[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of having 20+ teams in a league, when the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Soccer-rich-iPad.png (223KB, 620x342px) Image search: [Google]
Soccer-rich-iPad.png
223KB, 620x342px
What's the point of having 20+ teams in a league, when the top 3 teams are the only successful teams? Why not get the top 3-5 teams from each national league and put them in a Europe-wide league? wouldn't that be more fun, and competitive to watch?
>>
a fucking leaf
>>
>>75275166
You mean the Champions League?
>>
>Wouldn't it be fun to americanize football?

No, it fucking wouldn't.
>>
English teams are probably against the concept of a super league
>>
no, because i couldn't care less about real madrid or barcelona.

their matches are fun to watch and they have loads of great players, but i have no emotional investment in them and my club has no rivalry with them. they're fun to watch as a football fan, but not as a fan of my team.
>>
>>75275193
Champions league is a knockout tournament. I'm talking about having the top teams play exclusively each other for the whole year, rather than spend most of their games playing shitty teams in their respective countries.
>>
File: Apu kofi.png (44KB, 744x687px) Image search: [Google]
Apu kofi.png
44KB, 744x687px
1. Most fanbases would not bother going to watch away games abroad on a regular basis.
2. Fans in general would not care about nonexistent rivalries between their club and a foreign one.
3. Europeans hate each other for the most part.
4. Hooligans would be a problem and would require bigger police deployments every weekend.
5. Such international league would pretty much destroy the well-established first divisions of most countries involved (except maybe England's).
6. Globalisation is wrong.
>>
>>75275314
The only thing I'm getting out of that post is
>europoors

North America is bigger and more diverse than Europe, and we have no issues with any of that
>>
Would be pointles. After few seasons the situation would be the same where a handful of teams compete for the title and the rest are there just to make up the numbers.
>>
When every club is big, no club is big. Eventually the "big clubs" at the bottom would end up like the bottom clubs of leagues we have now.
>>
>>75275166
cream rises to the top and eventually even that "more competitive" league would end up being dominated by 2-3 teams in a few years because shit like napoli, benfica, ajax or whatever the fuck """top""" teams youd take from france would get stomped every week by the true elite. plus i imagine the players would hate traveling hundreds of miles all over europe for every single away game. it would literally be like the champions league where its usually bayer,real,barca+a random if they dont face other beforehand.
>>
File: perhaps.png (650KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
perhaps.png
650KB, 569x802px
>>75275166
>HSV
>>
>>75275449
You all speak English or Spanish and have the same fucking culture
>>
>>75275918
the cl itself is already dominated by 3 clubs
in a league such as this the same would happen
besides, from those 20 there are only 5 at most who could beat Porto on a regular basis, and nearly 10 who would be beat by Porto on a regular basis
yet, Porto isn't on this list
also
>>75275224
this
>>
>>75275449
America is the least diverse piece of land in the world.
>>
>>75277074
>have the same fucking culture
why'd you bother posting if you are going to be so stupid
>>
>>75277733
In America different regions hate different people, and if you travel North America you'll see we put our cheese, beef, and corn/bread in different combinations. Very diverse here.
>>
>>75277733
Oh true the day you make fireworks to celebrate you treason against europe is diferent in each "nation"
>>
>>75275272
How do you determine who the best teams are in their country if you don't have them play against other teams from their country?
>>
>>75275166
>2011/12
>being this retarded
>>
>>75278136
thats some sound argumentation pedro.

just apologize to me and move on with your life
>>
I actually wouldn't mind, it's not like I watch any game between 2 small teams either way
>>
>>75277733
>(You)
>>
>>75278136
Here is your (you)
>>
>>75275166
That simply can't happen because Europe ain't one country.
They all have different Leagues which they are happy to win every/almost every year.
Plus small teams profit from being in a league with successfull teams.

>>75275449
You don't have fans that's exactly why.
>>
>>75275166

Because filler and when the viewers are drunk 99% of the time when they tune into this shit so they don't care
>>
>>75277660

Looks like you've got alot to learn about that place
>>
>>75278136
>treason
>moving away from the shithole that's europe to start a better life

pick one
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.