[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if a defender on the goal line dives and handballs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: thunk.jpg (183KB, 743x739px)
thunk.jpg
183KB, 743x739px
What happens if a defender on the goal line dives and handballs it to try and keep it out, but it hits his hand and still goes in

In order to give him a red card for the foul you would also have to give the penalty

You can't give the goal and a red card
>>
>>75301253
but you can

>advantage rule
>>
>>75301264
That only happens with yellow cards
>>
>>75301278
Incorrect.
>>
>>75301288
It's a FACT

Nobody has ever played advantage and then gave a red card, you can't play advantage on a serious foul
>>
Deliberate handball is a red card
>award goal
>give red card for deliberate handball
wow that was hard
>>
>>75301253
depends how the attacking team feels about this, if they're happy with the goal then no red card, if they protested for a penalty then it's a penalty and a red card.
>>
Probably just give the player a warning.
>>
>>75301291
see
>>75301288

Shouldn't you be getting ready for school tomorrow?
>>
>>75301292
So you're saying it's a penalty
>>
>>75301253
i get you weren't alive 7 years ago

https://youtu.be/ZgHhYgQnCPg?t=1m12s
>>
>>75301253

It should be a red card and a goal. Football's rules are retarded. In Rugby the equivalent is given as a penalty try. In NFL the touchdown would always stand despite deliberate fouls.
>>
>>75301431
When did Brazil get internet?

Congratulations
>>
>>75301253
It's an yellow card and indirect freekick outside the box to the team that made the accusations and advantage played
>>
You give the goal and you give the handballer a red card. Simple.

Imagine it another way, a player is through on goal then a defender smashes into him with a 2 foot tackle, through the mess the ball still manages to squeeze past the keeper. You'd still give the goal and you'd still give the defender a red card.
>>
>>75301431
But this isnt the scenario OP described....
>>
>>75301493
I agree, but let's say in the Suarez incident, penalty was given and saved, red card. Do you think the goal should be given.

I think it's harsh it's not, just because the defender succeeded in his bad act
>>
>>75301425
no?
>>
I'd give the goal AND a penalty, and obviously the red card too
>>
>>75301549
are you sure you don't want to slab him on the face too?
>>
>>75301581
typical saudi. not everything has to have stoning as a punishment
>>
>>75301613
typical britfag, so gay
>>
>>75301581
>>75301613
Fucking arab country squabbling
>>
File: 1467054491275.jpg (145KB, 960x659px) Image search: [Google]
1467054491275.jpg
145KB, 960x659px
>>75301581
>slab him on the face
>>
>>75301291
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12019/9983083/northern-irelands-chris-baird-receives-bizarre-red-card
>>
>>75301431
This isn't what OP is talking about.

Learn to read.
>>
>The referee allows play to continue when the team against which an offence has been committed will benefit from such an advantage and penalises the original offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time
>takes disciplinary action against players guilty of cautionable and sending-off offences. He is not obliged to take this action immediately, but must do so when the ball next goes out of play
From FIFA's section on playing advantage. So he absolutely would be allowed to red card the defender, even with the goal.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.