[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know anything about the World Cup site selection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2238772_big-lnd.jpg (137KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2238772_big-lnd.jpg
137KB, 960x540px
Does anyone here know anything about the World Cup site selection process? Like say the Canada, U.S, Mexico bid wins the right to host the World Cup. Is there a set criteria to be met for a city to host WC matches like how the Super Bowl can only be hosted in certain cities? Who sets this criteria? FIFA or the WC organizing body for the host country?

I'm working on a project, that's why I ask.
>>
The criteria that FIFA sets has to do with the stadium, not the city. You could host a game in the middle of a cornfield in Nebraska, and as long as there was a stadium there that met FIFA's rules it would be ok. FIFA's requires that the stadium can seat at least 40,000 people, be an all-seater stadium (as in actual seats, not bleachers), conform to FIFA safety regulations and field dimensions, and agree to sell products sold by FIFA sponsors (such as coca-cola and budwieser beer).

There are literally hundreds of stadiums in the USA alone that meet these requirements or could meet them without about 1 week of work to modify the stadium.
>>
the United States will NEVER host a world cup
>>
>>75291412
*or could meet them with about 1 week of work

Oh, and also we're likely to see stadiums with natural grass preferred over turf. A lot of foreign players will complain about having to play on turf, when Thierry Henry played in MLS he was constantly bitching about it.
>>
the criteria is who pays the most bribes to FIFA officials
>>
>>75291468
The US hosted the World Cup in 1994 and is going to do it again in 2026.
>>
>>75290827
FIFA decides the criteria. Only certain stadiums of more than 40k capacity and other stuff can hold WC Games. So that erases chunk city host.

Then the next criteria should be decided by both the Organizing commitee from the US,Canada and Mexico and be approved by FIFA. Check the Wikipedia of how the cities in Brazil and Russia were aprobed.

Also, the WC Final can only be hosted by a Stadium of more than 80k capacity and 5stars on FIFA Stadiums Criteria. Which means only the Rose Bowl, The Cowboys Stadium, and the Azteca Stadium could host the Final Match
>>
>>75291468
they already did retard
>>
>>75291495
exactly, you will never HOST a world cup, because you already did it
>>
>>75291526
But we're going to host it in 2026, Andres.
>tfw PulisGOD will win won for da land in the 250th anniversary of America on July 4th
>tfw anal buttblasted devestation from non-Americans world wide
Im cumming my pants at the thought of this.
>>
>>75291721
Will you get mad when the meheecans get to host the final?
>>
>>75291721
you won't host in 2026, we'll veto it

world champs have veto power in the FIFA Council
>>
>>75291980
It's been confirmed that all games beyond the quarterfinals will be hosted here.
>>75292056
No one gives a fuck about AFA. You faggots are a hilarious joke right now. You have the best player in the world and yet your organization is too incompetent to get a good manager or pay the coaching staff their dues.
>>
>>75292154
VETO
POWER
>>
>>75290827
The Organizing Comitee tells FIFA which venues will be used and lots of politics go here. The stadium must be a 40k+ seats venue (60k+ for beyond the semis), preferably with natural turf (not that hard to get) + easy access for the fans/teams and must be able to be completely emptied in under 5 minutes in case of emergency.

Cities for teams' preparations are chosen by each Football Association, accordingly to their schedule or training needs (Germany made a resort in the middle of nowhere here in Brazil and came about a month earlier).
>>
Thanks anons. This was all very helpful. I also found an official pdf from FIFA about world cup regulations including venue selection so that will be useful too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.