[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Manchester City and Paris SG unable to achieve something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1680476_w2.jpg (82KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
1680476_w2.jpg
82KB, 656x369px
Why are Manchester City and Paris SG unable to achieve something at European level the way Chelsea did ? Look at >the fucking state of these clubs :

>Manchester City since 2008
>Spent 986M on Agüero, De Bruyne, Yaya, Bravo, Dzeko, Balotelli, Robinho, Milner, Nasri, Stones, Sagna, Clichy, Fernandinho, Sané and many more
>Best result by far : 1 (one) semi-final lost to a piss poor RM side and literally nothing else

>Paris Saint-Germain since 2011
>Spent 515M on Ibrahimovic, Motta, Lavezzi, Cavani, Silva, Luiz, Maxwell, Marquinhos, Sirigu, Di Maria, Lucas, Pastore, Verratti, Trapp, Jesé, Draxler and many more
>Best result by far : several quarter finals, the "let's knock Chelsea out of the CL" meme and losing 6-1 to Barça

Why did it work with Chelsea but not with these clubs ? It took one season for Chelsea to get to the semi-finals and eight years to win the CL. Almost ten years later City did nothing.
>>
chelsea joined the holy alliance
>>
Spineless teams and below average managers
>>
>>74627760
Watch the Chelsea final. Bayern dominated the game and Chelsea were only bailed out by Petr
>>
>>74627805
Also Didier "Clutch" Drogba
>>
>implying Chelsea didn't get incredibly lucky with their Champions League victory
The only time they could have realistically won the tournament was in 2009 when they got refballed against Barcelona, but even then United had a much better team that year so they would have lost to them in the finals.
>>
>>74627821
>>74627805
Yeah but they still had another final back in 08 and semi finals in 2004, 2009 as well. City and PSG can't compete with that.
>>
Chelsea had 4 players already with club identity.You don't just have mercs for the money,
Plus they had clutch players
>>
>>74628045
The level of non-English football has vastly increased since the mid-00s.
>>
>>74628045
also semis 2014

City got to the semis last year and I think with Pep they will be a bigger threat tha PSG
>>
>>74627760
They are missing a John Terry or Lampard. Someone who can keep them emotionally in close games. Both PSG and City crumble in close games against good teams because no one with enough charisma keeps everybody in line.
>>
Chelsea had a core of fantastic players that were recruited from a young age and genuinely loved playing for the club.
>>
>>74627760
Middle Eastern oil money who thinks the only way to solve problems is to throw large amounts of money at them.
>>
>>74627760
Love how the CL winners are supposedly "piss poor"
>>
>>74628160
>City got to the semis last year and I think with Pep they will be a bigger threat tha PSG
They seem to have an amazing striking force but, just like Barcelona this season, lack balance and their defense is dogshit (>letting Monaco scoring 3 (three) goals in your own stadium)

>>74628449
That's pretty much Chelsea's way of working though. Spending shit tons of money on Shevchenko, Deco, Torres, Filipe Luis and the likes. It didn't work for them.

>>74628396
I agree for Lampard. Terry on the other hand missed a penalty during a CL final, got sent off during the 2012 semi-final, I wouldn't call him a leader.
>>
>>74628521
Let's be honest, Real Madrid last year was not amazing at all next to MU 08, Barça 09, Bayern 13, Barça 15... They needed extra time and pso to beat Atletico players that were tired as fuck after a hard season under Simeone. Also RM got an easy way to the final, you can't deny that.
>>
File: the call that saved chelsea.jpg (64KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
the call that saved chelsea.jpg
64KB, 640x400px
>>74627760

pic related desu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.