[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is devoting your life to sports a good idea? You're watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is devoting your life to sports a good idea?

You're watching complete strangers achieve victories and feeling good about it instead of achieving things yourself like doing great in your job and getting a promotion or investing in stocks and making money or learning a second language or getting married and having kids or being a mentor to someone.

Sports seems like a simulation where you feel good about something when it has nothing to do with you. It requires no effort and you get nothing out of it except a high, its like drugs.

Are you really going to care that the Falcons blew a 25 point lead or the Patriots went 19-1 or Gerrard slipped when you're 70 years old?
>>
>>74669968
As if turning 70 is some great moment in your life.

People like things.
>>
I'll still be shitposting about >>96 when I'm 96 years old
>>
>>74669968
>Are you really going to care that the Falcons blew a 25 point lead or the Patriots went 19-1 or Gerrard slipped when you're 70 years old?

Not the Gerrard thing, since I don't care about povertyball, but damn right on the other.

"Having a life" and following sports aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>74669968
Sports are an escape from our shitty lives
>>
>>74669968
>Are you really going to care that the Falcons blew a 25 point lead or the Patriots went 19-1
no, because I dont care about americuck "sports"
>>
Is devoting your life to shitposting a good idea?

You're watching complete strangers get buttflustered and feeling good about it instead of achieving things yourself like doing great in your job and getting a promotion or investing in stocks and making money or learning a second language or getting married and having kids or being a mentor to someone.

Shitposting seems like a simulation where you feel good about being an ass in an anonymous situation where it has nothing to do with you. It requires no effort and you get nothing out of it except a high, its like drugs.

Are you really going to care that you got 25 (You)s in a Falcons gamethread or making fifty nine threads about how Patriots went 19-1 or Gerrard slipposting on a Romanian proxy when you're 96 years old?
>>
Cheering for laundry reminds me of the meaninglessness of life. Comfy.
>>
File: mfw legod got one for da land.jpg (227KB, 1344x634px) Image search: [Google]
mfw legod got one for da land.jpg
227KB, 1344x634px
>>74669968
There's levels to it. Getting as thoroughly involved in sports as Bill Simmons does is pretty pathetic, as he's totally living vicariously through his favorite athletes (he openly admits this). But on the other hand he also makes a lot of money doing it, so even if he really isn't doing anything he's still achieving success through not doing anything. Him, Skip Bayless, all of these other pathetic white dudes who have autistic obsessions with sports that they're no good at, they all basically get paid millions of dollars to shitpost. Which is pretty sweet but also somewhat pathetic.

I'm not that invested in sports. I follow my teams as something to keep up with a bit, and I like to watch sports as a spectacle regardless of the teams/players involved, but I don't spend my entire life 24/7 thinking about sports. As for whether or not I'll care about sports stuff when I'm older, I can't say for sure. But I can see myself shitposting about the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead from now until the day that I die.
>>
It's called balance
People need it, you cant ignore friends and school and work and family and relationships for the sake of watching or playing sports, or playing vidya, watching tv, researching something, programming computers or even lifting weights or going out clubbing. I got into sports growing up because I liked running, basketball was fun and watching or playing sports with a group of friends is fun and relaxing. So are a lot of other things that are also good for you but can't hurt you if you become obsesse d
>>
>>74669968
Every human activity is pointless if you think about it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.