[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which country lives in the past more relative to sports? England

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Kevin Keegan and Johan Cruyff.jpg (27KB, 306x435px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Keegan and Johan Cruyff.jpg
27KB, 306x435px
Which country lives in the past more relative to sports? England or the Netherlands?
>>
File: Uruguay campeón.webm (2MB, 740x460px) Image search: [Google]
Uruguay campeón.webm
2MB, 740x460px
>>74928406
Uruguay
>>
>>74928431
lmao
>>
The Dutch. At least England can still qualify for world cups and be at the same level as top CONCACAF teams
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 185x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 185x144px
>>74928431
>2-1
>>
outside of football england does pretty well in sports

we've crushed it like the last 3 olympics, boxing is on the up, F1 we do well other things too

and yes england and UK are interchangeable in this case since thats how people from england would typically compete internationally in other sports
>>
>>74934418
5>2
>>
>>74934509
5>4 but point still stands.
>>
>>74934463
Clarify this shit for me so that i don't offend some Scots & Welsh in the future. I've never looked into it so i've always assumed the following;

England obviously refers to the only relevant country in the British Isles
Britain refers to the large Island containing consisting of Bongs, Wales and Trainspottingland.
U.K. is the union of all four above + NIR.

..........right?
>>
>>74934666
Yes
Great Britain: England + Wales + Scotland
United Kingdom: Great Britain + Northern Ireland
>>
>>74928406
England.
Netherlands at least reached the final in 2010 and got 3rd place in 2014.
>>
>>74928431
kek
>>
>>74928406
All sports or only football? England did pretty well in the last olympics
>>
the difference is that the netherlands fluctuate between good and absolute shit whereas england are consistently mediocre
>>
File: 1485254266261.gif (237KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
1485254266261.gif
237KB, 610x374px
Just leave me be in the 90s where it's still coming home and it's only thirty years of hurt you bully!
>>
>>74934666
>Trainspottingland
I kek'd
>>
How are we living in the fucking past you melt? Our last two world cup finishes were second and third respectively, England haven't done SHIT since they bought the Cup in 1966.

We know we're shit now. But England has been shit for a century at this point.
>>
>>74934463

having the fastest nigger or best doping doctors isn't a sport

racing is a half-sport

andy murray is scottish
>>
>>74935035
Why haven't you bought a world cup yet?
>>
Italy desu. Can't go a day without mentioning 2006 simply because the country is a fucking disaster right now and they are trying to pat each other on the back whenever they get btfo
>>
>>74928431
good old pes
>>
>>74935427
not true, every football fan in Italy is looking forward to the next generation, who looks very promising
the past is just a source of gloating
beside, >we just went through the worst italian generation since decades, probably the worst ever, and yet they still managed to reach the final of a major tournament
>>
>>74936119
I like Italian football. I wish the Serie A would return to it's former glory. The whole Barca Real and Bayern is getting boring.
>>
what do the dutch have to celebrate from the past? they literally have 1 trophy in 1988, that's it. You want to celebrate cruyff failures? it's the same as 2010
>>
>>74938510
Cruyff is my personal GOAT to be honest. Apparently the team kept falling out with each other during those two failed runs. Shame really, preamadona nobodies holding him back.
>>
>>74935035
>possibly would have won in 2010 if the team didn't chimp out
At least 2010 WC brought us Paul the Octopus and US Wins 1-1 and winning the group after England talked so much shit.
>>
>>74938774
With your finances population and infrastructure you should be aiming for a cup not the second round.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.