[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4-4-2 >wing back at RM >Target forward at LM, on TOP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

>4-4-2
>wing back at RM
>Target forward at LM, on TOP of there already being Higuain being the target forward up front

Is the 4-4-2 back in style lads?
>>
4-4-2 wide diamond is the most black pilled formation
>>
File: firefox_2017-04-11_12-24-47.png (470KB, 861x423px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-11_12-24-47.png
470KB, 861x423px
>>75169367
And it's becoming a back 6 too lol. Mourinho did this against Man City/Chelsea recently.
>>
>>75169367
I don't understand Juve's positions.
Is it actually a 4-2-2-2?
- - - - - - - Buffon
Alves- - --Chiellini-Bonucci- - -Sandro
- - - - - - - -Pjanic- Khedira- -- - - -
Cuadrado-- - - - - - - - - - - - -Dybala
- - - - - -Higuain-Mandzukic

??? I don't understand.
>>
>>75169510
Swap Dybala for Mandzukic
>>
>>75169510
mandzukic is a FWD in possession, but on defence he covers sergi roberto as a Left midfielder

my team the San Jose Earthquakes did this before

in possession it looks more like a 3-4-3, with alves still defending normally, cuadrado going up as RM, mandzukic pushing up to FWD, and alex sandro becoming LM
>>
It's a Zona Mista
>>
>>75169510
Guinny, you're over-complicating it, it's a simple 4-4-2 with Dybala sometimes going deep to help the midfield in defense and move the ball in counter-attacks. Cuadrado has always been a winger anyway, and Mandžo has played on both wings on multiple occasions throughout his career anyway, because he's very agile and willing to pull a Gattuso anytime needed.
>>
>>75169564
>>75169598

Why put a pacey whiteboi in the center and using a slowpoke Balkan killerfoot on the side? I think he is somewhat wasted and I doubt he has the pace and physical to stay 90 minutes in this position( talking about Mario Mandz)
If any juve fan knows , does he sub him early ?
>>
>>75169640
>>75169640
>>75169640
this
>>
Leicester did it first you fat fuck
>>
>>75169678
lol you're underrating mandzukic a fuck ton

im pretty sure sometimes ay Bayern he would be asked to track wingers

he has the discipline, awareness, and most importantly yes the stamina to do that

dybala is their main creator/scorer obviously, you want him fresh as possible for the counter attack
>>
>>75169711
at major european level i would say Juve brought it back actually

they've played this same system in europe even later in the conte years, at the same time atletico was using it (they don't play 4-4-2 anymore im pretty sure)
>>
I can literally make a hundred of screenshots in every Juve game that clearly show Mandžo, Pjanić, Khedira and Cuadrado in line. Dybala and Higuain are also often in line rather than being one behind the other, because you defend better and cover more space when you defend standing in line than one behind the other. Basic space gestalt.
>>
>>75169678
You put Dybala on the left and you automatically nix many of his advantages. He'd have to cross more often, which is no good when you depend on Higuain in crunch time. If you wanna wing Dybala, put him on the right, the Robben/Messi style.
>>
Fucking great tactically already from Juve, they're playing like a EPL team.
>>
File: 5611561.png (39KB, 512x672px) Image search: [Google]
5611561.png
39KB, 512x672px
>>75169640
wtf is this formation
mfw i'm too intelligent for this
>>
>>75169722
Well I can't say I am underrating Mandzukic when Im calling him a killer striker but I get your point, The coach needs to Maximize his players abilities. Have lost track of Mario Mandzukic this season since Higuain joined juve so I might not be 100% accurate about his pace and physical
>>
>>75169761
they do play in a 4-4-2 but saul and carrasco have more freedom than your usual wide mid
>>
pic related was the pinnacle of football tactics
prove me wrong
>>
>>75170078
It's how Brazil got rekt in 1982
>>
>>75169367

Everybody knows that 3-5-2 is king.
>>
>>75170078
5-3-2 with emphasis on the right wing.
>>
>>75169367

It never left. 442 is the like the gold standard, the stepping stone, the primordial formation in football.

Every other formation is nothing more than an ingenous, edgy, cheeky, tryhard, hipster, smartass variation of the Eternal 442. They come and go with the passing of time like the memes they are. The 442 lives forever.
>>
>>75170078

A variation of 442 diamond, leaving Zambrotta the entire left side of the pitch for himself while Gerrard slips somewhere in the middle.
>>
This shit is pretty autistic. You know that the 442/532/4231/etc thing is just for tv, right? The players move on the field more freely so discussion about this is pointless.
>>
>>75179411
>>75179576
It's just an asymetric formation, the left fullback is dynamic while the left winger is more static, on the other side it's the opposite: a more static fullback with a more dynamic winger
That way things balance themselves out
Anyways this system was exposed in 1983 by Ernst Happel, no one uses it anymore
>>
>>75179628
Well its like this, 5-3-2 is defensive, 3-4-3 is attacking and 4-5-1 is possession.

4-4-2 can be adjusted to suit whatever opponent by forming partnerships that can double up and exploit the other wise 2 track minds
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.