[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DONT TOUCH ME NOW CAUSE IM CLOSE TO THE EDGE http://www.cb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 4

DONT TOUCH ME NOW CAUSE IM CLOSE TO THE EDGE

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-nike-under-armour-adidas-pass-on-endorsing-lonzo-ball-because-of-lavar-ball/
>>
Thats sad
>>
He, seems highly marketable
>>
>>75565395
He's a bust.
>>
JUST
>>
>>75561968
He is only valuable if the lands on LA
>>
Why would they endorse him anyways he's playing amateur sports?
>>
>>75565455
They lock up athletes when they're young and poor so they take the deals which are shit if the athlete turns into a good player
>>
>>75565493
So his dad is right and he's doing a good thing and protecting his son from jews?
>>
Cornball ass nigga is a bust. That's why.
>>
>>75565510
i think his dad is an overly obsessed moron, when he walks into that news studio with lonzo following behind him all i can imagine lavar saying is 'whats up crakka mothafuckas'

he reminds me of uncle ruckus
>>
>>75565510
He's right, he just thinks his son is the next coming of black Jesus, therefor truly believes he's in the realm of said athletes, problem is, he isn't.

Why does anyone give a shit what some practice squad nigga has to say in the first place?
>>
>>75565510
His dad broke clear rules but the rules are pretty horrific for the players
>>
>>75565577
The only chick who was ever on that shitty SD show was the most "le quirky weird Jew York City" intern type. You're more retarded than the Canadians, at least they're funny.
>>
>>75565611
Don't worry kid, when we annex USA we won't kill you at first, we'll let you flee to Canada or Mexico.
>>
Nah this is actually good.

Markets all about that Nike/Reebok brand now.

Fuck Under Armour.
>>
>>75565675
>Fuck Under Armour.

I liked them better when they were just making under shirts for football players back in the late 90's/early 00's. Not when they decided they wanted to be the new Nike. Nike is Nike. It's like Coca-Cola. It's not going away nor being conquered.
>>
>>75561968
That sure is one ugly son of a bitch. His square head makes him look like Frankenstein's monster.
>>
Does this guy like his dad or hate him?
>>
>>75565891
I don't think he really gets to have a say in the matter.
>>
Everyone who hates on Lavar Ball is jealous that he's not their dad. Lonzo wouldn't be a lottery pick with gauranteed set for life money at 19 years old without him, he might not of even went to college for free...

He coulda been like yall, a pimple-faced fuckin wierdo who sat in his room and jerked off to ainmae all day; but no, his dad made sure he became the greatest person he could possibly be. He was 'wit him shootin' in da gym' every. fucking. day. and now his son is on the precipous of greatness.

Yall either had none or one hell of a fuck-up of a dad if you're past the age of 16 and in this thread.
>>
>>75565920

yea he also coulda been like you and been the same as all of us you fucking tryhard
>>
>tfw you just want a reasonable Nike deal but your dad won't let you
>>
>>75565920
unfortunately my dad had a job so he couldn't play basketball with me all day.
>>
Will everyone in the NBA make it a point to dunk their nuts in his face every time they get a chance because of his dad?
>>
>>75561968
>le bust brothers
sad!
>>
if i were a lottery team GM i'd think thrice about drafting ball. is drafting a decent PG project really worth the hassle of dealing with his nutjob of a father for years to come? the draft features a bunch of good PG prospects, all of whom are guaranteed to be less trouble.
>>
>>75565920
my dad is white and knows acceptable boundaries, unlucky for me
>>
The Rush family had a weird dynamic like this guys father had. Except they had the momma who was trying to cash checks from the time they were 12 years old.

Just like this guy they had three they thought were can't miss prospects.

JaRon Rush flamed out at UCLA and was ruled ineligible then never drafted and became an alcoholic.

Brandon Rush is a back bencher for the TWolves. Kareem bounced between the Lakers and eastern europe.

Their bullshit never works out like they think it will. The gravy train is never quite as loaded as they imagine.

You can look at the top players in the NBA and when they came out of college they looked like absolute men among boys. That is not the case with the UCLA guy.
>>
>>75580416
you're a sad person
>>
>>75580325
If I was a GM I would think seriously about ever drafting a PG in the lottery. It has become a less important position over the years. The only PGs that are top tier that were lottery are Chris Paul, Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving, Westbrook and Harden.

And out of those only Paul, Westbook and Harden can justify their draft position.

Does anyone actually think Kyrie Irving is worth a #1 overall pick?
>>
>>75580485
stop drinking colt 45 and go to bed JaRon
>>
>>75580519
westbrook and harden are SGs desu
>>
>>75574569
lebron definitely will. even ucla alumni like love and westbrook don't like him, they liked something about lavar being an idiot on instagram.

a lot of players are going to at least try to shit on him.
>>
>>75580577
shill
>>
>>75580519
2011 draft wasn't that deep. yes it had klay, butler and kawhi but nobody expected they would become that good. the top ten was kyrie, derrick williams (massive bust), enes kanter (meh), tristan thompson (ok), valanciunas (decent), vesely (bust), biyombo (bust), knight (bust), walker (very good) and jimmer (massive bust)
>>
>being mean t a guy because of his dad

shouldn't they be more mature?
>>
>>75580623
u wot
>>
>>75580686
>bullying a teenager on a Bengali chicken and rice recipe forum
kys lad
>>
you only get shoe deals usually if you have won a chip in the NBA, this nigga aint play a minute yet and thinks he gonna get a shoe deal lol
>>
>>75580652
Anybody who watched college basketball knew that Kawhi was going to be an NBA star. He was the best player on the best San Diego State team of all time and singlehandedly led them deep in the NCAA tourney. Kimba Walker was clearly awesome in college. Everyone knew Jimmer would suck shit he was the great white hype and everyone knew it.

FWIW Kyrie came from Duke but was injured for most of his time there. Maybe he would have been better but he never really got the chance.
>>
>>75580765
nearly every player in the NBA has a shoe deal. What you are talking about is the dozen or so players who have signature shoes. Plus out of those dozen about half are just endorsing the hyperdunks or whatever in their colors it isn't like it was designed for them.
>>
So Sneakerheads.....I haven't bought a pair of basketball shoes in nearly a decade.

Who has the best/coolest signature shoe? Who has the signature shoe that is best to actually play in?
>>
>>75580722
how am I bullying him? just stating what will probably happen.

I honestly feel a bit for lonzo himself. he hasn't done or said anything himself, it's all his father's doing. I know he could just tell his father to fuck off but that's easier said than done, especially as I imagine lavar would be a very controlling father.
>>
>>75581008
>Anybody who watched college basketball knew that Kawhi was going to be an NBA star.

well everyone bar the pacers front office then, who traded him for george hill, and all those teams who passed on him in favour of what turned out to be utter garbage.
>>
>>75580519
nah i think it's become a more important position overall, but if you draft an elite prospect with a high lottery pick, chances are you're developing him for someone else anyway.

in fact, i don't know why teams are so obsessed with the first pick. the only first picks that won their teams at least one championship over the last 30 years were david robinson, tim duncan, lebron james, and kyrie irving. irving (and robinson in 2003) were only second bananas, and james spent his athletic prime in south beach. that's not a great record.

there's a metric fuckton of analytics and global scouting has become thorough as fuck, and the draft is still just a major crapshoot. nikola jokic is a transformative player, and he went 41st recently. jimmy butler went 30th, leonard 15th, marc gasol 48th, antetokounmpo 15th, devin booker 13th. you'd want to build around those guys any day of the week over any elite PG prospect, more likely than not, and most teams still just stumble over these guys randomly. i'm no GM but i'm pretty sure buying into the hype over the next marketable chucker won't help you in the long run at all.
>>
>>75581172
SDSU is a mid-tier quality team and they were clearly the best team in California that year. He dropped in the draft because people underestimated his ability to be an all-around player and thought he was just a in-betweener who would be too small to play the post and too big to be an effective small forward.

>>75581209
I agree with this totally. Draft an elite PG now and watch him play his prime for someone else. That's why the NBA likes foreign players. They have been eating shit for a year for Milan or Maccabbi and they know how to deal with the stresses of the road, PT, long seasons, etc.

Keep in mind even 20 years ago everyone was coming out with 4 years of college ball where they learned to be clutch as hell. These are glorified high schoolers with the one and done rule who seek out one and done programs (UK, KU) who will let them do whatever.
>>
>>75565510
His dad thinks he can outsmart everyone. That in-explainable nigger confidence when all signs point to the contrary.
>>
>>75580652
>biyombo
>bust
I need to install that 4chanx meme
>>
>>75565920
projecting: the post
>>
>>75581790
>p-p-p-projecting
hop off his nuts little guy
>>
>>75581721
that's what I'm saying, not a lot of people expected kawhi to become as good as he has become

>>75581754
he hasn't done shit beside a few great games in the play-offs last season
>>
>>75581069

Best coolest shoe??
KD high tops??
Rose gold kobe 10

Best shoe to play in??
Kobe Venom shoe I have, really like it. Very comfortable and sturdy.

I have never tried harden or curry shoes. My friend has a pair of kyrie they seem prety decent.

Im not a sneaker head i play bball semi regularly.
>>
>>75581973
who's? All I can see is you deepthroating Lavar Bell
>>
>>75582119
I'm gonna filter that flag

>>75582299
>hating on the ball brothers before they get drafted
>tfw my lakies rape the league with the balls-ingram-russ connection
>>
>>75581209
>>>75580519
> chances are you're developing him for someone else anyway.
American_sports.exe
>>
>>75582351
I don't give a fuck about a rigged league. CBB or gtfo. I just despise what a cunt he is and feel bad his sons had to grow up in that enviroment. He's the dad living through his sons because his career didn't take off and now he's trying to pimp his own brand and will fuck over his son if he has to (and he just did)
>>
>>75582390
That happens in European soccer? What sport doesn't that happen in you dumb fuck
>>
>>75582489
wow, imagine having such hate in your heart for people you'd never meet.

sort yourself out lad
>>
>>75582510
~~~not an argument~~~
>>
>>75581721
i just looked at the last ten championship rosters

2016 cavs, players who were drafted by the team: james (1st), irving (1st)
2015 dubs: curry (7th), barnes (7th) thompson (11th), green (35th)
2014 spurs: duncan (1st), leonard (15th), parker (28th), splitter (28th), ginobili (59th)
2012/2013 heat: wade (5th), pittman (32nd)
2011 mavs: kidd (2nd), nowitzki (9th)
2009/2010 lakers: bynum (10th), bryant (13th), fisher (24th), farmar (26th), vujacic (27th), walton (32nd)
2008 celtics: pierce (10th), rondo (21st), tony allen (25th), perkins (27th), pruitt (32nd)
2007 spurs: 2014 mainstays plus udrih (28th)

the 2016 cavs were pretty much the outlier, and even then james doesn't really count maybe since he left the franchise at some prior point (as did kidd as a 2nd overall pick with the mavs).

bottom line is probably that it's good to have your own guys and develop them, but put as much effort into your late lottery or just late first and early second round guys as you'd do with the kids generating tons of hype and endorsement deals. even then, only a few really turn into franchise player material, the 2015 dubs shining the brightest i guess. i don't like their bravado but i give credit where it's due.
>>
>>75582578
>/pol/tard to boot
horrific
>>
>>75582506
It only happens in soccer when the club is no longer interested in the player or a team with money comes knocking and the player decides he wants to move.
It doesn't happen because lol no more cap space time to sell, lol free agency guy just left for free, lol we didn't play him because we have better options currently so he went into a supplemental draft.
Not to mention no one here actually develops players. By the time a professional team gets a hold on a player they're 19 or 20. If they wanted to develop a player they'd be getting them at 13 and having them under their coaching until they were 22 and a fully fleshed out player.
>>
>>75581721
>Keep in mind even 20 years ago everyone was coming out with 4 years of college ball where they learned to be clutch as hell. These are glorified high schoolers with the one and done rule who seek out one and done programs (UK, KU) who will let them do whatever.
forgot to say that i like this point. AAU and one-and-done have made lottery picks even more unpredictable and less reliable. there's just no saying which direction these kids are going.
>>
>>75582351
please tell my why the fuck you think biyombo is not a bust. these are his career averages:
4.9 ppg
6.6 rpg
1.5 blkpg
.512% fg
.553% ft

for a seventh overall pick in his sixth year in the league that's not good at all. the only major thing he has to his name is that one game he grabbed every rebound for the raptors last season, which earned him a big paycheck for the magic (lmao). there, he's averaging these numbers:
22.1 mpg
6.0 ppg
7.0 rpg
1.1 blkpg
.528% fg
.534% ft
>>
>>75565920
Ball is a taller Rondo at best. Hes not going to set the league on fire. He will make money, though, youre right about that.
>>
>>75580577
Plus black players in the league hate mixed rich boys like him and Curry.
>>
If the Big 3 passed on him, will NBA GMs pass on him and draft someone else instead?
>>
>>75565510
His dad has the right idea, but terrible execution.
>>
>>75584946
>His dad has the right idea

No. The brand is the person. The Tiger Woods brand was Tiger Woods himself, derived entirely from what he did on the course.

The brand is not separate from the person.
>>
>>75584904
He's really not a top overall talent. There is just a lot of buildup and hype that is being created because he plays for the University that is located in Los Angeles and the LA Lakers are in the lottery this year.

He's not even projected to be the first PG picked. Mock Drafts project the UWashington PG Fultz to be picked first overall.
>>
>>75585061
how good is Fultz? I don't care about college until the draft comes around
>>
>>75582143
I always played in mid tops or high tops...do you have to wear ankle supports when wearing low top basketball shoes? or do I sound like a grandpa asking that.
>>
>>75581754
SIT DOWN
>>
>>75565510
Lavar has a couple good ideas but terrible execution all around.

If everything worked out the way he envisions he would be a visionary and a genius. However, his vision is predicated on a lot of faulty assumptions and really big leaps in logic and he's burned backup/contingency routes that could normally be safety valves because he can't not run his fucking mouth. It's sad really.
>>
Why the fuck don't you trash the one and done rule? Then we get jokers like Ingram going second in last years draft
>>
>>75587659
BIYOMBO
>>
>>75561968
As a young child I saw my Mother relentlessly beaten by my Father. I can still recall hearing her muffled screams through the walls of my bedroom as I lay trying to fall asleep. Some nights were worse than others, but I remember the mornings my Grandmother would take me to school because my Mother couldn’t be seen in public. She would wear sunglasses and long sleeve shirts for weeks while the bruising and swelling slowly healed around her eyes and arms. I never understood how something as simple as an overcooked meal or spilt glass of wine in the living room could send my Father into these inexplicable fits of rage; not until this very moment. Not until I saw your presentation. You are the stain on my fathers Afghan rug and I see no club soda nor salt to scrub you away. For an investment of 250,000 dollars I will retain 92% of your company with a lifetime of royalties and if you even for one second glance in Lori’s direction, I will personally crucify each of your children
>>
>>75585116
Legit prototype PG. 6'4 with 6'10 wingspan, offensive dynamo. Needs to be more consistent on both ends (effort and fundamentals mostly), concerns about 65% FT being the better measure of outside shooting. Can play offball, which would suit a great many teams.

Played for a shit UW Huskies because the HC could recruit, but not coach. UW was set to get Michael Porter (6'10 point forward type player), but decommitted and chose Missouri after HC was fired and his dad went to Missouri.
>>
>>75565510
His dad is also trying to get his sons who are still in high school signed to an insane deal
>>
File: IMG_2447.jpg (279KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2447.jpg
279KB, 2000x2000px
>>75585257
I'd recommend playing in the Adidas Crazy Explosive Low. It's supportive like it's high top counterpart but without the ankle area, making it lighter.
>>
>>75604726
wew lad
>>
File: IMG_7445.png (7KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7445.png
7KB, 253x199px
>>75604726
>>
>>75604726
what did he mean by this?
>>
His dad screwed em.
>>
>>75565675

>rebook

you mean Adidas
>>
>>75585061
He's got good court vision for a college players. Mediocre everywhere else
>>
He's so ugly. I don't think I can watch a game with his weird ass face all over the screen
>>
>>75606193
Please, you've watched Rondo for like a decade.
>>
>>75602777
Great post, greater digits

>this guy sincerely ran for the leadership of a major Canadian political party a la Trump and dropped out before voting day to endorse a French libertarian
>>
>>75604750
>>75604812
>>75605391
What was posted?
>>
>>75607116
go to the archives you lazy faggot
>>
This thread is better discussion than /nba/ has been since like 2014
>>
are basketball threads always filled with posts by obvious niggers like this thread?
>>
anyone hear a leaf rustling around the ground?
>>
>>75589817
explain the correlation, cos 3 more years they'd realise he was shit?
>>
>>75608126
Yeah senpai its lit lol
>>
nigga a bust
>>
>>75608126
YEET
>>
>>75580623
>anyone who disagrees me is a shill even though there is nothing to shill for or even a benefit from said shillling

Wow stop posting anytime
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.