[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a fucking leaf or anyone who knows a drop about NHL explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Sidney-Crosby-Stanley-Cup.jpg (736KB, 1868x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Sidney-Crosby-Stanley-Cup.jpg
736KB, 1868x1430px
Can a fucking leaf or anyone who knows a drop about NHL explain to me why Crosby isn't the GOAT of this """"sport""""?
>>
because Martin brodeur was Goat
>>
>>75414617
>diving Crybaby
>GOAT

>>75416651
This
>>
Because only teenage faggots think he is
Wish I saved all those penguins image macros from years ago with the girl waving a towel
>>
>>75416703
So he's your favorite player ?
>>
>5th in PPG regular season All-Time (first active)
>not top 25 in GPG (3rd active)
>Currently 10th in Active Points
>11th in Active Goals
>12th in Playoff PPG All-Time (1st active)
>6th in Active Assists
>5th in APG All-Time (1st right now)
Probably because of the above. Even though he's pretty universally seen as the best right now, he's yet to push far enough into all-time leaders to be a GOAT.

Not that he couldn't be, just that he isn't currently.
>>
>>75414617

Either 99 or 66 are.
>>
>>75416816
You're my MVP baby
>>
>>75416651
Delusional Jersey scum
>>
File: 13204650-e1476356599257 (1).jpg (55KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
13204650-e1476356599257 (1).jpg
55KB, 720x480px
>>75414617
He's definitely up there but not #1.

If Wayne Gretzky had never scored a goal in his entire career he would still be the all-time points leader on assists alone... That being said he also holds the record for fastest player to reach 50 goals in a season. The guy was unreal.

Some (not me) say that McDavid is currently the best player in the league.
>>
>>75416852
You forgot 68
>>
>>75416877
salty af desu senpai
>>
>>75416948
Why would I be salty when you're wrong and I'm right
>>
>>75416832
Excellent point, but older GOATS like Gretzky who averaged more points per game also played in an era where goalies had shin guards for pads and flopped around lile retards. Its a completely different game, like most sports very difficult to compare eras.
Not necessarily advocating for Croz as goat, but if you take into consideration what he's done in this era of hockey at every level he's played you could certainly make a case for him at or near the top.
>>
>>75417078
But you are not
>>
Crosby didn't get the benefit of playing in an era when goalies flopped around like fish out of water and most players could barely skate.
>>
>>75416832

He's not even 30 years old. He'll be GOAT material if he keeps at this rate and stays healthy.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a scumbag.
>>
Gretzky may have played in a shit time, but he just didn't become the best, he dominated a time period unlike anyone else, he has records on top of his records that most will be lucky to even come close to.
>>
simple

crysby is a fucking loser faggot

>he plays in a tough era when goalies dont flop around
but he did play in an era of massive powerplays, over HALF of his points from his 120 point season were powerplay points from obstruction

combine that with his general inability to stay healthy and pathetic on ice attitude
>>
>>75414617
Crosby won't be seen as the GOAT for the same reason that no pitcher after Cy Young will be considered the GOAT. Both Cy Young and Wayne Gretzky were era babies that put up numbers that won't ever be replicated in each of their respective sports, and the style of play has altered so that each will be the GOAT in their respective sports. It's interesting, because the NFL suffers from the opposite of this, and has rules constantly tightened, resulting in records being broken left and right.
>>
>>75419739
Power play rate spiked for one (1) season.
>>
>>75419808
doesnt change the fact hes a massive powerplay baby and has enjoyed all the benefits of being a diving whiner
>>
File: Gretzky.jpg (709KB, 578x873px) Image search: [Google]
Gretzky.jpg
709KB, 578x873px
>>75419908
Gretzky played during the highlighted seasons.
>>
>Only two (2) Cups

That's why.
>>
>>75420088
this is about sindey crysby, not gretzky
>>
>>75420141
It's about comparing who had the more favorable conditions.
>>
>>75420172
the spread on that chart is minimal and crysby played in several of the seasons there as well, when his glass brain was working i guess

crysby has never dominated in the fashion that gretzky or mario did
>>
>>75419488
Not to mention goalie pads have gotten significantly larger.

I'm 34 and have been watching hockey since I can remember, basically since the mid-80's. If I'm going to rank players, I'm only going to rank ones that I remember watching on a day-to-day basis, and by that measure I have to problem putting Crosby top 3 with Gretzky and Lemieux. Those three, along with Hasek in goal, are probably the only ones I'd deem "generational talents" since the 80's. McDavid is a potential gen talent.
>>
>>75416888
This. Mike Hoffman is oustanding.
>>
>>75420251
If you took today's Crosby and put him in the 80s, he'd outperform Gretzky.
>>
Not the GOAT but he's one of the best of this generation for sure and has already written his legacy in hockey history. Super Mario, Bobby, and Gretzky probably would be my top 3. I can't get mad at him anymore because he's just autistically determined. He made hockey his life and I respect that.
>>
>>75420360
Connor will be I think. This year was tremendous. Just look at what fucking edmonton was and where they sre now. Obviously its not because of lucic or depth, or talbot, McDavid is genuinely leading that team now and will for a very long time
>>
>>75420943
this. Crosby's potential was never even remotely this high and he also happens to be playing with an MVP and Art Ross winner who would be a franchise player on any other team in the league, not to mention a first overall pick at goaltender
>>
>>75420868
>not ranking Howe
>>
>>75420719
lol no
>>
I don't know huge amount about hockey history. Can someone explain what they mean when they talk about goalies flopping around during the time when Gretzky played?
>>
I'm a pretty casual hockey fan, but isn't Sid basically like LeBron in the sense that for active players, even if he doesn't have the most impressive season statistically or wins the MVP everyone knows that he's the best player in the world currently?
>>
>>75419765

Nobody thinks Cy Young is the GOAT you fucking idiot.
>>
>>75414617
it could be because other players have been better, it could also be because he gets away with nasty shit like intentionally hitting someone's crotch with his stick. also he whines nonstop and at least used to dive his ass off.
>>
File: SJJUST.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SJJUST.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>75420415
don't be stupid obviously meant Melker Karlsson
>>
>>75414617
Because hes not the great one, mr hockey, super mario, bobby orr, the rocket, etc etc
>>
>>75414617
Hes not even the greatest or 2nd greatest for the pens
>>
>>75425779
They sucked.

>>75426788
Yes.
>>
>Cindy
>goat

Pick none
>>
If Crosby wins a 3rd Cup this year you can't deny he's GOAT
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.