[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on boxing /Sp/. I want to start practicing a high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: boxing-beginners-guide1.jpg (370KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
boxing-beginners-guide1.jpg
370KB, 800x450px
Redpill me on boxing /Sp/. I want to start practicing a high impact sport and found out there's a boxing gym by my place
>>
learn how to dempsey roll
>>
enjoy your early onset dementia
>>
It's really fun, but even amateur boxing makes you stupid.
>>
Watch Floyd videos to minimize brain damage.
>>
>>75005701

Be ready to run... a lot
>>
>>75005701
getting hit in the body makes you tough, getting hit in the head makes you dumb. be smart about how much full contact sparring you do, and who you spar with. be wary of amateurs looking to beat up a new guy in order to gain confidence before an upcoming fight, this will happen to you and you will get hurt if you are not careful. Don't spar for the first month or two.

I hope you enjoy doing hours and hours of cardio every week, don't bother if you don't like jumping rope or running.

Most importantly, protect yourself at all times. Get those gloves back to your guard after throwing asap. Move your head. Your legs will ultimately be the determining factor in how effective of a fighter you are.
>>
>>75005915
>>75006311
>>75007137

you aren't going to end up a vegetable from just training and light sparring as a hobby

go for it anon, it's a great adrenalin rush and a motivation for getting in shape
>>
>>75005701
Drink water and punch harder. Also >>75005887
>>
>>75008391
This. Do these bedroom autists think they're just having constant wars in the gym?
>>
listen enjoy the gym. let everyone know there youre not trying to go amateur or anything.
dont get in poeples way if they are actually preparing for a fight. they take precedence.

just let everyone know youre there to learn and if they do want you to step in the ring tell them 50%.
if a dude is knocking the wind out of you and dropping you then goes back to do it again without offering to help with your guard or footwork then that nigger is just tee'ing off on you for sport.

>listen youre gonna enjoy the boxing training part, learning how to throw punches, head movement, jumping rope etc.
>then when it actually moves into footwork and cutting off the ring and just getting clobbered for a few rounds while you cant punch back to beef up your guard youre not gonna have fun with it anymore

it's cool though. you may like it. if I wasn't the only guys speaking english in my gym I woulda stuck with it.
>>
File: IMG_3682.jpg (540KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3682.jpg
540KB, 849x565px
>>75005701
You don't need boxing.

Learn jiu-jitsu, the number one martial art in the world. also all fights go to the ground.
>>
>>75008391
>light sparring
stop being a pussy faggot
>>
>>75009090
>all fights go to the ground.
this is 90% false
>>
>>75009090

and almost all fights use weapons and friends that jump in and kick you in the head
>>
File: IMG_3683.jpg (40KB, 463x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3683.jpg
40KB, 463x327px
>>75009481
Actualy it's true because most of my jiu jitsu friends and sensei's state this

>pic related vs boxing, is this really a competition?
>>
>>75009590
Fights IRL almost never go to the ground, and the ones that do end up with the guy on the ground getting stomped on by multiple people. That's fine if you want to learn how to play in a ring, but don't spout false information to people.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.