[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American ""Football"" is just a MINI GAME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: attackingfreekick1.jpg (47KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
attackingfreekick1.jpg
47KB, 540x405px
So as an American, I just found this out.

Soccer is not only a sport with Tactics, Strategies and Individual decision making.

But everytime the ball goes out of play, complicated tactics and strategies are used?

This semen sipping sport might actually be a real thinking's man game, I'm impressed
>>
File: wojak-book.png (25KB, 638x769px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-book.png
25KB, 638x769px
It could be said that the whole history of tactics describes the struggle to achieve the best possible balance of defensive solidity with attacking fluidity.
>>
pick up FIFA and play it for a while, you'll learn there's a lot more depth to it and that makes it more entertaining to watch
>>
Yes, it truly is hilarious how americans made a sport out of set pieces and pretend it's chess on grass.
>>
>>75133322
>complicated tactics

not complicated at all tbqh
>>
>>75133322
Adding to that is the difficulty of making the ball move with your feet.
It's bretty hard to do some stuff other than a sideways pass most of the time.
>>
>>75133585
lmao so true, their tactics are so complicated they literally fit in a small drawing with a few arrows
>>
>>75133623
It is compared to having wide receivers running forwards, left or right. Or having running backs running forwards, left or right.
>>
>>75133641

Football is difficult to play but looks easy on tv

American football is easy to play but looks difficult on tv
>>
>>75133623

Catenaccio isn't, no. Try Pep style Barca though.
>>
>>75133808
Yeah.
First time I played in 11v11 match I was blow away by how hard it is to make things work. Everything was hard, from the positioning, the running, shooting etc etc let alone receiving a ball properly at full speed.
5v5 is more fun, at least you play the ball plenty of times.
7v7 is patrician amateur football tbqh
>>
>>75133880
>muh triangles
>>
>>75133808
>American football is easy to play but looks difficult on tv
>looks difficult
>>
You have to be adept at finding space to receive the ball. You need the vision and the technique to distribute it at pace to the forwards. You can gain advantage by shrewd positioning near your own penalty area and a sudden use of a pass into the opponents' weak point.
>>
>>75133808

When you put pads on and actually play football no, it is not easy at all, and if you aren't used to it it's pretty scary to start out once you realize what it actually means to hit and get hit
>>
Soccer is for 12 year olds and women, why you euros play footsies is beyond me
>>
>>75134985

Don't get it either, when you could have irreparable brain damage instead.
>>
>>75134985
Everyone plays "footsies" m8, not just euros
And in 20 years it'll be all that's played in America too
>>
>>75133322
t. numale
>>
>>75133911
It's a lot more than that desu
>>
>>75134867
>b-but muh hits
>they are so brave
>muh QI89 sport
Pathetic tbqh.
>>
>>75133585
>>75133641
Take a look at a leaked NFL playbook and realize how retarded you are. There's a reason all of the successful QBs are white. The playbooks are insanely complicated with hundreds of variations and formations on both offense and defense.
>>
OFFICIAL SPORTS INTELLIGENCE POWER RANKING:

1. football
2. rugby
3. baseball
4. hockey
5. basketball
6. soccer
>>
>>75142602
Not bad but I'd put baseball in 2nd.

To you faggots who think soccer set pieces are complicated, download some NFL playbooks from here: http://www.footballxos.com/free-football-playbooks/offense-playbooks/nfl-playbooks/

Your semen slurping divegrass strategy is basically africans drawing lines in the dirt compared to this.
>>
Cool it with the racism buddy
>>
Soccer and football are my two favorite sports. I don't care who knows.
>>
listen which sports you enjoy watching more than others is a matter of subjective taste, but I'd rather watch a game of middle school football than two top tier soccer teams draw 0-0.
>>
>>75142639
There's hardly any difficulty to it. It's a sport where everything is micromanaged for the circus niggers. The players themselves dont have to think about anything other than follow orders. This is in contrast to real football where the players really do have to know what to do in every exact situation and dont have the luxury of having the coach yell orders to their helmets. The game doesn't stop unless a foul is committed.

Every player on the pitch has to observe what's going on around them and position themselves constantly. The defenders have to set the offside trap so that the opposing forwards will be call out by the linesmen. The midfielders have to set up the plays and defend as well. The forwards have to time their runs properly in order to bypass the offside trap and pass the ball with a high degree of accuracy to an open player who can score or take the risk and shoot on target. When taken to the highest levels possible, you end up with teams like Barcelona in the early 2010s who dominate teams in a beautiful fashion by exposing open spaces and passing the ball relentlessly to overwhelm their opponents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP397_vH8xo

To play at this level requires thousands of hours of practice within a single tactical philosophy.
>>
>>75142935
t jerry Sandusky
>>
>>75133623
it's more complicated than either running the ball or throwing it to a wide receiver that's for sure
>>
>>75142877
>two sports
>just lists 1 sport
>>
>>75147571

Soccer is the proper name.
>>
>>75147670
The governing body isn't called FISA now is it?
>>
>>75147692

FIFA has always been a French organization.

YOU invented the game, you called it soccer before anyone else, and then started calling "football" to suck up to continentals.

Read about the football code battle. There was Rugby "football" along with various other forms of "football," many of which used hands as the primary method of controlling the ball.

To avoid confusion, Rugby football became Rugger and Association Football became soccer.

Football never meant a game played with your feet.
>>
Soccer has tactics but free kicks are not the place to boast about them. You really just have your guys run at the goal and hope the kick finds them. The kicks are usually fairly inaccurate which is why you use numbers to up your chances by stuffing more guys in there to go for it.
>>
>Tony Pulis would be considered Bill Belichick level of genius in the USA
kek
>>
File: MortalsvsOlympians.jpg (421KB, 2538x1202px) Image search: [Google]
MortalsvsOlympians.jpg
421KB, 2538x1202px
>I usually only coach my players to be 100% sure of 2 set plays for corners, and 2-3 for free kicks in a given game. The reason for this is simple, you likely only receive 1-3 free kicks near the 18 yard box so knowing 4+ is not necessary.

>Only need to learn 2 set plays
>Knowing 4 is unnecessary

Meanwhile in real football:

>So how difficult is it to truly master an NFL playbook? According to neuroscientist Redish, “it’s like trying to play a musical instrument that’s scheming against you.”

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/08/04/how-difficult-it-memorize-nfl-playbook-neurologist-explains#
>>
>>75142947
>>75142947
>>75142947
/thread
>>
>>75142947
It's like you've managed to make a sport out of slavery where lots of black guys obey the orders from a single white guy
>>
>having to stop every 10 seconds before it gets too complicated/energetic and have a water break so the coach can tell you how to play the next 10 seconds
>>
>>75135434
>And in 20 years it'll be all that's played in America too
This, i for one welcome It, also go sounders!!!!
>>
>>75147884
Lel
>>
>>75147908
NYCFC winning the league, eat dick you seattle hippie
>>
>>75147862
>>based Ashton Eaton

Always pretty annoyed when Euros and Americans argue football vs. football. Decathlon is, by definition, the event for the greatest athlete. By tradition, the reigning world record holder in the 100m is referred to as the fastest man in the world. In the same way, the reigning decathlon world record holder is referred to as "the Greatest Athlete in the world." If you want a thinking man's contest, play chess, or try securing funding for a scientific grant; both are competitive avenues that require far more thinking power than any sport.
>>
>>75133808
I play semi pro reserves and its unbelievable how little time you get on the ball and how physical it is compared to amateurs I was playing last year. Professional football would be an even bigger difference, people don't appreciate the skill, intelligence and physicality required to play at the top level.
>>
>>75147977
Just wasted some dubs on that bullshit analysis, fkys
>>
>>75133880
>defending is easy
Brendan pls
>>
>>75147977

I agree. No sport is particularly "complex." End of the day, skill, execution and athleticism will typically win out over tactical and strategic overthinking.

<True for every team field/court sport in existence, from football to soccer to lacrosse.
>>
File: porungaayyyyybruh.png (661KB, 717x474px) Image search: [Google]
porungaayyyyybruh.png
661KB, 717x474px
>pick up FIFA and play it for a while, you'll learn there's a lot more depth to it and that makes it more entertaining to watch
>>
>>75147884
kek nice one
>>
Only like 2% of corners result in goals. They're a waste of time, and if a good strategy exists for scoring off of them, then it hasn't been discovered yet

Complex strategic situations are constantly developing fluidly during open play in football, and they are a lot less random than just chucking a load of big lads near the goalmouth and hoping the ball bounces in during the confusion. I am honestly starting to think that crosses in general are a waste of time and flanking players should always look to cut inside and/or recycle possession rather than cross into a crowded box
>>
>>75147862
except no one but the quarterback and the coach need to memorise the playbook

they just get told what to do every single time
>>
>>75142602
Bad bait. 0/10
>>
>>75148278
others*
>>
Set pieces very rarely result in goals though OP. According to Opta corner kicks only lead to goals 3.2% of the time (might be distorted by the minority number of teams that actually focus on set pieces and those who don't).
>>
>>75142602
need massive powergap between 5 and 6
>>
>>75147996

Yeah I play in the 4th division of Sunday League. It's tough to play against any team that is organised. Your touch and passing have to be perfect just to retain possession never mind creating any chances.

I don't think people realize how small the margin for errors are in football. A 10 yard pass looks simple but the accuracy, timing, weight of the ball, movement of the other player and touch of the other player all have to be perfect to keep possession. Not to mention the other team applying pressure. It looks sloppy when you give the ball away but this shit ain't easy.

Next time you're playing 5 aside see can your team string 10 passes together. I bet you struggle.
>>
>>75142561
That is retarded. And I'll show you why: in your "sport" only one attacking player truly has decisions to make. That's why sometimes QB even throw the egg before the receiver turns around. It's just setpieces where one player decides where to put the ball depending on the opposing players positions.
It's a sport for stupid ppl. Almost as bad as baseball.
>>
>>75147884
Nice.
>>
File: 138.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>75142602
>>
I'm not quite sure if Europeans on /sp/ are constantly baiting or actually believe footy is a superior sport for people with higher intellect. Your hubris is quite pathetic. Rugby or American Football are related sports with different rules. And footy actually became simpler over time. You can see that in the history of the rules.

- When the original Laws of the Game were first drafted in 1863 no forward passes of any sort were permitted, except for kicks from behind the goal line.

- In the late 1860s, the FA made the momentous decision to adopt the three-player rule, where an attacker would be called offside if positioned in front of the third-last defender.
>>
File: 1420674917462.gif (4MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
1420674917462.gif
4MB, 630x354px
>>75148041
>"skill, execution and athleticism will typically win out over tactical and strategic overthinking"

t. never played a team sport
>>
File: 1488163376586.jpg (34KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1488163376586.jpg
34KB, 500x447px
>>75142877
s-same
no bully plz
don't call it sawker though
>>
>>75149347

True but each player must know what play is to be executed AND have the ability to perform it. Especially in baseball which requires every player to know what they should do with the ball, depending on scenarios like runners and where the ball is hit. Atleast watch it and try it first. I don't like sawker but I respect it you fucking faggot
>>
>>75149347
>He doesn't know about option routes
>He doesn't understand that even a simple slant route is executed differently based on perceived defensive play.
The two sports are apples and oranges really. The set up of this debate is inherently flawed.
>>
futbol is about who has the best individual players
tactics are useless
>>
>>75148278
Way to talk out of your ass while knowing jackshit about the game
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.