[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USMNT's coach: 2026 will be America's time to win the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: us-logo.jpg (347KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
us-logo.jpg
347KB, 1800x900px
http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/story/3102906/bruce-arena-us-can-start-talking-about-winning-a-world-cup-as-2026-host

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
Honestly our press and fans are ruining this team with high expectations. We're like England if the English actually believed their own hype, and Klinsmann was fired because of it.

We won't be winning the World Cup in 2026 because we can't produce any of our own stars. Pulisic is Croatian, we can hardly take credit for producing him and our actual youth production maxed out in the Dempsey and Howard days. If anything the USA will be a contender in the generation after this World Cup, not during it, because of the World Cup popularity surge that will come.
>>
Bruce arena is a fucking retard. It doesn't help that the mls autists feed their own delusions through their own circlejerk media. We're not even at the point of sending proven top players in Europe's big leagues but now we're definitely going to compete because we're hosting in 10 years and mlels will get better, right? Right?
>>
Oh boy, here come the Doylefags
>>
>>75232042
>pulisic is Croatian

Stopped reading there and your opinion is discarded. Stop posting here.
>>
>>75232000
as long as our Tom Bradys and LeBron James keep playing handegg and apehoop we will NEVER be good at divegrass

fucking stop this hype meme. our only divegrass players are 3rd rate outcast athletes and we will never amount to anything in divegrass

>in4 puliGOAT
ONE good player doesnt mean shit when every other good team has 10+ players that are better than him
>>
>>75234369
This, LeBron as a trequartista is a mouth watering prospect.
>>
>>75232000

Okay people. Screencap this shit and post it again in 2026 when >we go out in the group stage.

>That level of delusion
>>
Could this be the team /sp/?

Of course in 9 years there could easily be some current-day 12/13 year old GOATing it up
>>
File: 1389563714188.jpg (32KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
1389563714188.jpg
32KB, 500x587px
>>75234437
>trequartista
>>
File: inter.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
inter.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
why is our coach doing his best brazilian media impression?
>>
>>75232042
>Pulisic is Croatian

u wot? he's born and raised in the US
>>
it's never gonna happen, were too far behind the South American and euro countries when it comes to talent. Plus no one in America gives a shit about soccer, it's always going to be seen as some 3rd rate fag sport here
>>
>>75234789
Wood will be too old by then
>>
South Korea style refball incoming
>>
>>75234997
With Croatian parents I believe. My point isn't to hate on him for being related to immigrants but to point out that the US can't produce top youth players consistently. World Cup winning nations like Germany, France, Spain, Brazil, etc can produce their own high level players on a consistent basis but with the US team the best we can hope for is lucking into an immigrant kid wanting to play for us or being able to win over a dual national.
>>
>>75235940
I could be wrong but don't most countries have at least a few people who are the children of immigrants or just straight up immigrants on their national teams? I don't see what the big deal with Pulisic is.
>>
>>75235940

His parents were born and raised in the US fool, just because he has a non Anglo last name doesn't make him any less American.

By your idiot logic I should be playing for Ireland because 3 of 4 grandparents were born there.
>>
>>75235646
One year younger than Dempsey is now, plus Wood was a late bloomer so he has way less minutes on his legs than the average player his age
>>
>>75235940
it's time to stop posting.
>>
>>75232042
CHI
>>
>>75235940
His parents were both born here you fucking moron. You people will always find something to try and discredit his as an actual American
>>
>>75235940
Unironically neck yourself chicano scum
>>
>>75232000
God STFU Bruce you arrogant fat fuck. He won't even be coaching in 9 years. Plus we still don't have youth development in the states.
>>
In this very moment, Carlos Bilardo (coach and world champion 1986) said that he went around the USA and there's a lot of football schools popping up
>>
>>75234369
When will ameriniggers understand that being athletic means nothing in soccer?
>>
>>75236465
What does he make of us and our youth programs?
>>
>>75236495
>who is Obamayong
>who is 100million eurobucks Dabman
>who is Lucuckoo
>who is Jerome definitely German Boateng

>being athletic means NOTHING

fucking kek
>>
>>75236004
>>75236039
>>75236349
>>75236411
How many times do I have to say that I'm complaining about the way the USA develops players and not about Pulisic? I like him, but what I'm saying is that relying on players of foreign descent from higher ranked countries never wins World Cups or even creates contenders with the exception of France, because it's not sustainable.
>>
>>75237202
literally who's

you need 1 or 2 of those in a team of 11
>>
>>75237202
All those guys suck though
>>
Didn't they said the same thing about the WC of 2010??

You know, that one plan of the USoccer to make them WC in 20 years or something. Strangely, they haven't mentioned it again
>>
>>75237350
>>75237354

here are your (you)s friendos :^)
>>
what we need to do is kick Altishit, zardes, and bradley off the team
>>
>>75237335
>players of foreign descent

So we should field a team of Native Americans, then?
>>
>>75237354
>2nd top goalscorer in the Bundesliga
>most expensive player in history
>top goalscorer in the EPL
>German player of the year last year

>all those guys suck though
>>
>>75237818
you are a fucking retard, The United States of America was founded by white people
>>
File: tfw to inteligant.png (245KB, 445x663px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to inteligant.png
245KB, 445x663px
>>75236495
Tom Brady isn't athletic. He's pretty slow, he just has an incredible brain and incredible skill. All of our best sportsmen, whether physically athletic or not, go into other sports.
>>
>>75237875
you need foot finesse

people with foot finesse rarely have hand finesse
>>
>>75237865
I know english isn't your first language, but how did you miss the point so completely lmao
>>
>>75237875
This.

American players in fact are more athletic than the average soccer/football player. They are strong, fast and offensive. But they lack not only the top tier technique but the playmaking ability.
But you can only learn those through countless repetition and playing with other people with those skills, things that aren't common there. Or at least that's what scouts say. And the College thing fuck them really hard
>>
>>75237912
You have no point, motherfucking idiot

So-called """""""""""""""""""""Native"""""""""""""""""" Americans are foreigners to the entity called United States of America

Being conquered doesn't make you a native
>>
>it's another amerishit delusion thread
>>
>>75237895
I don't think the natural skills of Americans are exclusively different from the skills of any country's people. I'm sure there are many boreball, apehoop, handegg, and icefight players who have the foot finesse required to play divegrass. Like this guy says >>75237931 they don't grow up in the culture that encourages them to play divegrass.

I honestly don't even know what we're arguing about here. Are you denying that most of our top athletes play different sports? I don't get it.
>>
>>75238150
>>75238150
I am arguing that you aren't losing anything

The people that would be good football soccers are probably doing no sport at all
>>
>>75238212
Ok I can see what you're saying. Fair enough.
>>
>>75237969
>initial post complained about Americans of foreign descent
>literally all Americans are of foreign descent, including the founding generation

you could fly a jet over your head without you noticing
>>
>>75238029
No one takes the opinions of idiots like Arena and Doyle faggots seriously. We know we suck.
>>
>inb4 USA gets 7-1'd
>>
>>75232042
>. We're like England if the English actually believed their own hype
outside a few mexican groups and some soccer fanatics

No one cares

if they make it to the semi finals then people will care a little but remember it is every 4 years and go back to our own sport leagues
>>
>>75237851
>rating the blunderliga
>rating poopba
>eplel
>blunderliga again
>>
>>75237895
People with foot finesse have very elaborated nervous system which improves their motor control, kids who excelled at football usually excelled at other sports like handball, basketball (at least at dribbling and shooting), volleyball if they tried. Of course once they are part certain age it's over, no chance of developing those motor skills as well as they could have.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.