[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>team A wins 2-1 at home against team B >team B wins 2-0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: doubting paperboi.jpg (30KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
doubting paperboi.jpg
30KB, 480x325px
>team A wins 2-1 at home against team B
>team B wins 2-0 at home against team A
>team A gets eliminated instead of going for a 3rd game
Damn, soccer is stupid
>>
is that you?
>>
>>74692508
what did he mean by this
>>
Team B performed better over the 2 games, and deserve to go through on the back of that.
>>
...Yes 3 goals are indeed more than 2 goals, my african american friend
>>
3 > 2

wow. whodathunk
>>
>>74692561
>>74692544
Each team won one game
>>
>>74692574
But one of them didn't win as well as the other.
>>
>>74692586
So what?

That's like saying one of them scored a nicer goal than the other, or one of them deserved it more, or one had more possession

The only real fact is that each one of them won a game
>>
>>74692611
Points are the quanta of any sport
Get more points, you win
>>
>>74692611
It's a two-legged tie. Both games are to be treated as one long game with an aggregate score you mong.
>>
>>74692621
If you win a set in tennis 6-0 and then lose 7-6 you don't win the game because you won it by a larger margin, you go to a third set

Same in literally all sports besides soccer
>>
>>74692635
Imagine Leicester didn't score the second goal yesterday

They've still advanced even when the global was 2-2
>>
I mean, it makes sense. I don't like away goals all the time, but you need to be the better team over two legs.
>>
>>74692652
the away goal was implemented to encourage teams attacking in away games as opposed to parking the bus
>>
>>74692652
that is an instance where i don't like it, would prefer extra time then penalties
>>
>>74692508
You have to go back, the wall isn't just for keeping the beans away, it's also for keeping the burgers there
>>
>>74692639
I suppose it's because it's easier to score in other sports. If you're tied in basketball, tennis, etc. you can keep going and get a winner within a reasonable amount of time because scoring is a lot more frequent.
>>
>this obvious b8 thread gets almost one response per minute, including mine

what have we become lads
>>
Soccer has these stupid rules because otherwise it turns into teams parking the bus as the guy above said >>74692683
Fundamental problem with the sport they "solve" by making multiple games essentially one game with different values for your goals depending on home/away status.
>>
File: everytime.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
everytime.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>It's a someone from the America's trying math thread...

Team A stole 2 bananas
Team B stole 3 bananas
Team B wins
>>
File: Malik_Agar_governor_2009-08-19.jpg (278KB, 550x681px) Image search: [Google]
Malik_Agar_governor_2009-08-19.jpg
278KB, 550x681px
>>74694743
Don't even bother
pic related, who you're talking to
>>
Great thread OP.
>>
>>74692574
Cool, you don't get a medal for winning a game
>>
actually what OP said isn't that absurd
it used to be this way pre-70s

the reason replays don't happen anymore is because schedules are way busier and players get much more fatigued from a game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.