[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>brady >lebron >federer >nadal Are we living in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>brady
>lebron
>federer
>nadal

Are we living in the era where no one will ever get old and retire if they have enough money?
>>
no

Brady plays a position which values intellect and leadership over athleticism

Tennis is an individual sport so no one can "cut" you if you get too old. Federer and Nadal aren't nearly what they used to be but still can get hot and win a major.

Lebron is only like 32 which is old sure but a lot of basketball players have excelled at that age.
>>
>>75530741
/thread
>>
>brady's age: 39
>lebron's age: 32
>federer's age: 35
>nadal's age: 30

None of them are really that old, and even in brady's case where the average age is very young, he's not a super mobile quarterback and is really good at taking hits and going down cleanly. Most QBs get injured when their knee gets twisted, or they put out their hand, or get caught in the head. For instance, this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9IpsK-x-W8 brady does what you're supposed to do when you get hit, take the weight off your lights, compact your body and take it mostly on the core of your body as flat as possible. it knocks the wind out of you, but you dont really get seriously injured
>>
>>75530840
>takes the weight of your lights
I meant legs, I just woke up and am still not thinking at 100%
>>
>>75530741
This
>>
File: 1453053191223.png (406KB, 1180x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453053191223.png
406KB, 1180x450px
>yfw the goats of 2008 are still goat almost 10 years later
>>
>>75530840
most tennis players are done when they reach 30 and some rookies are 17, Fed could literally be their daddy in more that one way
>>
Advances in sport medicine has a lot to do with it. We're just better at preserving a body for minimal loss of strength, mobility etc
>>
>>75530741
i'd say in basketball Lebrons reaching the age where he might not be as physically dominant as he used to but he has insane game IQ and is now at the perfect balance of both
>>
>>75530840
>Takes the wind out of you
Man I know it's minor af but when it actually happens to you, you legit feel like you're gonna die
>>
>>75533072
oh I know, I never played football, but played lots of hockey and lacrosse, I've had the wind knocked out me lots and it feels like you're going to die for 30 seconds. But after that you're fine.

I've also torn my MCL in one knee, ACL in the other, dislocated both shoulders and tore the rotator cuff/a tendon in my left shoulder, and had 3 known concussions, probably more minor ones. All of those could have been avoided if I just squared up and took the hit rather than try to avoid it (although in lacrosse rolling out of hits was viable a lot of the time). I mean, its easier said than done if you're trying to beat someone and don't have a pass available, but I'll take getting the wind knocked out of me over those other injuries any day
>>
>>75530671
>Comparing football to actual sports that require skill
He could play football until he is 60. All he fucking does is throw a ball to people who run in straight lines and the occasional diagonal
>>
>>75532978
You mean advances in PEDs
>>
>>75534830
Wrong. He can get tackled and get a career ending injury any minute
>>
>>75534863
That too yes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.