[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to this guy? He was such a strong, consistent and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: henrywenger.jpg (32KB, 647x340px) Image search: [Google]
henrywenger.jpg
32KB, 647x340px
What happened to this guy? He was such a strong, consistent and tactically versatile manager during the early and mid 2000s. Is he just having trouble adapting to the current state of football? Or is he just bored?
>>
His team is full of soft, social media obsessing cunts.

Remember the invincibles and how much teams feared playing them? Look at them now. Their midfield consists of Ramsey, Xhaka, Coquelin and Oxlaide Chamberlain for fuck sake.

Years of under-investment and Wenger failing to inspire his team has ruined Arsenals name as a big club.
>>
>>74673293
he was just a Bergkamp babby all along
>>
Too many English players and not enough French ones now
>>
>>74673293
How exactly was he versatile tactically? They constantly played the standard 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 that 90% of the Premier League employed.

His strengths were conditioning, nutrition, scouting and knowledge of the French market at the time when France had their GOAT generation.
>>
When he took over Arsenal had an impeccable defense who had won the title in 91. Their problem was unnatractive football. Wenger brought in Viera to control possession and Henry to run into space.

It worked.

Since they left they hadn't won a damn thing in like 8 years constantly claiming to bring in youth.
>>
outdated tactically 12 years ago
too much authority
nobody to push him like Dein or hold him responsible
doesn't know the market or how to spot a good player 1/100th as well as his fanbois think,
all the 'I almost signed him" quotes are a testament to that
never drops trusted underperformers, never gives chances to players which aren't his favorites
doesn't like players with big egos and winning mentality (henry, viera, RVP, now sanchez)
>>
is he, dare I say it, a relic of the past? yes he is
>>
Arsenal isn't a big club, they are where they belong. If anything, Arsene is overperforming atm.
>>
>>74673584
Here's just a reminder of what Arsene Wenger's talentspotting abilities have become

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-walcott-is-developing-ahead-of-messsi
>>
>>74673616
fucking kek'd
>>
>>74673609
Arsenal were the 2nd most successful English club when he signed
>>
>>74673584
Oh, also a small number of ex-Arsenal players have complained about "ancient and antiquated" training methods.

Sounds like he doesn't do much recycling. Which makes every time he answers a reporter's question with "how many games have you coached? how many subs did you make?" even funnier.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.