[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do football kits always use random colours that have nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0811.jpg (75KB, 697x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0811.jpg
75KB, 697x704px
Why do football kits always use random colours that have nothing to do with the logo or team colours?
>>
money
>>
Depends on the equipment manufacturer

Nike is dogshit in this regard
>>
>>75056946
>it's the leaf asked stupid questions episode

It's so that there is no chance of clashing with either of the kits the opposing team may have
>>
>>75056980
So they pick some ugly pink or teal combos?
>>
in some cases where both colours are not very dark or white they have to make up some Away kit

Third uniform is just for marketing purpose, Nike is horrible at this because they just copy the same shirt and change the base colour.
>>
>>75056989
>Every team is Barca
Fuck sake I hate leafs
>>
>>75056946
the stripes on their home colours is similar to the stripes on their crest doe
>>
Away kits are meant to be deliberately meme tier so they don't clash with home kits, most of the time it's yellow or white, at least in England, it depends on the league.
>>
>>75056989
if they do something noteworthy during a year where they have a certain random color away/third shirt, then eventually the shirt becomes a classic within itself and will make some reappearances down the line.
>>
Please fucking ban all Canadian IPs from posting.
>>
File: nufc-gk-1996-1997.jpg (168KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
nufc-gk-1996-1997.jpg
168KB, 1500x1125px
GOAT kit coming through
>>
>>75057015
Ever team has weird pastel colours for their away and third kits.
Home about away is white, much easier.
>>
>>75057123

I don't want to feel like I'm watching Tottenham Hotspur or the England Nation Team
>>
File: mancityshittykits.png (25KB, 344x338px) Image search: [Google]
mancityshittykits.png
25KB, 344x338px
Home: Blue
Away: Blue

literately why?
>>
>>75057302
>all blue is the same
Amerilards, everyone
>>
>>75057302
Not like you can't tell the difference between them
>>
>>75057302

To irritate autists.
>>
>>75057363
what happens when they play another blue team though
>>
>>75056989

Yes, because the chance that the other team would have a pink or neon green colored kit is slimmer
>>
>>75056946
Why do you always make this exact same thread when you've gotten every answer possible?
>>
>>75057015
This is unnecessarily mean desu
>>
>>75057438

These days a third kit would be used.

If not, if one of those isn't different enough for the ref, they might use a combination of shorts/socks from both kits or also have light blue shorts available. Some clubs keep on last season's away kit as a third kit.
>>
>>75057438
If the blue team is a light blue, they can wear the dark blue one. If the blue team is a dark blue, they can wear their home one.
>>
>>75057123

>YEAH EVERY TEAM DOES

What is your sample size? 10?
>>
>>75057438
did you not see the chelsea v man city game today
>>
File: steaua 86 barc.jpg (1MB, 1543x1136px) Image search: [Google]
steaua 86 barc.jpg
1MB, 1543x1136px
>when you win the European Champions' Cup in your biggest rival's colours
>>
>>75057109
I find this kit oddly pleasing
>>
owners being jews

this is bound to happen in american sports as well, just think of how much money the NFL could make of selling millions of new Brady jerseys every year.
>>
third kits are always the random experimental ones that undoubtedly get used in the biggest match of the year. there was one year that liverpool vs chelsea, or some equivalent match, was like white vs yellow

3rd kit = for money purposes, usually a gimmick. away kit = sometimes crazy, mostly just another way-off color. like real madrids pink ones last year were pretty cool
>>
>>75065212
oh it's already happening in American sports and it's disgusting
>>
>>75065212
Most NFL teams already have more meme options for their shirts, like 'colour rush', throwback, third colour, pro bowl, breast cancer awareness, military/camoflauge etc.
>>
>>75065670
>third kits are always the random experimental ones that undoubtedly get used in the biggest match of the year.

Does this actually happen or are you memeing?
>>
>>75056946
idk, tradition of european mediocrity
>>
>>75057302
What do they do when they play a team in royal blue though? Both kits clash with that color.
>>
File: file.png (409KB, 650x520px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
409KB, 650x520px
>>75073181
then they play in this monstrosity
>>
As a Chelsea fan I'm almost always disappointed with our kits because the away kit is rarely yellow any more. White ones I can deal with but I don't know why we always seem to have black ones in modern times. Yellow away kits are present throughout the history of the club and need to be used each year if I had my way. Of the Chelsea blogs and forums I browse, almost every user says the same about not caring what the away kit looks like as long as it's yellow. Leaked designs from the new Nike kits don't look promising in that regard, looks like white and black for the alternative kits yet again.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.