[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the verdict on this guy? Has he lost the magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Billy-Beane.jpg (30KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Billy-Beane.jpg
30KB, 630x420px
So what's the verdict on this guy? Has he lost the magic or does he still have it in him?
>>
>>75085504
you can't take advantage of other teams if they're all doing the same thing as you

once moneyball became mainstream, a small-market team like the A'ss had no chance to compete
>>
He's gay lmfao he doesn't deserve to win
>>
>>75085517
why dosent Oakland have any money tho?

It's not that small of a market
>>
>>75085504
What magic? They haven't won a championship.
>>
>>75085517
I agree that the rest of the league adopting sabermetrics had something to do with Billy making some questionable moves, but small market teams can still compete. Look at the recent success of the Royals, for instance
>>
>>75085580
>Shitty stadium
>Seen as working class team in increasingly bourgie

Same reason the Raiders left
>>
>>75085623
royals didn't sell their promising young players every 3 years like billy does
>>
>>75085643
not my point, my point is that
>a small-market team like the A'ss had no chance to compete
is not true.
>>
He was ahead of the curve, everyone caught up or surpassed him, now he just had a trash team in a trash city
>>
>>75085517
You can still compete. Baseball has a draft and it does make a big difference. Astros aren't small but they did have a tiny ass payroll and decided to tank and horde drafted prospects and now theyre good. Indians are also small and have a great team made entirely or guys they developed themselves.

The difference is in how long you can be good. Small markets have to try to win before their guys all become free agents. Big markets have longer title windows because they can sign free agents to fill holes.
>>
>>75085580
The entire East Bay loves to talk about how fucking loyal they are to their sports teams and how much better the fans are, but they don't actually show up when their teams aren't doing well. The Giants play in front of 40k every night no matter their record. I went to an A's game on Tuesday with a reported attendance of 11k and actually it was way fewer in the seats...that's for the second game of the season. The Warriors had terrible attendance before 2007 when it became fashionable to like the team...while the Sacramento Kings not 100 miles down the road filled up 30-year-old Arco Arena every year to watch a 25 win team with terrible owners.

I live in Oakland and I see it every day. The swag, the fucking City hats, the bearded faggots that couldn't name a player on the roster before 2012. They are the most fairweather fans in the country besides San Diego, and those guys at least have an excuse.
>>
>>75085504
He looks nothing like Brad Pitt
>>
>>75085945
Imagine being the guy they cast Jonah Hill as.
>>
>>75085961
imagine being Jonah Hill during this promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwZD0pthP9Q
>>
>>75085961
It's a combination of a couple guys, one being Paul Depodesta who runs the Browns now. He's thin lol.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.