[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there any female coaches? The role requires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

Why aren't there any female coaches?

The role requires no physical interaction so your personal strength and bone mass density doesn't matter.
>>
Can you imagine a woman giving an inspirational half time team talk when they're losing? Can you imagine a woman trying to give each player a bollocking?

Male players don't want some woman shouting at them. They'll never take her seriously.
>>
>>74559105
Women aren't just physiologically different, they're PSYCHOLOGICALLY different as well.

Testosterone has many well documented effects on the brain, making you more aggressive, more logical, etc. And men, on average, produce 20 times more of the stuff.

If a woman had the testosterone levels of a man then she'd have facial hair and a deep voice, since those are two of the effects of testosterone too. In fact if a female takes testosterone as part of a "sex change" then she will develop these very features.
>>
Can you imagine a woman being superior in sporting strategy in any way? Can you imagine a woman being qualified to comment on what men with 3X her athleticism are doing?
>>
>Its another "Insecure, emotionally neglected young men assert their threatened sense of social superiority by bashing women" thread
>>
1) They're not intelligent enough to grasp the intricacies of footy tactics and react to the rival's adjustments within few seconds.
2) Women are too emotional and sensitive, thus unable to approach setbacks from a logical unbiased standpoint.
3) They lack authority and command necessary to carry twenty young men to a common goal.
4) Women usually crack under pressure.
>>
>>74559105
women are inferior, get over it
>>
>>74559238
>3) They lack authority and command necessary to carry twenty young men to a common goal.
>4) Women usually crack under pressure.

Your mom proves this wrong every night
>>
>>74559234
Everything I said here is a scientific fact: >>74559219

Where did I bash women? I gave a scientifically true account of the differences between men and women. I didn't assign a value judgement to this - I didn't say women are better or worse than men.

But I guess you're too stupid to understand that distinction right?
>>
Because there are more men who have been playing the sport their entire lives. And with sports like football, women have never experienced what it feels like to actually play in a game, giving a coaching edge to the people who actually played.
>>
>BREAKING: Head coach Amy Smith suffers a season ending pregnancy, out for season
>>
>>74559258
>"my unscientific disparagement is founded on and justified by pseudoscience of my own support"

These threads are painfully predictable. Why do you all require so much fucking ego reinforcement anyway?
>>
aren't most nfl coach ex players?
like they had at least university careers?
>>
>>74559219
mental differences between the genders are much more complex than the testosterone you have in your blood
an ftm tranny still has a male brain

even if you're right about your conclusion, you're still spouting some bullshit
>>
Clermont have a female manager, don't they? They don't really seem to be doing any worse than before she was appointed. Though it has to be noted, that she's their second female manager, after the first quit a month or so after she'd taken the job.
>>
>>74559274
this. Who the actual fuck are you trying to fool by passing off your politically loaded argument as "science"?
>>
File: 1472851704557.jpg (149KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472851704557.jpg
149KB, 1600x900px
>>74559285
yeah, Corinne Diacre
>>
Literally no reason to hire a female coach other than for progressive brownie points.
>>
>>74559234
It's called science, genius.
>>
>>74559407
you posted just in time bro. see >>74559274
>>
File: trump laughing 5.jpg (59KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
trump laughing 5.jpg
59KB, 759x500px
>>74559274
>>74559278
>>74559293
>>74559431
Here's the evidence for my three claims:

1) That T production in men is 20x greater:
>As the metabolic consumption of testosterone in males is greater, the daily production is about 20 times greater in men.[8][9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

2) That T is associated with aggression:
>Testosterone is significantly correlated with aggression and competitive behaviour and is directly facilitated by the latter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Aggression_and_criminality

3) That T is associated with logical thinking:
>The children who had higher testosterone... have a much stronger interest in systems, in understanding how things work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE at 24:36

Please provide your evidence to counter my claims.

>>74559278
>mental differences between the genders are much more complex than the testosterone you have in your blood
Not they're not, not really. Babies that have higher testosterone levels prenatally (in the womb) have observably more masculine behaviour on the first day of life.

>an ftm tranny still has a male brain
A "male brain" is any brain that has been exposed to high levels of testosterone throughout its development. Testosterone is what causes masculine traits such as lack of empathy, more difficulty with language and social skills, a greater interest in systems, etc.

Watch this from 22:20 to see what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE
>>
>>74559327
How's she been doing? Looks like they had a bit of a spike last season, but are back to midtable Ligue 2 now.
>>
>>74559105
Young girls are taught to cook and play with dolls. Blame their parents.

Slowly we as a society are snapping out of it.
>>
>>74559105
Mostly social stigma. And there are plenty out there, if you look.
>>
>>74559437
>your 3rd source

Wait, before we proceed are you actually being serious or is this simply another episode of dedicated shitposting?
>>
>>74559445
Considering the massive amount of career women in the US and here I don't think that's solely the reason.
>>
>>74559437

So FUCKING problematic.
>>
>>74559455
Why do you think I'm not serious? The third source is a video of Professor Simon Baron-Cohen from the University of Cambridge.

He's a prominent and well respected researcher into cognitive sex differences, as well as the causes of autism and other mental conditions.

He's also the cousin of Sacha Baron-Cohen (aka Ali G, Borat, etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Baron-Cohen

>>74559472
Sorry m8.

>>74559445
Environment plays a role, for sure, but males have testicles, which causes them to produce WAY more testosterone, which affects the development of the brain (even in the womb), which causes psychological differences.
>>
>>74559437
>claim 1
no fucking shit
>claim 2
no fucking shit
>claim 3
nice """""evidence""""" you have there whimpy permacuck
stop trying to push your political agenda as science. My guess is that you are angry at women for always rejecting your autistic ass lmao
>>
not sure how increased testosterone correlating with intellect is really relevant, since there are cases of women holding jobs that are more intellectually demanding than being a coach (physicist, mathematician, etc.)
>>
File: img.jpg (152KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
152KB, 460x300px
>>74559105
Formula 1 currently has two female Team Principals.
Claire Williams and Monisha Kaltenborn.
>>
Bitches cannot lead men. Just like combat, or most of the Animal kingdom. When you ate dealing with warrior men, or alpha sports stars you need strong leadership that can garner respect, fear, or discipline. A feminist bitch in most cases is not equipped mentally, or emotionally to be get dirty. Imagine a feminist bitch in the locker room with swinging dicks in jock straps. Or if a guy farts at team practice or meeting and she would probably file a sexual harrassment suite and sink whole team. Let a bitch coach some women in inferior competition. A bitch can lead other banshees. But in most cases, not men.
>>
>>74559823
And those 2 teams are probably at the bottom ir at best middle of the pack
>>
File: BzvD1FNIEAAPcs3.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BzvD1FNIEAAPcs3.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
what if the coach is a slut that rewards the players for doing well and starve them of sexual desires if they are doing shit?
>>
Anyone got the image of a soccer coach's assistant (or whatever) who's kneeling down, helping a player, and exposing her massive bunda?
>>
>>74559679
So in your opinion scientific research isn't evidence? That's a strange position to take.

Here's more of the quotation that I took:
>The children who had higher testosterone have more difficulties with empathy, with recognising other peoples' emotions, or taking somebody else's perspective. But they also have a much stronger interest in systems, in understanding how things work. So even if you ignore what sex somebody is, and just look at their hormone levels, you can predict their pattern of interests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE @ 24:36

Here's an abstract featured on the website of the University of Cambridge's Autism Research Centre, which Baron-Cohen is the director of:
>In the Cambridge Child Development Study we have been testing if fetal testosterone, measured in amniotic fluid obtained via amniocentesis, is associated with later psychological and neural development postnatally. We have conducted studies of typical individual differences and found that fetal testosterone is inversely associated with social development, language development, and empathy; and that fetal testosterone is postively associated with systemizing, attention to detail, and number of autistic traits.
https://www.autismresearchcentre.com/project_15_foetaltst

Here's an article on the University of Cambridge website which specifically mentions the link between testosterone and empathy:
>Extra testosterone reduces your empathy
http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/extra-testosterone-reduces-your-empathy

Also:
>stop trying to push your political agenda as science
That's what leftists do when they claim ALL sex differences are down to nurture rather than nature; a claim that is completely blown apart by the scientific evidence. Of course environment shapes people, but sex differences are largely caused by biology.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x337px
>>74559892
Nvm.

Found it thanks to the lad who posted before me
>>
>>74559749
Yes there are women who hold those jobs, but at much lower levels than men, so that's why it's relevant.

I am not claiming that women are incapable of doing masculine things; obviously they're not. But in general, males are more interested in understanding systems, due to testosterone. This doesn't mean that all males are interested in understanding systems. It just means they are more likely to be.
>>
>>74559916
>But they also have a much stronger interest in systems, in understanding how things work
Is Simon Baron-Cohen the one who says all guys are slightly autistic, with that effect of testosterone being one of the reasons? Because I read something along those lines, and it might have been him.
>>
File: 1488806063215.png (641KB, 628x717px) Image search: [Google]
1488806063215.png
641KB, 628x717px
>>74559105
sure, I took west ham to an impressive 7th finish two seasons in a row with a female manager :^)
>>
Players are almost never going to respect a female coach. The only exceptions to this are teams like San Antonio, where Popovich enforces such strict discipline that none of his players would dare disrespect any assistant.

You could take Belichick's brain, put it in the body of a woman, and no player would listen to that woman.

(Europeans who don't know who that is, substitute "Ancelotti" for Belichick)
>>
>>74559234
>>74559234

lol found the roastie
>>
>>74559445

Every young girl I know (family, my own) is involved in sports. Gymnastics, martial arts, team sports, skating, tennis, etc. I don't think this stereotype has been true for a long time.
>>
File: adhom.png (178KB, 1600x1374px) Image search: [Google]
adhom.png
178KB, 1600x1374px
>>74559916
Great posts but you're supposed to reply "not an argument" to him.
>>
>>74559105
look at the guy's face lel
>>
>>74559940
I've never heard that, but it's possible he said that; he does think that autism is essentially excessively male thinking, since autism means people excessively systemise things (and have low levels of empathy); traits that are associated with high testosterone levels.

And autism itself is associated with high testosterone in the womb.

Another study from Baron-Cohen, on this particular subject:
>Children who later develop autism are exposed to elevated levels of steroid hormones (for example testosterone, progesterone and cortisol) in the womb, according to scientists from the University of Cambridge and the Statens Serum Institute in Copenhagen, Denmark. The finding may help explain why autism is more common in males than females.
http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/children-with-autism-have-elevated-levels-of-steroid-hormones-in-the-womb

>>74559945
Not necessarily true; if a woman really did have Belichick's brain then it would be a masculine brain, and men *might* learn to respect her.

>>74559977
I would rather show him the evidence that I am referring to, so that he can learn.
>>
>>74559445
>Young girls are taught to cook and play with dolls.
you wish bb
>>
they are dumb
>>
>>74559245
Are you implying his mom is servicing the Doncaster Rovers on a daily basis?
>>
File: Clémentine Touré.png (473KB, 1100x709px) Image search: [Google]
Clémentine Touré.png
473KB, 1100x709px
>>
>>74559892

That is somebodys wife, sister, or mother. Show more respect.
>>
>>74560206
is everyone named Toure in ivory coast?
>>
Muh dick
>>
>>74559266
kek
>>
>>74560329
yes

t. oure
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.