257KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png
257KB, 727x1024px
Why was this the shittiest international tournament in the last 30 years?
>>
File: mw-1240.jpg (350KB, 1240x810px) Image search: [Google]
mw-1240.jpg
350KB, 1240x810px
no
>>
File: papainaestamos.png (1MB, 1271x712px) Image search: [Google]
papainaestamos.png
1MB, 1271x712px
no
>>
>>75589812
yes

shit, undeserving team

the only team that played more horrid football was >us
>>
>>75589765
2002 Weebland was worse, although euro2016 sucked too. Italia 90 was meh as well
>>
>>75589889
I bet you're in the orange order
>>
>>75589765
They forced the hype way too hard. They wanted to make it look as if it was going to be better than Memezil 2014 even though European teams are in decline.
>>
South Africa and Japan were worse
>>
>>75589765
hell no

2008-2010-2012 were pure fucking shit
>>
Top 3 shittiest yes
#1 no, that's for '02
>>
>>75589931
You are just butthurt because you werent there
:^)
>>
>>75589925
What's the orange order? An Irish thing?
>>
Considering I got to mine some salt here on /sp/, no. I unironically thought from the beginning they would win and the madmen did it.
>>
Because the team that won literally lucked their way there
>>
File: 1491247272338.jpg (110KB, 718x628px) Image search: [Google]
1491247272338.jpg
110KB, 718x628px
>>75590065
>implying

Either way >we weren't in Brazil either and I still enjoyed the shit out of that tournament.
>>
>don't win a single group stage game
>somehow champion of your continent

The state of divegrass, ladies and gentlemen
>>
Fuckface
>>
>>75590050
What happened, cosmin?

Are u mad ur family lives in the streets of malaga?
>>
True, Greece was much more fun because they were underdog, but in Euro 2016 Portugal was horrible, Cristiano Ronaldo don't play and get the credits for Eder.

France was a shit team too, they only had really Griezmann playing good for them.
Portugal had a incredible team in 2004 and also were good in 2012, but in their worst eurocup, most ugly games, they won.
>>
>>75589854

Officially laugh at england threads made this euro the best. I dont know if it would have been sweeter to see engand get Knocked out by wales in the group stage though.

But that iceland game was hilarious

>2 shots on target
>2 goals

>a fucking dentist
>>
>>75590311
people dont realize that portugal has always been the underdog, they just over perform in tournaments so people always think they are top dogs
>>
>>75590050
Why don't you tell your friends to stop beg the Norwegian public for money in the streets while selling your daughters to prostitution?
>>
>>75590313
That was the only good thing to come out of that shit tournament

Hopefully England faceplants again, so we can rile up the pakis of /sp/
>>
>>75590311
>also were good in 2012
it was the same level as 2016 desu
>>
>not enjoying the meme magic trajectory of Iceland
>not enjoying the 1st ever title of Portugal
>>
The Euros have been shit for like 20 years now desu

The '10 WC was almost as bad as the '16 Euros but at least the memes were good
>>
>>75590410
because theres a gap in the market not even your mother can fill
>>75590310
>americoons and sawker
cringe. also, no, malaga is nice. you shouldve said detroit
>>
>>75590611
> germany havent won a euro in 20 years so they have all been shit

salty ass nigga
>>
>>75590696
they have been shit regardless of my nationality. germany won the '90 world cup and it was an awful wc too.
>>
>>75590069
That's what someone in the orange order would say
>>
File: Tsunaldo Freekick.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Tsunaldo Freekick.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>75590553
I enjoyed the Iceland Meme Magic, especially after Lestah had just produced Meme Magic of their own.

As for Poortugal winning it, they are objectively the WORST champions. It is quite possible that Mexico, even after getting HEEM'd by Chile, could beat them. Hell, this Poortugal Side drew to >US in 2014.

Also, bonus WebM of the supposed """""GOAT""""""
>>
WILL GRIGGS IS ON FIRE

YOUR DEFENCE IS TERRIFIED

NA NANANANA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
>>
the format was bullshit but it had a handful of great moments and decent memes

still pretty shit on average though
>>
>>75591491
agreed. it was pretty decent for the memes
italy germany benuldis were nerve wrecking as shit. I'll probably remember that the most together with dentists and mothnaldo
>>
>>75590967
>It is quite possible that Mexico, even after getting HEEM'd by Chile, could beat them.

Of course it's possible. It's also possible for Mexico to reach the world cup semis but it never happens.
You're CHIcano btw.
>>
>>75591272
Tbf I quite enjoyed that shitty meme for a while during the summer. Got into a nice chat with some brit lads in Spain over that song playing in a pub, good times.
>>
>>75589889
>>75590064
2002 was the last good world cup
>inb4 muh refs
Irrelevant, it was the last world cup with good football in it
>>
File: FernandoSantos_Portugal.jpg (40KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
FernandoSantos_Portugal.jpg
40KB, 630x350px
>Portugal are not even making it out of the group stage
>Croatia will destroy them
>Poland will humiliate them
>Bale is going to score at least 2 FK goals against them
>France? It's going to be a massacre

I wish I could live it again.
>>
>>75590311
>Portugal had a incredible team in 2004
Don't forget 2000 which was even better
>>
>>75590611
Euro 2000 was pretty good(albeit...maybe not for Germans)
>>
>>75596151
>all the salt after each knock-out match
Glorious, but tbf I was mad as hell after the group stage.
>>
Lots of laffs were had. It was a great tournament desu, all things considered.
>>
>>75589765
>only had really Griezmann playing good for them

Giroud?
>>
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: 1489766332649.jpg (40KB, 534x627px) Image search: [Google]
1489766332649.jpg
40KB, 534x627px
no
>>
>>75596151
best banter of 2016, tastier than Trump's win
>>
>>75590349
Yeah, But Greece was underdog of the underdogs in 2004
>>75596154
I said 2004 because they already had Cristiano Ronaldo for people who like him, but also had Figo, Deco, Quaresma, Rui Costa and many other players that were better for their team than the players of today. I think it's their best team but in this euro had other great teams too.

>>75590544
Even in 2012 they were better for me, but you can feel proud of being the champion in 2016, this is what matters.

>>75597289
My bad, i forget him, he was good for France too.
>>
>tfw you lived long enough to see your national team turn into a meme

feels good man
>>
Xx_EdgŸy_@z_FüÇk_xX
>>
it fucking sucked. letting third placed teams go through was a disaster because it allowed meme teams like albania and portugal to just play for the draw. and now fifa is pushing for the same format in future tournaments because "euro 2016 proved that it's a great idea". killing football a little more every day

croatia -portugal was the worst game I've ever seen.
>>
>>75596151
>Croashita
>Pooland
>Wales
Fucking hell what an embarrassing tournament.
>>
Portugal should win in 1984 or 2000 and not in 2016
>>
>>75598397
>Even in 2012 they were better for me
I still think both teams were equivalent in power level. Strong defending, capable of threatening the opponent's goal in case they had the chance. The thing is that Portugal faced weaker opponents in 2016 (blame UEFA) and that may be misleading. But once the real tests arrived (Croatia and France imo), our boys delivered, even if not in the most spectacular way.

I accept your argument though. We faced stronger teams in 2012 and performed rather well. Portugal also managed to nullify Spain when the spaniards looked invincible against the rest of Europe. A shame about the penalties.

>>75601243
Too young to remember 2000, but halfway through 2004 and 2012, I really believed we could win it, unlike 2016, where I only started believing after Eder scored lmao.
I guess it happened when we least expected it.
>>
>>75590418
>>75590313
Amusingly, /sp/ was probably the only place you would have got a reaction, which does make me wonder if it's just the Scots playing along with the joke on here. Basically everyone I know just rolled their eyes and said "Typical England". No anger, barely even surprise. We just expect it at this point. Some hoped it would at least be the straw that broke the camels back and to fix the mess there, which it kind of did because it got rid of Woy, but it's not enough to avoid a repeat performance at the WC IMO.

Every cup is the same. We demolish the qualifiers, scrape through the group stage despite always getting put in Pot 1 so we avoid the "Big Teams", and then get knocked-out in the Round of 16 with minimal fanfare or a penalty shoot-out on the "good years". Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile, our newspapers put out embarrassing headlines which only seem to be setting up their "FIRE EVERYONE ON THE TEAM!" headlines a week later, because they sure as fuck don't make us start believing in the team.

At least our other athletes and teams are regularly competent, and even our Women's team had a great showing at the last World Cup where they finished 3rd. Unfortunately the UK Sports spotlight will always stay on the under-performing Men's Football Team.
Anyway, Cup was still a mess regardless of >England.
So many boring matches,
The only teams worth any attention were Wales, Iceland and the two Ireland's (And I might be stretching with the Ireland's),
Needless padding out to put in more teams which just made it bloated (many of the first timer teams would have qualified on the old rules anyway!),
And the champions were a team who finished 3rd in their group and only won one game in 90 minutes throughout the whole tournament (Against a side missing a key defender from the previous game).
>>
>>75589765

Mondial 1994, shitty timezone, shitty "fans", pathetic group system with 24 teams, "soccer", etc. etc.

Yeah, there were some legends playing there and there were some epic moments but in general it was shit.
>>
>>75602044
>Mondial 1994
delet this
>>
>>75602077

I remember we supported you back then because of Stoichkov-Miroslav Ilic friendship.
>>
>>75602044
I wonder if 2026 will be as bad. At least the Mexicans will provide some good atmosphere.
>>
File: hey look i'm fat.jpg (9KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
hey look i'm fat.jpg
9KB, 200x253px
The tournament was shitty but at lest meme magic happened. Now imagine if France had won it.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.