[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is snooker /sp/? >yuropoor sport Probably not popular tbqh,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1200px-Snooker_table_selby.jpg (196KB, 1200x773px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Snooker_table_selby.jpg
196KB, 1200x773px
Is snooker /sp/?

>yuropoor sport

Probably not popular tbqh, mostly just a joke game among my friends
>>
File: TopEnglishAthlete.jpg (55KB, 468x469px) Image search: [Google]
TopEnglishAthlete.jpg
55KB, 468x469px
Probably the second most popular sport in England after darts.
>>
>>74637216
Why are darts players so fat?
>>
>>74637233
Their """sport""" is primarily played in bars. Beer is really fattening.
>>
File: Ted-Hankey.jpg (30KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ted-Hankey.jpg
30KB, 900x600px
>>74637233

Darts is a precision sport requiring fine motor skills.

The fat literally envelopes the nerves, like a mother holding her infant son, calming them. This allows for a higher level of play under stress.
>>
>>74637276
holy fucking shit i think this may be true
>>
there's almost always snooker threads on /sp/ during major championships; look for /147/
>>
>>74637375

Who is more popular and respected there?

Dartsmen or snooker players?
>>
>>74637388

I can't say for sure, but living in England for 6 months, a bloke told me English sports can be described in three names.

Phil Taylor, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Bobby Charlton.
>>
>>74637388
probably snooker to the general public. most of the events are on the bbc and there's kind of an aura around the snooker world championship final because it's on the sunday evening before the may day bank holiday, so it's like a national event for everyone to sit down and watch the final drag on through the night.

both are fairly popular sports and most people will have heard of a lot of the big names, but they're also "niche" sports in that they'll rarely be on the back pages of the newspapers.
>>
>>74637468
>so it's like a national event for everyone to sit down and watch the final drag on through the night.

Comfy.
>>
File: 1460176117057.png (2KB, 235x213px) Image search: [Google]
1460176117057.png
2KB, 235x213px
>ywn play snooker with a britbongbro
>>
>>74637101
>sport

It's a game, retard.
>>
>>74637749
fuck off, thirdie
>>
>>74637101
i watch snooker games on yt sometimes. kind of wish it was a little more popular here.
>>
>>74637759
>Triggered

Good. This will help you lose the folds, amerifat.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
superior version coming in

>having holes on your table

literally gay
>>
>>74637772
kill yourself, shitskin
>>
>>74637779
>Not knowing how to trigger someone from a third world country.

We are multi-ethnic, retard.
>>
>>74637792
you're perpetually triggered by your own shitty living conditions
>>
>>74637796
Lay off the beef, fatty.
>>
>>74637807
you wish you've ever had beef, thirdie
>>
>>74637816
>Thinking third world countries don't get to eat beef

Kek
>>
>>74637845
>admitting you're a thirdcuck

all i needed tbqh
>>
unironically more entertaining than basketball
>>
>>74637857
>Thirdcuck
>cuck

Projecting much?
>>
>tfw house is too small to fit a snooker table
>had to settle for fucking pool
>>
How I've always been brought up.

Pool
>Small table so just smashing the cueball and hoping for the best works
>Big open pockets so you never need to be accurate
>Heavier cues so it's easier to smash them
>Played mostly by Yanks
>Pub game. Only played when you're out on the piss

Snooker
>Massive table so smashing the ball has no effect
>Pockets that are the perfect size for a ball so precision is needed
>Lighter and longer cues so skill is actually needed

>>74637388
Certainly snooker players. I don't know a lot of people that actually care about the darts but watch and go to the events because it's a time to get insanely drunk, shout random bollocks all with your mates. It's like being at an indoor football game.
>>
>all these non yuro flag talking about liking snooker yet ain't never seen them in /147/ threads
>>
>>74638638

Play both.

12 Foot American snooker tables that Brunswick use to make in the first half of the 20th are actually a lot more unforgiving than English tables.

Two different games. Neither is really more difficult than other against good competition.

People who've only played snooker that think pool (I'm talking pool on a 9 foot table) is "easy" because they're able to sink a few balls in a row right off when they've never managed over a 20 break in snooker don't understand that making 5 or 6 balls in a row is like potting one red.

A good pool player is a threat to run multiple racks at any time. It's not uncommon for top players to trade 6 and 7 rack runs in money games.
>>
>>74638701
>Play both.

*I play both
>>
File: bing tips water.webm (2MB, 1028x580px) Image search: [Google]
bing tips water.webm
2MB, 1028x580px
>>74637504
>>74637768
If you lads are interested and chill, please come visit /147/ threads. There are threads for the majors (with the WC being the most active, of course).

>>74638638
>I don't know a lot of people that actually care about the darts but watch and go to the events because it's a time to get insanely drunk, shout random bollocks all with your mates.
Ah yes, PDC casuals. Further proof that the PDC is just a circus where there is no respect for the sports. The BDO is clearly the superior organisation where the crowd actually cares about the sport and the players.
>>
>amerifat btfo by 3rd world islander
>>
Btw, there's the Players Championship final today, lads.
>>
>>74639377

Afternoon mate, I was going to make a thread since it's on ITV4 free here.
>>
>>74639489
Howdy.
>I was going to make a thread since it's on ITV4 free here.
Alright, nice.
>>
Thread if you're curious

>>74639659
>>74639659
>>74639659
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.