[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not just merge CONCACAF into CONMEBOL? It's not like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

File: thinking.jpg (23KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
23KB, 500x414px
Why not just merge CONCACAF into CONMEBOL?

It's not like it has anything of value as a confederation aside from money reasons, the organization itself is a mess. It wouldn't hurt the top south american teams any since they'd still win regardless, it would stop rewarding awful meme caribbean teams for playing among trash, and it would help the few salvageable nations get their shit together by having either more money to go around or real competition to play against, depending on which continent it is.

More money and infrastructure for CONMEBOL, more legitimacy and competition for ex-CONCACAF. Sounds like a win-win to me.
>>
>>75399854
Because all the mexispics and amerifats would get mad because they'd never ever qualify again
>>
CONCASHIT is scared
>>
>>75399911
fullhouse digits have spoken
>>
>>75399911
FPBP, don't know why an American suggested this
>>
>>75399854
Distances are fucking huge, and Mexico and the US would rather keep being lords over a bunch of nobodies than being mid-level federations in a joint confederation.
>>
>>75399911
That's a good thing though. We could both use some uncertainty in our systems to give us a sense of urgency. I know we got a whole shitlist of things we need to fix, but approaching it seriously with a sense of urgency can only be a good thing. Just kicking back and relaxing like it will all be fine even if we don't really try isn't going to get us anywhere.
>>
File: C_YM1XFefD6rNA3M.webm (3MB, 362x640px) Image search: [Google]
C_YM1XFefD6rNA3M.webm
3MB, 362x640px
>>75399854
Fuck off
>>
>>75399938
I see your 9-1 full house
>>75400000
and raise you with quint 0s
>>
>>75399911
/thread

I can see Mexico, USA and Costa Rica not qualifying to a WC if they have to contest for the spots against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Colombia, Chile, even Peru...

and imagine american media going apeshit when their NT has to play against Bolivia in La Paz or Ecuador in Quito, top kek

never gonna happen, FIFA wants those american shekels
>>
>>75400029

Missing the WC would be good for those fuckers given how they can't do anything right.
>>
>>75399984
>Distances are fucking huge
For what? NT tournaments? Those are usually held all in the same country or region, plus you'd get american infrastructure to lean on now and then for cheap setup. If you mean tournaments where they play at each other's home venues, then the shitty nations that can't afford to travel much anyways wouldn't make it that far in the competition anyways and would be weeded out before it matters. If they still can't afford to travel considering that then that's a good sign they shouldn't be given the same status within the confederation to begin with. Kick em out and let them form their own tiny one like the OFC.
>>
>>75400000
Nobody is saying it wouldn't be a good thing to improve the quality of competition.

The rest of CONMEBOL improved substantially some 30 years ago when they created this round-robin everyone-against-everyone system. Having to play Brazil and Argentina every time improved many nations.

But FIFA just won't even consider jeopardizing the US money, and the corrupt CONMEBOL crooks would never let go of their control, so it will never happen.

PS: your federation, your pay-to-play schools, college football system, draft system, salary caps and franchise-based MLS will never produce a top footballing nation either people have been trying to hype that deluded notion since the 70s
>>
>>75400060
I think you might be retarded bro..
>>
>>75400029
>I can see Mexico, USA and Costa Rica not qualifying to a WC
Not possible to have them all miss out, CONMEBOL only has 10 teams and their WC bids combined with CONCACAF's will add up to 12. At least 2 would have to make it in even if every single south american team did.
>>
>>75400060
This is football, NT football. No amount of money will make you good, other than buying referees of course like some of our neighbors here.
>>
>>75400060
I think you might be retarded bro...
>>
>>75400075
You're missing the point then buddy, the question isn't about whether or not it's likely to happen because we already all know everyone's got their heads too far up their own ass (or in brazil's case, stuffed separately up someone else's ass) to actually even consider anything of the sort.

I'm just saying it would be a good idea even if it won't happen, which makes it frustrating.
>>
there's nothing to gain for CONMEBOL
>>
>>75400090
I don't mean in immediate or direct effects like that, duh. I mean in terms of spending the time, effort, and especially money into your youth and coaching systems in order to raise generations of teams that can actually compete. But if you don't need to care about trying too hard, then obviously you can get away with spending less on it. A wake up call can shock them into starting to spend more on getting better.
>>
>>75400138
>free venues and infrastructure
>lucrative media market expansion
>immediate +6 world cup spots
I don't think you even tried to think about it.
>>
>the current CONMEBOL champ BTFO'd the current CONCACAF champ 7-0

it's enough reason
>>
>>75400185
Exactly, thanks for helping make my point for me based chilebro.
>>
>>75400176
you overrate your "infrastructure" (turf, baseball fields, etc), viewership, and even the money the american soccer in general is able generate
>>
>>75400221
I'm not saying it dwarfs yours or anything of the sort, but it's large enough to jump on easily in the world of modern sports where money matters. It wouldn't be even -close- to doubling what CONMEBOL already makes, but it would easily outweigh any downsides. FOX is shelling out $425 million just for the next world cup's broadcasting rights alone, with Telemundo paying $600 million for the spanish language coverage. If anything, you're the one underrating the value.
>>
>>75400155
>then the shitty nations that can't afford to travel much anyways wouldn't make it that far in the competition anyways

I'm talking about that.
>>
>>75400343
>I'm talking about that.
What about it?
>>
>>75400314
That means nothing to us, too many games and against rivals that are not going to help us improve, just tire our players out and probably injure some.

Either that or going back to groups which nobody wants because everyone's improved since this format was implemented.

Nobody will watch a match between Uruguay and Jamaica
>>
>>75400358
>plus you'd get american infrastructure to lean on now and then for cheap setup
You'd only get to to a tournament once every 3 decades, unless you think all copa americas are going to be in the US? kek.

> If they still can't afford to travel considering that then that's a good sign they shouldn't be given the same status within the confederation to begin with.
This is football, what grants you "status" is not the ability to pay for your trips but the ability to play football, you don't have that and you're trying to force your way in with money.
>>
Mexico and USA won't get their easy WC qualification if they merge, which means FIFA won't get as many shekels. Also the likes of Brazil and Argentina don't want to be playing against the likes of Bahamas and Anguilla. That's the main reason why people hate international breaks so much and why the latest Euros was shit. The gulf in quality between the top European teams and the bottom European teams is massive.
>>
>>75400386
I'm not proposing having everyone be treated at an equal level, obviously. Put the quality south america teams in the top tier with a few extra spots for everyone else to fight over. Having to compete just for the right to get their asses handed to them will make teams like USA and Mexico wake up, it won't punish the deserving south american teams it will still be mostly just them still, and it doesn't reward shitty teams (like Jamaica) from even being allowed to be there in the first place without earning it. It's like a multiple-layer water refining filter, designed to increase the viable sources of clean water over time. Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>75400314
no, anon, you are wrong.
merging concacaf and conmebol would necessarily divide countries into smaller groups. Over a 3-year qualification campaign, every team in conmebol plays both brazil and argentina twice, they also play their neighbors and local rivals twice. Your brilliant idea is making them give up this and instead play the amazing USMNT and the fearsome Mexicans.
>>
>>75400443
>Also the likes of Brazil and Argentina don't want to be playing against the likes of Bahamas and Anguilla.
And they shouldn't have to be. Just because they're part of the same confederation doesn't mean they should necessarily all be treated equally. The point is to allow them avenues and opportunities to increase their national status, while simultaneously giving their current national status the treatment it deserves whether that be good or bad. Right now CONCACAF in particular is failing badly at both of those points, due to its structure. There's potential to fix it, but harnessing that requires trials by fire rather than lazing about in complacency.
>>
>>75400481
Don't forget the mighty Trinidad & Tobago, Honduras and Suriname.
>>
>>75400481
read >>75400463 I'm not saying anything of the sort, they'd still be able to play the likes of brazil, argentina, and their local rivals, it'd just include a few extra hoops to jump through for all the former CONCACAF teams to prove they should be allowed to join in. Sure, it's possible over time (read: MANY decades) that the automatic membership in that club would shift and mean that the very bottom of CONMEBOL would be put in the borderline second-tier club, but that wouldn't necesssarily be bad from a competitive standpoint because it would mean both that they'd still need to put in the effort to retain their status and that there'd actually be quality north american teams around by that time that would deserve taking that spot.
>>
>>75399854
We actually want to merge with CONMEBOL, even if that means missing a couple of WC every now and then, but CONCACAFJews and Mexican Federation won't allow to take that risk.
The most we can get is playing Libertadores and Copa America, and that's only because there is a fucking Gold Cup every two years in the US to make profit
>>
>>75400578
In that case what if we just broke CONCACAF back into NAFU, UNCAF, and CFU and left them behind, so that both of us could join directly into CONMEBOL without bringing all the cumbersome luggage?
>>
>>75400548
so you're just talking generically and have no actual plan of how this would work out
sounding like a politician, really
>>
>>75400607
Wait shit I forgot canada exists too for a moment.
>>
>>75400607
UNCAF and CFU will try everything to stop that. Whitout Mexico and US, the only source of money is the WC Revenue and some corruption here and there. T-They will be OFC Tier poor
>>
>>75400610
What? I've pointed out several times how it would have a specific setup rather than just generalizations, how are you getting the opposite conclusion?

Basically the CONCACAF teams would be forced to go a through similar structure that they do now, with multiple stages and teams auto-qualifying to only start at a certain tier. The difference would be that all of the CONMEBOL teams would appear in the top tier in the first place, which would function more or less as their own qualification already does, and everyone else would have to fight just to join in. To keep things fair, the set of teams that get chosen as the top tier can shift over time to not being just south american nations anymore, but that would require the north american teams to actually step up, with the point of the setup being that it would allow them to do so if they start trying.

So CONMEBOL wouldn't be disrupted in its general format, it'd just accomodate room for the top CONCACAF teams that actually pushed to be there. If they're still weak, then it's only a couple games of getting BTFO with most of CONMEBOL still going about business as usual for 90% of the games. If they get better though because of that, then it just means more quality all around. Taking on a few extra borderline teams at a time makes the whole group better, just like what happened with CONMEBOL itself internally.
>>
>>75400664
Well obviously that's why it won't happen, but that wasn't the point of the discussion. It's about what would be the best ideas for improving what little quality CONCACAF has without being too much of a burden on CONMEBOL. I mean, it's not like the UNCAF/CFU nations are becoming that much better teams by playing us, we're shit too. Rather than sharpening steel on steel its more like banging rocks together. So if worst comes to worst then just leave them be to sort their own shit out and take our potential where it can actually be refined. Why should we have to overburden ourselves to bend over backwards to cater to nations that hurt us more than they help us? It's not like CONMEBOL thinks of us that way, so why should we think about UNCAF or CFU that way? In the end pursuing the advancement of our own value should be what matters most. IF we can actually do that alongside those other nations, then great, but if not, then we need to abandon them and try something else for our own survival.
>>
>>75400578
>playing Libertadores
not anymore it seems
>>
>>75400726
Doubt more than one team can make into conmebol with their current system, doesn't fit the schedule.
>>
>>75400796
I'm with you, we should just abandon those fuckers, and I'm sure CONMEBOL obvious not corrupt directors will be happy to get the income of Mexico and the US. And our federation will surely prefer having most matches against Brasil and Argentina instead of Haiti and Saint Kitts.

It really is strange why haven't we moved already.
>>
>>75400833
Next year we will return actually. We changed the Concachampions format so we could send teams to both tournaments
>>
>>75400840
Well they probably could if it's 2 teams.

The last year has less games than previous ones, for example we played in march and now the next one is in august or september right?

There's an international break in July that clubs use to play friendlies(Uruguay will play against Italy and Ireland I think)
>>
>>75399911
>12 WC spots
>only 10 CONMEBOL nations
>hurrrrrr never again ur just scared
And that's pretending all 10 are competitive.
kek I hope you become the next Denmark/Sweden and never qualify again.
>>
>ITT OP wants his country to have special treatment because they have money
Fuck off.
>>
>>75400840
Right, there's the matter of schedule too.

In a 4 year span, for example, Yuro teams have World Cup (2014) -> Euro qualifiers (2014/2015/2016) -> Euro (2016) -> WC qualifiers (2016/2017) -> Confed Cup (2017) -> WC qualifiers round 2 (2017) -> pre-WC friendlies -> World Cup

with plenty of time for friendlies in-between. Since the qualifiers are rather short and often only occupy 1 of the 2 FIFA dates on each international break

While SA teams have

WC (2014) -> post-WC friendlies (2014/2015) -> Copa América (2015) -> WC qualifiers (2015/2016/2017), lets ignore CA 2016 for the sake of the argument -> Confed Cup (2017) -> WC qualifiers part 2 (2017) -> pre-WC friendlies -> World Cup (2018)

and EVERY international break after 2015/2 has both FIFA dates occupied by 2 qualifying matches

Either the inclusion of CONCACAF would mean the end of post-WC friendlies when all NTs are on cooldown mode after the world cup, or it would necessarily mean the end of the round-robin everyone against everyone system as all available FIFA dates are too close to the WC before or after
>>
>>75400891
In case you haven't noticed, CONCACAF is one of the most corrupt of the bunch. They're just worse at hiding it than the others. Every FIFA member that they can stock up with means extra sway and influence with their affairs, especially since every nation gets equal revenue regardless of size and CONCACAF benefits from that. So having a bajillion irrelevant islands benefits us more than most confederations in that sense, but it's really not worth the hassle. 41 members including the likes of turks and caicos, martinique, and montserrat is still far worse than 12 members including us with brazil and argentina. I don't blame CONMEBOL from being apprehensive of us, when you've been swimming in this much shit for this long of course you're going to smell.
>>
>>75400506
and what would CONMEBOL win? money? doesn't worth it, unlike CONCACRAP, or system keep us at top level
>>75400434
>This is football, what grants you "status" is not the ability to pay for your trips but the ability to play football, you don't have that and you're trying to force your way in with money
fucking this
>>
>>75400991
Yeah alright, after trying to plan that out I'm seeing pretty much the same thing, it's not that a system couldn't be crafted with some creative planning but a compromise would have to be made somewhere in some form. I'll concede that we can't just lump CONCACAF straight into CONMEBOL as a whole witthout doing a major overhaul on either group. Doesn't mean that pursuing a merge is an unworthy venture though, just that I'll have to think harder on how to find the best possible way to pull it off. And at the very worst like I told mexibro up there, we could still make it work if we abandoned everyone else and just the two of us straight up joined CONMEBOL. A 12-team round robin instead of a 10-team one is not much additional schedule space required compared to what I was proposing before.
>>
>>75401057
>and what would CONMEBOL win? money? doesn't worth it, unlike CONCACRAP, or system keep us at top level
You do realize when you say that, that CONMEBOL itself was much more disparate several decades ago before it started being more inclusive of all of its members, allowing the lesser quality to meet the higher quality more often? Letting a few worse teams in with a better group to improve the collective over time has pretty much always worked in sports, the problem is just how many to let in, which ones, and how that would work out. If your argument is only from a standpoint of long-term competitive value then you have no ground to stand on.
>>
>>75401104
I still think it would be good and it could be done, with 2 groups of 8-10 teams in round-robin or such.

It's just not gonna happen, for all the reasons already mentioned. This is just mental masturbations.
>>
>>75401183
But without "what if" scenarios /sp/ would have a lot less to talk about
>>
>>75401183
Nah. It could very well happend. It's just the fucking little Islands the ones that are blocking it.
Besides, it does seems like the US doesn't want to compete at a Club Level with CONMEBOL. At least not for now. Nor they want to risk the NT in the WC.
I'm confident that Mexico could at least fight for a WC Spot memeing our way to the WC. But is not that sure for the US.
>>
>usa and mexico leave concacaf
so then whos become the new kings of the shit pile? costa rica and who else
>>
>>75401307
With the upcoming expansion of the WC, both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF are planned to receive 6 bids apiece. If USA and Mexico switched sides, I think they'd shift that balance to at least 7 and 5, which gives us a shot even if not a guarantee. That's the best situation for us, honestly. A guarantee breeds complacency and promotes rotting from within, while having no shot at all is going to turn away prospective youth talent as well as the abandonment of fan interest. If it's tense but possible, then we can care and improve too.
>>
>>75401158
letting smaller teams play more improved those teams, and again, why would we want to improve your teams?
>>75401307
fight for a spot, maybe; going to the WC consistently, nah; I'd say once every 16 years
>>
>>75401396
Nah, Mexico and Germany are the only two teams that have advanced from the group stage in the past 24 years. We surely will won't qualify at every WC, but it won't get that far.
Anyway, is just as >>75401385 says, with the increased spots, it won't fucking matter. We all go to the WC except for Bolivia
>>
>>75401323
Canada
>>
>>75399984
>and Mexico, Canada and the US would rather keep being lords

FTFY
>>
File: vaughncouver.jpg (22KB, 342x427px) Image search: [Google]
vaughncouver.jpg
22KB, 342x427px
>>75401437
haha no I don't think so
>>
>>75400622
it happens
>>
>>75401505
>reddithawks
kek
>>
USA is too fair to join CONMEBOL. Every spic or South American team has shitty fields, shitty conditions, basically lying stealing third world faggots. USA has polite fans, top class facilities, grass on the field growing evenly, we'd be at the biggest disadvantage because we have work ethic and aren't diving cheating faggots. No thanks.
>>
>>75403109
hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>75403109
Pretty much, we'd beat the shit out of you if you come to play here, fuck with your locker rooms and water the pitch while you're warming up(Chile did that to us the last game we played).
>>
>>75403109
>""""""""grass""""""""
>>
>>75403109
>i suck because i i am better than you
>>
>>75403109
>we'd be at the biggest disadvantage because we have zero good players
ftfy
>>
>>75403228
sorry buddy you're not the best poster to be saying anything. how does it feel that we had 0 good players and still beat the best generation in your country's history, causing one of your players to get killed while generally causing a 20 year spiral of failure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSEyMudewOo
>>
>>75403170
>fans booing the away team the entire nigth before the match
>cutting the hot water suply in the locker room
>throwing stones at their bus
and after all that, playing against Messi, Nerman, Suarez, Sanchez and Hamez; I wouldn't play here either
>>75403193
football fans in USA are chicanos and democrats, it's obvious they'd have Hillary's strategies
>>
<<75403375
>best generation
>not 2012 with best Falcao
you don't even deserve a (you)
>>
>>75401437
Canada isn't even good at their national sport, hockey.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.