[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Man Utd must pay another €10m to Monaco for Martial after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 19

File: frenchinflation.png (405KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
frenchinflation.png
405KB, 640x400px
>Man Utd must pay another €10m to Monaco for Martial after 25th goal
>Martial joined Man Utd from Monaco in 2015 for an initial €50m which could eventually rise to close to €90m due to several add-ons included in the deal.

Are they just the worst at negotiating transfers? I mean, I can understand Pogba being ridiculously expensive given that he had proven to be a beast in Juventus and has potential to grow. But what the fuck were they thinking with Martial? NINETY (90) MILLION EUROSHEKELS for someone who had achieved literally nothing? Someone explain.
>>
Here is the source btw

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/man-utd-must-pay-another-10m-to-monaco-for-martial-after-25th-goal/1kdqgvqm4h8rr1vqwnxv6zgepv
>>
>>75466773
They have always been shit
>Bebe
>Zaha
>Djemba Djemba

Anderson cost 26 MILLION
>>
>>75467011
They definitely payed way too much for Anderson, but at least he ended up scoring a penalty in shootout during the CL final when Man Utd beat Chelsea. Martial will achieve nothing in a United shirt and his price tag will be among the highest of all time.
>>
File: smugmanutdpepe.jpg (29KB, 376x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugmanutdpepe.jpg
29KB, 376x400px
>>75466773
Money means less when you make so much. Stop crying leaf.
>>
>>75472260
>Thinking leafs know anything about inflation
>>
>>75472314
How mad were you when potatoes cost 20 pounds each at one point?
>>
>>75466773

Because they got this moran running the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZqTKzS2aI
>>
>implying it's not the perfect way to launder money
They can just make up a number, then like magic €90M just pops into your wallet over the course of 4 years or so and yhe worst anyone can say about it is that the player was a "bust."
>>
There has been a shitload of (hidden) inflation since the 2008 financial crisis due to the low interest rates. 75 million for Zidane is not comparable to 90 million today even when adjusting for "inflation".
>>
>>75467209
Well by necessity in order for that number to reach 90M, he'll have had to have achieved something.
>>
Football has blown up commercially over the last 15 years.

At the time of Zidane's transfer, top clubs' annual revenue was in the 150-200m range. Nowadays, Barcelona, Madrid and United all exceed the 600m mark. Transfer spending is lower than in the late 90s when accounting for how much money the clubs make today
>>
britbong clubs have no clue how to assemble a proper football team. They behave like a 13yo FM player on the market
>>
File: 0760 - iTJqBcf.jpg (8KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
0760 - iTJqBcf.jpg
8KB, 249x202px
>i can understand pogba being 120 million
>>
Reminder that Pogba was £89m and Juventus paid the agent fees of £24m
>>
>>75476406

*tips fedora*
*sells best players to bayern*
>>
>>75476416

*loses to iceland*
>>
>>75476430

>not encouraging fledgling sporting nations by allowing them the sweet taste of victory
>>
>>75476440
yea come back when your nation is not the laughing stock of the football world

protip: buyng pace niggers from all over the world is not gonna solve it
>>
>>75476448

Careful with that national pride Germany, we might have to pop over again.
>>
>>75476406
Lol you can't say that when buyern is in your league
>>
>>75476448
How many world wars have you won? Oh right none
>>
>>75476498
got him
>>
>>75476498
we shouldn't have to resort to this. It's like taking the ball home during a kickabout
>>
>>75466773
Ed Woodward under LVG was one of the biggest idiots in the history of trading. Mouyes literally had to teach him how to sell players, otherwise Schneiderlin and Memphis would have left for about £3m combined
>>
>>75476440
gib
>>
>>75476498
saved to my banter folder
>>
>>75476484
Buyern is one of the best managed clubs in the world you idiot
>>
>>75466773
It's absolutely pathetic at how bad English clubs are at spending money.

With the amount of money they have there should've been at least 3 superclubs who are ATLEAST on the level of Atletico but there isn't even 1 who is close.

It really is a shame, and I'm genuine, that Englsih clubs suck so hard at transfers becaue if they were good at it it would've been some superleague were the entire top 6 is Real Madrid tier but because they are unable to spend it isn't.

Like, imagine paying 15 million for Jeff Schlupp and Patrick van Aanholt lmafuckingo. Or 30 million for the walking header that is Benteke. Or actually obliging to Feghouli's wage demands.Or spending 11 million on Nkoudou and 30 million on Sissoko lmao
>>
>>75477092
>muh money

Just means you get overcharged for memes. The Dutch league is one of the biggest sources of those memes.

Also Barca and Madrid have just as much financial clout
>>
>>75477145
Not really. Real payed 3 million for Asensio for example.

Just this season Barca paid 25 million for Umtiti, that is half of what Johnny pebbles costed and half of what Mangala costed.

It's just that the English teams have straight up terrible scouting networks. Yes, there is a PL tax (which is only there because English teams waste money like crazy), but it isn't that high at all.
>>
>>75472314
Have you seen what happened to our currency?
>>
>>75477191
Anyone can cherrypick examples. How much did Barca pay for Alcacer and Andre Gomes? 60m?

You have to spend money to find the non-memes. Look at PSG, still haven't even got past the QF.
>>
>he rates zidane
>>
>>75476396
Yeah "something" like scoring 25 goals by 2019, which he just did, or getting 25 apps for the French national team (which he probably will do). These are hardly impressive feats. All he had to do was average a measly 7 goals and appearances for the national team per season.

The only reasonable clause which would require real success out of Martial is the one that gets triggered if he is nominated for the Ballon D'Or. Should he appear on that list of twenty-something players, Man Utd have to pay Monaco another 10 million Euros. Should he turn out to be a world class player, which is what I assume Man Utd were paying such a huge sum initially for, they have to pay even more. This begs one to wonder why the initial price was so damn high. It would have made much more sense for them to pay less initially but add on more if the player turned out actually being a success.

>>75477265

Daily reminder that Real Madrid turned a profit with their transfers this season and remains the best in the world. With the money that English clubs are spending, they should have better results. They are one step above the Chinese league, honestly.
>>
>>75477401
>Real Madrid turned a profit with their transfers this season
doesn't mean shit desu considering they were expecting a transfer ban and spent like retards the previous windows
>>
>>75477442
English clubs spend like retards every year and can't even compete in the same tournament as Real Madrid.
>>
>>75477265
The difference is that Real and Barcelona spend a lot and consistently field world class teams while Premier League teams spend even more only to get embarrassed in Europe year after year
>>
>>75477191
>Just this season Barca paid 25 million for Umtiti, that is half of what Johnny pebbles costed and half of what Mangala costed.
Good thing Umtiti is goat then.
>>75477265
>You have to spend money to find the non-memes
Lolno.
>13M for Vidal
>0 (ZERO) for Pogba
>10M for Tevez
>20M for Morata
>500k for Barzagli
>20M for Mandzukic
>0 (ZERO) for Khedira
>26M for Alex Sandro
>Cuadrado on loan
>>
It's not about being a bad negotiator, other clubs know how rich ManU (and other english clubs) are, so they inflate the sums.
Prestigious clubs all over Europe were interested in Martial and most of them would have gotten him much cheaper.
>>
File: le cunning football director3.jpg (40KB, 620x430px) Image search: [Google]
le cunning football director3.jpg
40KB, 620x430px
>>75478103
Bonucci for €15.5 million as well, and €32 million Dybala is worth 4 times as much a year and half later.
>>
They bought him for £36m not £42m and his fee goes up to £58m if he does all the shit like win the ballon door not £66m
It was actually a pretty good deal if he actually fulfils his potential
>>
>>75478103

But Juve have achieved fuck all with that
>>
>>75467209
He scored the winner in the FA Cup semi-final last year.
>>
What's wrong with spending money when the top English clubs are richer than their European counterparts?
>>
>>75467011
>you now remember Anderson
>who's going to play in Brazil's second division this season
>>
>>75467209

>Payed

Also Anderson was a really exciting signing at the time.
>>
>>75466773

The initial transfer fee of 50mill was retarded I agree but putting in clauses for the rest was a good move. I'd love us to sign more youngsters with clauses like these because if they end up being shit we don't have to pay them and if they end up hitting them then we're happy to pay them as that means they were worth it.
>>
File: le clueless transfer man3.jpg (65KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
le clueless transfer man3.jpg
65KB, 898x701px
>>75479595
Besides going from the ruins of post-calciopoli team that finished 7th twice in a row and got knocked out of fucking EL by fucking Fulham to one of the best teams in Europe? While having almost POSITIVE net transfer balance?
>>
>>75466773
>Someone explain.
They're a rich enough club that it literally does not matter. Whether people have a problem with that or not is entirely their issue.
>>
File: manure customers15.jpg (889KB, 1966x1310px) Image search: [Google]
manure customers15.jpg
889KB, 1966x1310px
>>75479638
>us
What position do you play, Tariq?
>>
>>75479677
WHAT THE FUCK
OUTLAWS?
>>
>>75479664
>>75479611
The problem is not % of Manure's revenue that goes to waste, there are armies of fanboying Zhengs and Allis more than willing to sustain them financially. Point is that the same money could have been invested on good reinforcements that would help them perform. For one Pogba + one Martial, there could have been half a top 4 quality team assembled with good scouting effort.
>>
Thread went to shit fairly suddenly
>>
>>75479725
Could have been, but wasn't. As I say, entirely on you if you have a problem with how a club you don't support spends it's cash
>>
>>75479595
More than United have done in that time
>>
File: pl money table.png (39KB, 568x423px) Image search: [Google]
pl money table.png
39KB, 568x423px
Seriously, what the fuck have Manure been spending money on lately? Mata for €46 million could be a key player perhaps (if it weren't for clueless >mouyes in charge who sold him from Chelsea in the first place) but besides that it's all either ridiculously overpriced mediocrity or simply trash. Often enough, a ridiculously overpriced trash *dabs*
>>
File: 2686173-eric-djemba-djemba.jpg (137KB, 1240x825px) Image search: [Google]
2686173-eric-djemba-djemba.jpg
137KB, 1240x825px
>>75467011
>Djemba Djemba

Man I never thought i'd see him mentioned here. Glad he flopped in ManU so he could end up here
>>
File: 1477419002316.png (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477419002316.png
42KB, 800x600px
>>75479760
Manure being retarded with their money is the topic of this thread though, isn't it. At this point they can be considered the least ambitious money club there is, if you're a mercenary and sign for Chelsea, City or PSG you know you'll have to challenge for the title as the minimum. Manure offer even higher wages and they'll be okay with half-assed efforts and 5th place.
I'd sign for Manure as my first choice if I were a Bailly-tier player, no doubt about that.
>>
>>75479684

On the right, like I am in your pic m8.
>>
>>75479815

Herrera and Bailly are pretty good. The rest i'd agree on though.
>>
>>75480000
Quads don't lie
>>75480017
Herrera is pretty solid admittedly, but there have been better midfielders who went for less than €36 million before and since then. Probably the least horrible purchase on Manure's part recently though. Bailly is mediocrity personified, nothing more.
>>
>>75466773

That comparison is retarded.

Zidane today would cost 150 million.
>>
>>75479595
>almost six Scudetti
>almost 3 Coppe Italia
>almost 2 Champions Leagues
>fuck all
Brits shouldn't be allowed to play football.
>>
>>75480802
>almost
WOW!
>>
>>75480816
Do you not understand how business works?
Do you not understand only 1 (ONE) team in all Europe can win the Champions League?
Do you not understand the revenue difference there was between Juventus and Barca in 2015? Or Real Madrid, for what it matters?

We're about to win the sixth scudetto in a raw, which is an amazing record if you didn't notice, and we're in the CL semis playing the best football in the league.

Now please tell me what seems so bad for you about Juve's management, because right now you simply seem like a clueless imbecile. I'm waiting.
>>
>>75466773
With inflation accounted for Zidane cost 188 million Euros. I think that's comparably a very fair price for Pogba when put into that perspective.
>>
>>75466773
Herrera cost about 60 million. He had a buy out clause of 36 million Euros but Bilbao are so fucking hardcore that they forced him to follow the rules all the way and made him pay it instead of Manchester United. That means that unless Herrera had 36+ 18% lying around he had to receive money from MU which was taxed over 20% so he could make the deposit himself.
>>
>>75480802

>who cares
>literally who cares
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>almost

Top cuck. Fuck its like praising Celtic for winning the last 50 scottish league and cups.
>>
File: bournemouth.png (80KB, 1026x811px) Image search: [Google]
bournemouth.png
80KB, 1026x811px
>>75477092
My thoughts exactly. Clubs everywhere build stronger squads than most EPL sides with shoestring budgets in comparison. Sevilla, Fiorentina, Atalanta (4th in Serie A), Udinese (remember when they were constant top 6 until the Pozzis sold their 'great' players and moved their 'good' players from Udinese to Watford?) Villarreal, Hoffenheim, even Red Bull Leipzig's global scouting network... these clubs' scouting, transfer policy and scouting put any english team to shame, even the more sensible ones like Tottenspuds and Southampton. Even the top 12 clubs here, debt-ridden as they are, still put together better and more reasonable squads than some of the PL moneywasters.

And the absolute WORST OFFENDER is Eddie Howe (of course it's a british manager) and his Bournemouth. Look at this SHIT (pic related). 41m yuros spent and NONE of the faggots are even starters! And Jack Wheelchair not only proved to be back to mediocrity (despite Arsenal fans' delusion that he will somehow morph into Thiago), but he's also injured again!

Imagine paying 18m yuros for JORDON IBE on a one-trick pony who never scored, never assisted, dribbles into cul-de-sacs with his head down every time and can't pass for shit because MUH POTENTIAL, muh "liverpool pedigree", muh "PL proven" and overall english media hype. Fuck me, Nice paid 5m for Wylan Cyprien, Werder paid 7m for Gnabry, and let's not get started on free transfers.

West Ham is a very close 2nd though. Horrible all-around.
>>
>>75482128
What an enducated turd. >>75480933

Not only you don't understand the basics of business but you're also plagued with a customer mentality.
>>
>>75479631
Nobody ever rated him here.

Stop falling for portuguese league memes.
>>
Footieball moves a lot more money than it did back then. A LOT.
>>
>>75479846
He plays in the Swiss amateur leagues now.
>>
>>75466773
comparing modern transfer amounts to old ones doesn't mean anything anymore especially since the chinks completely fucked the market's shit up with their joke overspending. The average going rate for a midtable EPL paceshitter will be 90 million by next summer.
>>
>>75482287

>Supporting your teams finaces

How very noble of yourself. I hope you come to realize that this impressive serie a run will amount to nothing because its in an era of weakness in the serie a.
No one cared when inter won 5 in a row and no one will care that juve are about to win 6 in a row as it'll just be because every other team was average
>>
>>75482317

>Not forgetting the hype around the portugese league after ronaldo became the GOAT
>>
>>75482565
Napoli and Roma are strong, retard. Scoring in Serie A is the equivalent of scoring 2 goals in every single other major league.
Why do you think Juventus conceded only 2 goals in CL until now?

It's baffling how there are still people delusional that deny obvious truths like these.
>>
>>75476415
no, manur paid the agent fee, and they are still paying add on's on top of that.
>>
>>75476232
Btw mourinho Didn't buy him
>>
>>75482650

No one respects the Italian league. Even Ligue 1 overtook it a while ago
>>
>>75482860
yeah that's why UEFA had to change the rules so they wouldn't take your CL spot right?
>>
>>75482860
It's so shit our managers are dominating every ither league.
If anything it's the "premier" league that's embarrassing, the only tactic they knew before Conte was to run forward.
>>
>>75482860

pretty much every player who played in both leagues said it easier to score in slapstick eplel

your league and country are the laughing stock of football world
>>
File: 1418775489590.jpg (62KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1418775489590.jpg
62KB, 325x325px
>>75482860
English teams sure are showing how it's done in CL this year
>>
>>75482954

Italian managers are good, the italian league is not

>>75482922
>>75482973

Bet neither of you have watched a serie a match in the past 5 years. I watched Juve vs Genoa a couple of days ago and it was one of the biggest jokes i've seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6HhKxu0F_s
They weren't even trying
>>
>>75482650
>Scoring in Serie A is the equivalent of scoring 2 goals in every single other major league.
Then why do Roma and Napoli ship a boatload of goals every time they get to the CL?

Juventus is really good and Juventus defence is really good, the rest of the league is dogshit.
>>
>>75483037
actually I almost exclusively watch Serie A and EPL and my loser team's Bundesliga matches (freiburg). EPL makes me constantly wonder what the fuck am I watching. It is as if the players never learnt the basics of football, managers think that everything is solved with more pace and fans think financial power is more relevant than being competitive
>>
>>75483037
>4:0
Only one more goal than against Barcelona, I don't see what's the problem
>>
>>75482954
When's the last time an English manager won their league? 1950s?
>>
>>75482973
You seem to be seething
>>
>>75483037
I stopped watching Serie A about three years ago. I stopped watching EPLEL about 8 years ago. Out of every league I've watched premier was the worst in terms of entertainment. I had way more fun watching Ajaccio struggle in Ligue 1 for three years as shit as Ligue 1 is.
>>
File: conte4.jpg (39KB, 620x430px) Image search: [Google]
conte4.jpg
39KB, 620x430px
>>75483089
And that's exactly why a manager like Conte walks in and immediately wins the E""P"""L with a squad that finished 10th previous year. And now everyone is copying his tactics there too
>>
>>75476498
kind of tough when there was no unified Germany as we understand it in the world wars prior to the Great War

for instance, Prussia/Hesse/Brunswick/Hanover were on the winning side of the 7 Year's War; but the HRE (Saxony, Bavaria, also Austria) lost

the Napoleonic Wars was also a mishmash of different German states fighting for both sides

>B-B-B-BUT THOSE AREN'T WORLD WARS CAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE WORLD WAR IN THE NAME

both are more worldly in scope than the Great War
>>
>>75483123

why would I? My country is the reigning world champion. Your country went out against Iceland
>>
>>75483089
It did sort of work. Their golden period 2000's, was basically because their players had a major athletic edge over the rest of Europe. Now that everybody caught up, they're back to being jokes and need foreign coaches.
>>
>>75483089

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/serie-a/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/IT1]

So then why don't you mention the fact that you see empty stadiums basically every week? Not even italians give a single fuck about serie a
Also if you want some damnign facts about juve customers here it is
http://www.stadiapostcards.com/B06-07.htm
>Avg. Attendece: 16k
Fucking disgraceful
>>
>>75483019
Wow you're right. Leicester making it into the top 8 in Europe sure shows how much of a joke the PL is
>>
>>75483123
Kind of doesn't matter when that country is Germany though. I'll take being the laughing stock of football, thanks.
>>
>>75483152

Just to put that juve stat into perspective, Newcastle who got relegated last season have an average attendence of 51k

http://www.nufc.com/2016-17html/homeatt.html
>>
>>75483185
For: >>75483146
>>
>>75466773
B-BUT CHELSEA AND CITY ARE PLASTIC CLUBS, ALL THEY DO IS THROW MONEY AT PLAYERS, R-RIGHT LADS?
>>
>>75483161
Lester actually winning the EPL previous year showed how "difficult" the league is. Beating Sevilla is kind of impressive, but Sevilla have no place being in latter stages of CL. They're EL material, and would have won it if they were smart enough not to push out of their CL group.
>>
>>75483213

>Current year
>Not knowing the meaning of plastic club

What where united gonna do with all that money once fergie left?
>>
>>75478103
>Johnny Squares is considered good in Italy
>>
>>75478103
Too bad they spent all that money on Higuain
>>
>>75483129
Fuck you know Canuck
>>
>>75483152
That's still 70% capacity of the stadium they played at, and considering it was a shameful season in Serie B it's only understandable. Now they're almost at like 95% at a larger stadium. You can't blame Memelan or Intercuck fans nowadays for ignoring their respective matches, they play awful football at a stadium that's falling apart.
>>
>>75483037
Juventus is just that strong.

The only thing the Italian league lacks right now are more top players, the league itself is as good as always.
>>75483064
>Then why do Roma and Napoli ship a boatload of goals every time they get to the CL?
Because of the pressure of the environment. That's another thing Serie A has always been very different at from all the other leagues. The pressure is immense in some cities like Napoli, Rome and Florence. Maybe even Milan in the last years.
That's why all their teams shit the bed when it matters the most. Not only in CL, in Serie A as well, look at Roma 2 weeks ago against Atalanta. Sure, Atalanta is good but Roma has had the ambition to win the title in the last 2 years and they still lose when it matters the most.

It's all in the mind
>>
>>75483241
Higuain won them the league, and got them in cup final. That was exactly his purpose and he´s done it, instead of being stressed about Serie A they can fully concentrate on CL and you see how the mental focus is working out. 2 (two) goals conceded
>>
>>75483225
You're forgetting that they should probably be in the semi-finals if not for refereeing 'mistakes'. Sevilla are CL material, easily. That's why they dominated Europa league and why they went so far in the CL this year. They were in a group containing Juve and Lyon ffs
>>
>>75466773
>inflation
>richest club on the planet
>desperate for success
>to reach all max price, Martial needs to check conditions like winning ballon d'or, making it pretty reasonable

>>75483129
Those aren't world wars because they were relatively local, though to be fair the first world war doesn't deserve the name either.
>>
>>75483152
>Not even italians give a single fuck about serie a
Yeah, we have the stadii problem, they're all shit. Can you blame them for preferring to watch the game at home on tv?

From what I know the Juve Stadium is almost always full.
>>75483239
Who?
>>75483241
Your point?
>>
>>75483339
>>to reach all max price, Martial needs to check conditions like winning ballon d'or, making it pretty reasonable
No, he has to make the 23 man short list, not win the award. The conditions are pretty much gimmes and it's simply a form of delayed payment.
>>
File: juve glory hunters.jpg (59KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
juve glory hunters.jpg
59KB, 680x382px
>>75483318

Maybe Napoli and Roma are just shit full stop

>>75483294

>70% capacity
>A team like Newcastle can get >90% attendece when they get relegated
>A team like fucking leeds can manage >70% attendence in a bigger stadium

Its funny that you call United fans customers when Juve are the club with the biggest spikes in glory hunters
>>
>>75483333
Didn't watch the Lester matches, but respect where it's due it was a solid run. While it's true that qualifying from CL group is bigger achievement than winning the whole EL, they could have got more money by going to EL and compete there, they're no Atletico who can always hope for semis or final of CL. Sevilla dun goof'd, with the current competition in EL they could have easily won AGAIN.
>>
>>75483377

You know if he get nominated for the Balon D'or I think its money well spent
>>
>thinking the Italian league is good because Juve are doing well

It's the same with the Bundesliga too, literally just Bayern. No German or Italian team has done shit in Europe in the past 5 years outside of those 2 sans Dortmund's run. It's tough to take you seriously when your teams do fookin nuttin. Even City managed a semi last year. Chelsea decided they cared about the EL in 2013 and won it. Liverpool did last year and questionable refereeing decisions played a part in the final. Manure have absolutely half arsed their way to the semis this year.

The only league that can take any highround whatsoever is La Liga.
>>
>Andre Gomes
>Douglas
>Vermaelen
>Mathieu
>Digne
>Turan
>Vidal

You all talk about english teams but one can't possibly be worse than Uefalona. All this in in the last 3 seasons.
>>
>>75483402
Kek, should have known it's a seething Manure customer posting complete nonsense ITT. Maybe you should also consider the ticket prices compared to living standards in England and Italy respectively and you'll find out why Juve filled """only"""" 70% of their capacity during the Serie B year. Average curry-reeking cab driver can easily affort tickets to Newcastle or Manure match on his wage, it's a different story in Italy.
>>
>>75483402
>Maybe Napoli and Roma are just shit full stop
They're obviously not, you would know if you watched them play, they're brilliant.

Look at the Juventus Stadium attendance percentage, for fuck's sake, not the old stadium, retard.
>>75483440
>>thinking the Italian league is good because Juve are doing well
No one said that.

Napoli reached the EL semis last year, retard. Napoli did well in the CL in the last years as well. They got eliminated by a semis team, which will probably reach the final.

I see you like lying.
>>
File: sanches.jpg (43KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
sanches.jpg
43KB, 738x415px
Would rather have Martial than Sanches
>>
>>75483417
Yeah that would be the ideal scenario for the club owners. Pretty sure that everyone else at the club would trade a minimum last 16 run in CL > winning Europe again.

I take it that you didn't watch the group games vs. Lyon either then as they were EXTREMELY fortunate to not lose both fixtures.

I know that it's kind of redundant to mention lyon as they would of had swapped places with Sevilla but hey.
>>
>>75483440
Napoli would comfortably win EPL, Roma too.

Dortmund probably would end up Top 3
>>
>>75483339
>relatively local

the Seven Years' War had a substantial North American theatre, the French and Indian War, that had drastic consequences - French colonial power on the continent was eradicated (save for a few Caribbean islands) and Britain took control of Canada
The conflict over colonies also extended to the West Indies, South America, and India

The Napoleonic Wars was quite a Pan-European conflict: Iberia to Russia, Scandinavia to Italy
and again, there was a colonial dimension with fighting from the West Indies to Java
>>
Ed Woodward is perhaps the most incompetent man in the football industry
>>
File: 1309458185376.jpg (34KB, 338x277px) Image search: [Google]
1309458185376.jpg
34KB, 338x277px
>>75483532
ahahahahahhaha
>>
>>75483529
>would of
>brit
>>
>>75483478

>Ticket prices
More in England
>Living standards
Oh wow its as if everyone suddenly got richer in italy and start going to juve matches once they became good. How fortunate

>>75483501

Would say Roma would struggle for top 4 in the bundesliga, never mind the EPL
>>
>>75483501
Last year's EL semis were Liverpool vs Villareal and Shakhtar vs Sevilla. I see you like lying.

Besides the semis of the EL isn't an achievement. As I said, Manure literally played like shit and are there.
>>
>>75467209
Yeah but he was better than Kleberson.
>>
>>75483532
Here have a >(you)

Love idiots that mix football culture and leagues and state that this or that team could comfortably win X league.

Shows that you don't really know much about football
>>
>>75483573
>Would say Roma would struggle for top 4 in the bundesliga, never mind the EPL
You never saw them play, have you?
>>75483591
Two years ago, then. Same thing.
>>75483591
>Besides the semis of the EL isn't an achievement
First I simply responded to the guy, second it is an accomplishment.

As I said before your mentality is shit, you seem to believe that if a team doesn't win the CL every year they're shit.
>>
>>75483501
>EL semis last year
A team from France and Netherlands managed it this year.

>They got eliminated by a semis team
Like PSG or PSV?

All the leagues sans La Liga are pretty shit when it comes to quality.

>>75483536
>Seven Years' War
Was still very Western powers centric + colonies, although I guess it mostly qualifies and could count as WW1 when the first world war did.

>Napoleonic Wars
Even more eurocentric and rather similar to some Roman conquests or even Alexanders expeditions.

>>75483539
Why did ManU become the richest club under him then, despite lack of CL or successes on the field?
>>
>>75483532
The same Dortmund who were knocked out by 7th placed Liverpool last year when all Dortmund's efforts were concentrated on it because 2nd in the Bundesliga was a formality. The same Dortmund humiliated home and away against Monaco when City beat them 5-3. You can keep championing these meme teams all you like but their results don't back it up. German teams in particular have a terrible record against PL teams this last 5 years, save for the one team worth shit and even then it's really not great.
>>
>>75483638
>Like PSG or PSV?
By Real Madrid.

Napoli was in the EL semis 2 years ago, yeah.
>>
>>75483618

Kleberson won a WC though and was a starter for some of the matches so he's probably had a better career

>>75483636

I did watch them vs Lyon, their defense is a shambles
>>
>>75483667
>I did watch them vs Lyon,
>pre season
What did he mean with this?

Seriously, watch how they played this season.
>>
>>75483644

Remember when Moyes United absoluetly fucking destroyed >Neverkusan and almost knocked Bayern out
>>
>>75483573
>more in England
Well done Sherlock, except I was about talking ticket prices relative to wages. Unemployed paki (typical Old Trafford regular) still gets more money to spend than lower employed class in Italy, it's no rocket sience to figure out.
>everyone suddenly got richer
No, but if your budget is as tight as that of average Italian football fan you'll think twice before spending it virtually meaningless Serie B game that Juve won before it even started. No doubts there are plenty of fans from all parts of Italy and tourists as well at Juventus Stadium at their sold-out matches now, but it's a completely different world compared to Old Toilet where you have entire stands filled with Korean customers taking photos of each other instead of watching the game.
>>
>>75483565
I'm a chav. Want to fight about it?
>>
>>75483677

>Doesn't even know anything about his own league
>Thinks he can talk about me not having watched them

Exposed desu lad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39173993
>>
>>75466773
LVG and Moyes were not experienced in transfers.

Now that they have Mourinho, their transfer business improved a lot. Bailly is a pretty good centreback, Mkhitaryan is pretty good, Pogba (memes aside) is a very good player that many teams wanted, Ibra is Ibra.
>>
File: A78.jpg (12KB, 254x254px) Image search: [Google]
A78.jpg
12KB, 254x254px
>>75476498
>same lame excuse because of not having football arguments
just like americucks, sad!
>>
>>75483682

The north of england isnt exactly the richest area but when teams like leeds and newcastle can have avg attendances higher than Juve one of the most famous teams in Europe, in bigger stadiums then its a disgrace, no two ways around it.
I also want to point out that the wages in italy didn't actually fall in 2006/07
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/italy/wages
>>
>>75483691
>cites bbc as "source"
What are you trying to prove?
>>75483736
Why are you voluntarily ignoring the existence of the J Stadium and that it was inaugurated only in 2011?
>>
>>75483759

>Cites BBCs report of a match that actually happened as a source

Sorry about that
I'm not it had a 21k capacity and they couldn't even fill it. Relegation is a shit excuse, you follow your team bad or not as shown by attendences of teams getting relegated in Germany and England not falling that much.
>>
>>75483787
I've already said that was a pre season game.

Oh, I see, now you've decided to voluntarily ignore the state of Italian stadii.
>>
Serie A fags getting

B
T
F
O
>>
Here's a whole article on Juve fans being shit

http://bianconeri.tripod.com/fans2.html
>>
This Slovak customer who thinks he's not a bandwagoner has reached a new low ITT. Stick to posting Pogba stats lad, anything else is just a bit embarrassing.
>>
>Pre season
>Was played 1 month ago

Am I being memed? And bad stadiums aren't a good excuse for falling attendances
>>
ITT: Brits defending their """Premier""" League in spite of having no elite teams in Europe.

Not one player from the English League's top 6 would get into Bayern, Juve, Madrid or Barcelona. Not one.
>>
>>75483736
Really easy to compare it to UK then
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/wages
Kebab-munching Tariq on social benefits doesn't have to think twice about going to Championship matches, FIAT-assembling Luigi can't waste the money on pointless Serie B matches where Juve shouldn't have been in the first place
>>
>>75483854
Technically, everything after match day 1 is pre-season for Italian teams because they're already out of the title race
>>
>>75483897
SAVAGE
>>
>>75483872
Hazard would walk into any of these teams, same with Pogba and De Gay (sans Buyern for David of course).
>>
>>75483882
Yeah, Italians are too busy working with their 13% unemployment rate compared to the UK's 5%
>>
>>75483882

>Avg wage in Italy 2006: 25,721
>Avg Wage in UK 2006: 27,997

And considering how Turin is a ruch city in italy and the UKs wages are inflated by london its literally not an argument
>>
>>75483854
What?
It was CL preliminars.
>>
>>75483931

Peak/early season Kante is seriously impressive. If he was used in rotation then he would be a literal goat
>>
>>75483882
Living cost in UK is higher too, specially housing is crazy.

>>75483965
Also this.

>>75483949
To be fair, the statistic tends to be bullshited for both.
>>
>>75483931

Hazard wouldn't get a look in over BBC or MSN. He's not going to start over either Ribery or Robben if both are fit. Probably for Juve yeah.

Lol poobag.

De Gay walks into Barcelona maybe. He's on par with Navas at this point and Buffon and Neur are the two best in the world.
>>
>>75483973

Roma got destroyed by Porto not Lyon in the CL prelims
>>
>>75483872
>Not one player from the English League's top 6 would get into Bayern, Juve, Madrid or Barcelona. Not one.

Let's see.

United: De Gea, Pogba
Liverpool: Coutinho
Arsenal: Bellerin, Sanchez
Chelsea: Kante, Hazard
City: Jesus, De Bruyne
Totten: Eriksen, Alli
>>
>>75484010
>Hazard wouldn't get a look in over BBC or MSN. He's not going to start over either Ribery or Robben if both are fit. Probably for Juve yeah.
It is no secret that Real Madrid wants to buy Hazard.

>Lol poobag.
He was a starter at Juve and both Real and Barcelona wanted to buy him.

>De Gay walks into Barcelona maybe. He's on par with Navas at this point and Buffon and Neur are the two best in the world.

Fifa player?
Real wants to buy De Gea
>>
>>75484010
>cringy acronyms
>lack of football knowledge
>the stench of sharted undercrackers

Yep, it's an American post
>>
>>75483991
He doesn't look that impressive for France and since we haven't seen him in CL, I'd wait before rating him.

>>75484010
>Hazard wouldn't get a look in over BBC or MSN
Bale is a meme, shouldn't be that hard. Also Zidane himself was talking how he wants him. Ribery/Robben are aging and specially Ribery didn't perform that well for a good while

>Lol poobag.
Literally every big club was begging him to sign for them.

>He's on par with Navas at this point
One mediocre season doesn't suddenly mean he isn't one of the best. Madrid wanted to sign him for a reason. Buffon is probably on his last season.
>>
>>75466773
It was a deadline day transfer, obviously gonna be more expensive

The full 90 mil will only be paid if he wins the Ballon D'Or, and I doubt that's gonna happen

Not to forget the Zidane transfer happened in 2001, a world away from the market prices in 2015
>>
>>75484019
I would only want Sanchez, Kante and Hazard at Juve, the rest is not worthy.
>>
>>75484019
Dumb Hue
>Coutinho >good
>Bellerin being good enough
>Navas being able to do anything besides being a pace gypsy
>Sanchez is a Barcelona reject
>All the teams I've mentioned have goalies on par with De Gay anyway
>Kante would most likely be a rotation option
>Those 4 teams have better 10s than Eriksen and The Brown
>Barring Juve, thy have better wingers than Hazard

>>75484043
>he was a starter at Juve

And now they've replaced him with Pjanic, who seems to be doing just as well.

>Real wants to buy De Gea

Beacuse he's Spanish.
>>
>>75484062

>Lack of football knowledge

for all you know I might be a bong in disguise la
>>
>>75484136
Other than Kante, Jesus and De Bruyne all of the players I mentioned are desired by at least one of the clubs you mentioned.
>>
>>75484136
>>Barring Juve, thy have better wingers than Hazard
Depends. Hazard can't defend as good as Cuadrado and Mandzukic.
>>
>>75484225

Hazard plays more as an attacking midfielder than a winger now so I think it wuld be wheter you want Dybala or Hazard.
>>
>>75484202

"Desired" doesn't mean "better than" retard. You and the German guy might factor in age and injury records and so on, but purely based on ability the premier league players you listed aren't any better than anybody on those 4 teams.
>>
>>75484264
If team A desires player X, obviously he's more likely than not better than their current options.
>>
>>75484254
Is that even a question? Dybala allday erryday.
>>
>>75484288

You don't buy every player to start him.
>>
>>75484400
We're talking about very expensive ones, so you'd have to be pretty silly to spend over 50m for a player not to play him most of the time.
>>
>>75484307

wll thats a more accurate comparision sicne they basically occupy the same position, hazard has been far better than Dybala though
>>
>>75484465
How many goals did Hazard score against Barca in CL this season again?
Nothing can stop Dybalamask.
>>
>>75484519
How many goals did Dybala score against Man City?
>>
>>75484465
'azard is a typical gucci loving lelgian that folds under the slightest pressure. not suited for a team like juventus. should stay in baby league
>>
>>75484548
Man City didn't even play against Juve, m9. It's not like it's particularly hard to score against City considering how many goals Monaco scored.
>>
>>75484613
And Chelsea didn't even play against Barca this season.
>>
>>75484548

>Man City
>important

Dybala plays for a team with European pedigree and scored against one of the best teams in the world. Dybala probably hasn't scored against a lot of shit Serie A teams either.
>>
>>75484625
Yeah but that's their fault, isn't it? As it's City's fault for not being in the semis against Juve, not Dybala's.
>>
>>75484634
Dybala has 9 (nine) Serie A goals (3 were penalties) and 7 (seven) assists lmao
>>
>>75484663

I don't want to take away from Dybala since that performance was impressie as fuck but here's barcas away record in the cl this season
>Gladbach 1-2 Barca
>City 3-1 Barca
>Celtic 0-2 Barca
>PSG 4-0 Braca
>Juve 3-0 Barca
If you look past that the CL Hazard has been the PLs POTY this season while Dybala is quite average in Serie A
>>
File: dybi azza grease.png (127KB, 658x855px) Image search: [Google]
dybi azza grease.png
127KB, 658x855px
>>75484780
>>75484693
Hazard has an excellent season and he's performing better right now, no doubt about that. But the difference isn't as huge as you might believe, and Dybi had quite a bad injury that sidelined him for 6 or so weeks in autumn.
Considering that Dybala is younger, I'd rather have him. Better yet, have him along with Hazard hehe
>>
>>75484780
>while Dybala is quite average in Serie A
Uh, I'm sorry?

You don't seem to understand that Dybala is a striker that's playing as a trequartista.
>>
File: dybala mask2.jpg (34KB, 930x525px) Image search: [Google]
dybala mask2.jpg
34KB, 930x525px
>>75484519
Based
>>
thank you based slovak
>>
>>75484998

Hazard isn't a striker either

>trequartista
>>
>>75485040
>Hazard isn't a striker either
That's the point?
>>trequartista
What's the problem?
>>
File: 1486593326935.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486593326935.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>75485039
Always vigilant, ABU brother
>>
>>75466773
Bad transfers were always matched by the absolute blatant fergie ass bantry an the decisions given for a decade, literally had one lucky influx of players.
>>
>Arguing about transfers when you're not the ones paying and just a sports fan

topkek their money they can do what they want :^)
>>
Martial isn't even bad desu. He just needs playing time and not a shit club. Hopefully he moves to a club like liverpoop or spurs
>>
>>75483429
ehhhhhhh robinho got on that list
>>
>>75483440

Bundesliga is not just Bayern. Dortmund have had more international success than any English club over the past 5 years. After they made the CL final in 2013, they were knocked out by the eventual finalists in both 2014 (Real Madrid, the winner) and 2015 (Juventus, finalist). In 2016 Dortmund did not make the CL, but Wolfsburg did and they were knocked out by the eventual winner as well (Real Madrid). This season three German clubs made it to the knock-out stage of the CL and two of these went on to the quarter-final. Bayern were unlucky to face the strongest team in the competition and Dortmund faced a Monaco team that is on a great run this season. Bayern is obviously the best German club, no doubt about that, but there are a couple of other German clubs that have left a mark in recent years.

You bring up the EL like it's any sort of achievement and at all relevant for a big club. You're talking about clubs like United, City, and Chelsea which regularly spend 100-200 million Euros per season occasionally winning a tournament where they face clubs which are in their entirety worth less than that amount. And it's hardly even convincing when they do it. That is an absolute joke. With the money English clubs spend their league should be the best in the world, without question. All I see here is you bongs praising yourselves for religiously filling up stadiums to watch your mediocre clubs play their mediocre football and in doing so fund them to spend even more on overpriced players who aren't even able to improve the state of your teams. Congratulations on being good customers and lining up the pockets of your club owners, endorsing them to continue the pathetic "sport" show they run.
>>
>>75484092
Eriksen is severely underrated, mainly because he provides more assists than goals and Kane/Alli often get the spotlight since they score. He is the best passer in the PL and the main reason the other forwards are able to look good.
>>
>>75477401

>This begs one to wonder why the initial price was so damn high. It would have made much more sense for them to pay less initially but add on more if the player turned out actually being a success.

The impression I got at the time was that United simply panicked at the conclusion of the transfer window and got bent over a barrel by Monaco in negotiations owing to the impending transfer deadline.

There were reports at the time that Monaco had been willing to sell Martial for much less earlier on in the window (for less than half as much as United eventually paid) but had built their plans around keeping him by the time the window was drawing to a close.

Then, when United made an approach, they slapped a high price tag on him because of the disruption his sale would cause to their plans. I think they didn't think a transfer would go through when they did this but when United's interest didn't waiver they were able to extract enormous value for him.

I really don't think United were in the driving seat during that transfer. Monaco just named their terms and United acquiesced out of sheer panic.
>>
>>75466773
There was also 14 years between these transfers, values change over that amount of time
>>
>>75467011
and now he's fat and playing for my team in brazil
even watched him Sunday
>>
>>75491132
The image is basically bait, but you do have to admit that even with inflation considered Martial is not worth half the real price of Zidane.
>>
>>75491182
Right now, no he isn't, but he's 21, there's a good chance he'll get better and he's very good for a 21 year old
>>
>>75491040
Maybe but when I saw him he looked overhyped to me, nothing more than average. Probably Papu Gomez is better.
>>
>>75489293

Looking back at that year the anti english bias was in overload
>6 teams raching the semis in 2006/07 and 2007/08 CL
>3 nominees in the top 10
>>
>>75476498
""""""""""""""""""banter""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>75466773
20 million if he wins the Ballon Door
Oh no we promised them money if he becomes the GOAT
>>75467011
Anderson used to be good you clueless milleniall.
>>
>>75484092
Kante offers nothing going forward. If you're playing in a one team league you need a defensive midfielder pretty good at attacking.
>>
>>75482254
>West Ham is a very close 2nd though. Horrible all-around.

I'd argue we are the worst. Spent a boatload of cash over the summer on multiple players who were all utter trash ( Tore/ Feghouli/ Nordtveit/ Calleri) and not a single one an addition to the starting 11.

Also the Zaza debacle because the owners shat the bed at the prospect of paying decent money for an actual first choice striker ( Bacca, Bats, Lacazette)* so fucked their respective clubs around with low-ball offers, bullshitting West Ham fans that they were 'trying'.

Never mind the fact we've not had a proper right-back since Lucas fucking Neill retired. And next season the tight-fisted cunts are suggesting we'll get in a shot Zabaletta, way after his legs have gone, on a 5 year deal no less ( he'll still be the best player there by a mile).

*None of these players in their right mind would have joined anyway, hence why they were targeted by the shitty owners. More 'we tried' bollocks.
>>
>>75476406
>They behave like a 13yo FM player on the market

Or as we call him in Stratford... David Sullivan.
>>
>>75491428
This was Eriksen's assist from the FA cup fixture a couple of days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9cRYtmYqRU
>>
>>75491950
>/sp/ rates this
That's Bonucci tier and he's a CB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9KHz_-h58
>>
>>75492180
bonuccis pass was good, too, but to whomever he passed wasn't nearly as closely marked. eriksen had much less room to pass into for the pass to find its target.
>>
>>75476448
>>75476430

Are you seriously that thick? I thought Germans were smart people?

Fucking hell, you, yes you alone have completely changed my view on the intelligence of Germans. Bravo you fucking idiot.

I'm in shock.
>>
>>75467011
djemba djemba was a beast in PES
>>
>>75492180
It was a good pass. The run by Ali was better. Most strikers don't even try that anymore or have the acceleration to do it.
>>
>>75492197
>>75492254
Bonucci has been making assists for ages now.
>ut to whomever he passed wasn't nearly as closely marked. eriksen had much less room to pass into for the pass to find its target.
It was a half field assist, dude.
>Most strikers don't even try that anymore or have the acceleration to do it.
Lolwut. Maybe that's true in Australia.
>>
>>75492230
oh look another episode of

>britbong dodges point and attacks flag
>>
>>75492180
B A S E D
A O
S N
E U
D C
C
I
>>
>>75492292
Once again, your intellectual capacity is beyond belief.

Please look at the flag above my comment.
>>
>>75492343
okay sorry for calling you britbong

Is o'britbong okay?
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.