[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are they so cocky about football recently? they won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

why are they so cocky about football recently? they won't even make it out of the group stages lmao
>>
if we ever win a game ill probably shitpost as well

sigh
>>
>>74880176
I think it's just insecure USMNT fans.

I'm sure most of their normal fans are more moderate since they'll know that the USMNT has been a perfectly decent MNT for many years by now so there's no real reason to go crazy if they beat other perfectly decent MNTs.
>>
Are they even in a qualifying spot at the moment?
>>
They've made it out of the group stage the past two tournaments
>>
>>74880291
We're in the playoff spot against Asia. A win against Panama will put us third.

It doesn't matter though because Concacrap qualification is piss easy and despite losing the first two games, we had eight games to get more than enough points.
>>
because we know that it's nothing more than fun shitposting. We dont expect our team to get anywhere in any serious competition so any win is humbly appreciated.
>they won't even make it out of the group stages
The idea that we'll qualify is good enough.

>>74880269
This. the MNT is a fun meme that few of us are completely emotionally invested in and most of us watch for the novelty factor. I can not even begin to imagine the anxiety of being a German or Argie NT fan and being expected to consistently make the finals every WC. I guess the only comparable thing to me might be the US mens basketball team failing to win a gold at the Olympics.
>>
>>74880424
>because we know that it's nothing more than fun shitposting

This, watching England get triggered because Pulisic is en route to becoming a better English player than most in the past ten years is hilarious.
>>
The Costa Rica game was inexcusable, but the Mexico game was thrown.

No way they're letting themselves get one point in Ohio two days after Trump.

The US National Team fans are the closest thing we have to a legit soccer culture and they're in the middle of Trump country where there would be plenty of room for something awful to be said by someone to someone that makes America look even worse than it already did at that moment.
>>
>>74880424

Exactly. I think what many European and South American anons really can't wrap their heads around is our fandom is one that of cheeky and amused, flag-waving spectatorship, and not one with any lofty expectations or national hope.
For them, it's their single biggest national sport so the idea that someone could be that emotionally removed from their national team just seems aliens. Whereas for us, it's one of genuine surprise and maximum shitposting whenever we perform well because we literally aren't expecting to go anywhere past the group stage.
>>
>>74880527
>big Drumpf meanies might say something big and mean
>let's have them lose
>they definately won't be heated after that
>no way that'll make them more likely to say big meant things

You're paranoid and delusional.
>>
It's like two or three autistic hipsters. Most of the country doesn't even know that the US "men"'s soccer team is playing, let alone who they're playing.
>>
>>74880758
I do think the players threw that game, but I think its more because soccer players are mostly faggot leftys and nonwhites who probably WITH HER
>>
>>74880176
It's fun to troll bongs about how bad their soccer team is
>>
>>74880176
>taking american soccer shitposting seriously
we fall into a small handful of buckets:
1) people who follow it who know exactly how good/bad we are (very small group)
2) people who don't really care but like to shitpost, wave flags, etc.(probably the biggest group)
3) people who genuinely don't know or care at all, some of whom will still shitpost for the sake of triggering poeple like you (comparable size to group 2)
>>
>>74880758
I'm just saying, don't be autistic, most of these people are probably not autist MAGA tards and are well aware that one game is meaningless. There's a certain showmanship and diplomacy you have to show during international political situations. FIFA was founded on the traditional ideals of internationalism and cooperation, I mean just removing political memes for a second, what are a bunch of guys ages 18-34 going to think is the "right" thing to do in that situation

What is three points to Mexico, both of you are making the world cup anyways.

Don't be an autist, who they're facing, where they're facing them and when they're facing them is important.
>>
>>74880176
I do it because it's guaranteed replies from yuros every time I post a dabbing Puli. It is astonishing how angry some of you get
>>
>>74880889
Especially english people
>>
>>74880869
>>74880740
>>74880424

these. unlike Yuros, most of us are just flag-wavers and shitposters. We dont have any delusions about our team.
>>
>>74880176
It's called shitposting you retard.
>>
>>74880957
We're a top 16 team in the world, we'll get out of group stages, we may meme our way to the quarterfinals with the prospects we have coming up.

Our defense looks solid for a generation outside of GK, we probably need a better right winger and Dempsey and Bradley are both getting older but the MLS is getting stronger and Arena knows who to call up from the MLS to fill those holes.
>>
It is simple, USA sucks at soccer bc it is not played over there. They prefer to watch their dindus play apehoop or handegg. And even if their niggers started to play soccer, USA would just suck, I mean, has ever a black team leaded in soccer? White material is needed
>>
File: all american girl.jpg (55KB, 620x844px) Image search: [Google]
all american girl.jpg
55KB, 620x844px
>>74880176
>eurocks already afraid of Puligod and the USMNT
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>74880176
shitposting
but americans get too annoying with that and keep spamming Pulisic memes every time he plays; I honestly want him to become shit, I don't care about him or USA but it'd ne nice to stop the shitpost
also, they don't have a football culture like any place in Southamerica (except maybe Venezuela) or Europe, so every single win against a shit team is a huge success for them (for the NT, not for americans in general)
>>
>>74881148
There are more white people in America than any other country on the planet tho
>>
>>74880889
This lmao.
>>
File: 1429999396003.jpg (19KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429999396003.jpg
19KB, 454x453px
>>74881139
>we're a top 16 team
m8, you're one of those delusional autists were talking about. Please stop it
>>
>>74880877
>There's a certain showmanship and diplomacy you have to show
Proper sportsmanship would be actually playing the game and not throwing it.

Stop being an autist and hyperanalyzing it. What you're suggesting would be deplorable conduct by the team.
>>
>>74881184
Venezuela doesnt have a cultura futbolistica?
>>
>>74881303
they prefer baseball, not sure; they have a couple of players in Europe tho, in shitty teams but still
>>
>>74881236
I'm not saying the opposite, I'm just saying that American blacks just play apehoop or handegg, and that American whiteboys just watch dindus play their shits. Soccer is not part of American culture
>>
>>74881184
Then quit replying to bait if you want the threads to go away.

I hate "le footy lad look" threads but there is nothing I can do about it. It is guaranteed (you)s
>>
>>74881497
have you seen southamericans replying to Pulisic threads? they are 90% insecure britscum
>>
>>74881558
This. It's almost always a Euro with a chip on his shoulder replying to PuliGOD threads.
>>
>>74881558
Sometimes the obsessed Chilean and some Brazilians offer their two cents. I guess I haven't really seen Colombians in there.

Yeah it's mostly Brits and butthurt Croatians.
>>
>>74881632
Pulisic is a literally who though
>>
>>74881598
that's the worst part actually, England has a far better team than USA (player by player, cause their chemistry is terrible), has more football history and better prospects; and they are still insecure about what americans think of them; pathetic desu
>>
Why are germans so fucking boring?
no wonder muhammed is fucking your women with that type of attidude

jesus christ
>>
>>74881690
I know. On paper, England should be tearing up the scene and yet in practice, they lose to the likes of Iceland.
>>
>>74881676
Whatever you say buddy ol pal.
>>
File: uswnt-world-cup.jpg (285KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
uswnt-world-cup.jpg
285KB, 1000x600px
>>74880176
anyone with 3 world cups has a right to be cocky
>>
File: IMG_20170325_063842.jpg (285KB, 1785x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_063842.jpg
285KB, 1785x1284px
>yurocucks butthurt
>>
>>74881690
Nobody here cares, nig nog. I wouldn't have even heard of this kid if not for /sp/.
>>
>>74881700
>implying I didn't just rebait them and you fell for it as well
>>
>>74881843
Sure thing.
>>
>>74881700
>pls notice me big strong burgergods
>>
This thread is gay. I'm going to go make another Pulisic thread. Smell ya later losers.
>>
>>74881898
pls post link
>>
>>74881913
Oh sweetie, you'll have to check the catalog.
>>
>>74881938
>>74881925
found it
>>
>>74881821
>Women
Nice bait.
Also someone post roastie goalkeeper.
>>
>>74881389
Pretty true. Niggersport is all MUH ATHELTICISM, they literally arent smart enough for any tactical games. All the coaches and quarterbacks and decision makers are white.

"What if lebron played soccer" well wed be like ivory coast and fail anyway
>>
File: usawins.jpg (153KB, 700x758px) Image search: [Google]
usawins.jpg
153KB, 700x758px
>>74880957
>>74880869
>>74880957
>>74880424
These.
>>
The GOAT midfielder is on his way. Believe me yanks, this man will deliver
>>
>>74880176
They will.
>concacrap
>>
>>74880176
>why are they so cocky about football recently?

Why not?

We've won 51 straight world championships.
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (46KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
46KB, 550x633px
>>74881821
I kekd
>>
>>74881389
>American whiteboys just watch dindus play their shits
or we are too busy playing hockey, t.b.h.
>>
>>74885414
God he's garbage, I wish we had a better midfield.
>>
sport for women and children
>>
>>74885414
who
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.