[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix this shit? >all time low in attendance >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3166.png (96KB, 996x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3166.png
96KB, 996x1024px
How do we fix this shit?

>all time low in attendance
>all time low tv viewership
>no diversity
>>
File: americans.jpg (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
38KB, 800x600px
>>74524392
This is how
>>
File: the-united-states-of-america-map.gif (378KB, 1100x704px) Image search: [Google]
the-united-states-of-america-map.gif
378KB, 1100x704px
Honestly just get rid of the franchises not in this circle. The talent is too diluted among too many teams, and these areas can't support what they have.
>>
>>74524539
damn, this looks pretty inevitable...
>>
File: 1405298363679.jpg (17KB, 353x277px) Image search: [Google]
1405298363679.jpg
17KB, 353x277px
>>74524392
>no diversity
that's more of a social and economic problem rather than a league problem. No black person is going to want to play hockey when majority of them live in the south where it never snows, are too poor to afford the equipment, and have basketball and football as cheaper alternatives. Same with hispanics with Baseball and Soccer, cheaper alternatives.
>>74524559
this. The teams that are struggling aren't big hockey markets to begin with. Removing them improves the talent pool which is floundering but of course Bettman doesn't give a shit and thinks giving a team to Las Vegas will solve everything.
>>
>>74524559
this desu. if your city doesn't consistently have snow and freezing temperatures, you should have a team.
>>
>>74524559
>discarding CGY, EDM AND VAN but keeping WPG
for what purpose
>>
>>74524559
Right? and its only going to get worse with the expansion draft for the new Las Vegas team. Red Wings are horrific to watch this year.
>>
>>74524392
>citation needed
>>
>No diversity
Sure, add diversity if you want to kill it once and for all. Literally the only appeal of hockey is the fact that it isn't overrun by niggers.
>>
>>74524392
Is that even true?
>>
There's nothing wrong with being a nish sport. These greedy Jews in office should be content
>>
>>74524559
This. Teams like Florida and Arizona shouldn't even exist. Now the retards are bringing another one to LV.
>>
>>74524871
more people watched the new Spongebob episode than they did the Flyers/Pens game
>>
File: 1458084088391.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458084088391.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>74524392
>>>74524392
>>all time low in attendance
Cheaper seats for fans.
>>74524392
>>all time low tv viewership
Good, no normies and casuals
>>74524392
>>no diversity
Who really gives a fuck?

Hockey is the best sport and always has been. The NFL destroyed itself by pandering to the majorities and turning the game into a ref-controlled meme. I've already left one sport, please don't bring that bullshit into hockey.
>>
>>74524871
no its bigger than ever
>>
>>74524868
typical hockey fan. what a good group you got
>>
>>74525008
Not even true.

If that's why he thinks the sport is great he obviously isn't a real fan. Like the people who watch only for the fights.
>>
>really enjoy the NFL and can watch both my team's games and teams that aren't mine because the season is only 16 games long

>used to watch the NBA, have kinda stopped except for playoffs because the season is too long, only a few good teams, etc

>only watch baseball if its the playoffs or if my team is playing well (A's so not likely)

>never got into hockey because no exposure to it growing up
>>
>>74524392
Hockey is boring, it's turning into the new baseball in that only oldfags care about it. Young people do not have time to follow 88 or whatever NHL games a year. We're actually doing things unlike millennials. NFL is getting more popular because it's easy to follow. So is UFC, you don't have to keep up with a team that plays 12 hours a week. Just watch some fights when you feel like it.
>>
>>74525077
>we're actually doing things

right...
>>
>>74525058
Baseball is the ultimate comfy, leave it on in the background and listen to it, sport.
>>
>>74525110
when my team is good. i would intently watch every game, not in the background. but when my team sucks, i see no real reason to watch. and forget about watching other teams games unless its the playoffs

i guess i kinda dont get the point of having a game on in the background and not paying attention to it
>>
>>74524392
They fucked up when they had a lockout. They lost their contracts with espn for games so they signed with NBC Sports which automatically means some people can't watch the games.
>>
>>74525173
>when my team is good. i would intently watch every game, not in the background. but when my team sucks, i see no real reason to watch

That is pretty fair for pretty much any sport.

For example, I never watch the Pistons anymore. Why would I waste my time watching a max contract player that shoots 30%FT and a ball hogging PG play and lose, while being coached by an SJW?

Actually, they win too much right now. They need to tank, because being mediocre is worthless.
>>
>>74524559
Only exception to this is San Jose because they have a die hard fan base
>>
>>74525266
Because there's nothing else in San Jose
Honestly I couldn't care less if the NHL grew. Hockey's big enough in Canada I can always get my fix and Americans tend to ruin shit they don't understand anyways
>>
Canadian big city governments should unironically subsidize basic skating lessons for poor kids

Aside from that, nothing, the league's going to hover around where it is, contraction isn't an option. I think the biggest realistic-ish thing they can do to change the "feel" of the league is a second toronto team
>>
>>74524392
That's not true at all
>>
>>74525310
weird thing is i worked at U Toronto and college hockey games there were so poorly attended, like 100 fans in the seats when admission is free for students. i know the talent level isn't the same as ncaa teams but i expected more interest.
>>
>>74525415
Well ya, there's like 5 levels above that.
>>
Make the league something like 24 teams. Talent is already too diluted. Being the least popular major 4 north american sport and being the first one to test the Vegas market just shows how dumb the owners are. They only want their share of the $500 million expansion fee.
Cancel vegas and delete Arizona, Carolina, the islanders, florida or tampa, Winnipeg, and one other team.
>>
File: 1471205931521.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1471205931521.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>74524392
Source me one of those claims
And stop samefagging your thread
>>
>>74525077
>Young people
>>74525077
>millennials.

Millienials aren't young people? What are you...
>>
>>74525310
Have you ever been to San Jose? It's a city with a million people that has more wealth per capita than almost any other City it's size. You think rich people like being bored? No. There's plenty to do in San Jose, but even if it was boring there's still the entire Bay Area within a 30 min car ride.

I live in Santa Cruz personally, so I'm never bored, and I'm only 30 min from downtown San Jose.
>>
yo
just keep your niggers in NBA NFL and spics in MLB

just leave us the fuck alone
white men have ONE real sport
just leave us be
let us have this ONE thing
>>
>>74525266
>>74524559
Nashville is doing fine. They have a higher attendance % than NYC, Boston or Detroit, similar average attendance to Boston and San Jose.
>>
File: shooleafs.jpg (170KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
shooleafs.jpg
170KB, 600x400px
>>74525077
>>
>>74526685

There's more black people in hockey than in NASCAR desu senpai
>>
>>74525462
Why would u delete Winnipeg, they sell out every game
>>
>>74526751
turnleft is not a sport
>>
get rid of edmonton, calgary, and winnipeg and bring those teams to seattle, portland, and houston
>>
>>74532297
Houston does not want Hockey.

tr. Houstonian
>>
>>74525378
ML$E is never going to let that happen

>>74525415
Canadian college hockey is beer league tier
>>
>>74524392
Why does it need to be fixed? I enjoy watching it the way it is. If someone doesn't want to watch it then they don't have to. What's wrong with that? Too much money/pandering ruins the sport just look at football.
>>
>>74524392
Move the Coyotes to Saskatoon

Move the Hurricanes to Quebec (City)

Move Detroit to the Western Conference

Shorten the playoffs a little. 6 teams qualify, division winners get a bye. 1st round is best-of-5.

Explore doing a sporadic Champions League-like competition with top European clubs. 2-game aggregate, one on IIHF ice one on NHL ice. Away goals in effect (should not be in soccer but w/e)

Raise the salary cap.

Get rid of the lottery.

I'm torn on Vegas. On one hand, I want to see this meme in action cause there's no pro sports competition in the city (for the first few years).
What I think will happen is the NBA will move to LV, the Golden Knights will slide, and then relocate (or dissolve if the teams are still uneven).

Move the Panthers to the GTA/southern Ontario in the next 5-7 seasons
>>
File: glow-puck.jpg (19KB, 396x223px) Image search: [Google]
glow-puck.jpg
19KB, 396x223px
G L O W P U C K
L
O
W
P
U
C
K
>>
>>74533532
A bye round would fuck up a team so bad. Just look at how teams are doing after the mandatory 5 day break this year. They almost all lose coming out of it.
>>
>>74526704
The Bruins and Rangers have sold out every game this season so I'm not sure how Nashville has a higher %. Not to mention tickets are dirt cheap in Nashville.
>>
>>74532397
>ML$E is never going to let that happen

never underestimate Ball Silly. He still has Blackberry money AND government connections (which, in this country and especially Ontario, will go a long way)

it's probably the most concentrated hockey market in the world, it has to happen.
MLSE would likely get a small stake anyway.
>>
Nobody wants to watch NHL, it's a fucking garbage waste of time for Canadians because they are good at literally nothing else
>>
>>74524392
>Move Ducks to Seattle. LA does not need 2 teams
>Add another team in Houston to further trigger Canacucks & even out divisions
>Move to a soccer type standing. 3 points for win, 1 for tie, no more gimmick out bs
>Speaking of no more bs, eliminate the trapezoid, widen the rink to conform with int'l standards & incentivize offense

t. Miamifag
>>
>>74534194
Ducks to Seattle and Coyotes to Portland
>>
>>74524559
Keep La teams, San Jose, the Vegas team, and that's about it for non snowy teams
>>
>>74524796
getting rid of the unneeded canadian fag teams

flim flams are okay, they can stay

>discarding deadmonton and hongcouver

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>74524392
we don't need you faggots watching. let us have one sport uncorrupted by the jews.
>>
>>74524559
>tfw no one will defend the Bloos

ok ; _ ;
>>
>>74535249
>3rd and 4th most valuable leaf franchises
>nothing of value was lost
>jests arent even worth half of the cantpucks
>>
>>74535306
>1st and 2nd gayest, dumbest fanbases

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>74535351
kek
kippers the smelly ching chong chink on pooicide watch
>>
File: who put you on the planet.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
who put you on the planet.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>74535225
>No bolts
>No stars
>No preds
>>
>>74524392
>no diversity
>AY YO HOL UP I AIN'T PLAYING NO WHITE CRACKA'S GAME
>SKATING ON THAT COLD ASS ICE LIKE A FAG.

there's your reason why there isn't any diversity.
>>
>>74535351
That's not Toronto and Chicago
>>
>>74524392
>tfw furpuck will die before boreball
Thank God
>>
>>74524392
>no sources
>no diversity
Swedes,Finns, Russians, Canadians, Americans and many other countries all play and contribute players to the NHL. Meanwhile American """"sports""" is Jabal and Tyreekus colliding while the only guy who can read above a 6th grade level throws the ball.
>>74536528
Why do sports that don't require eating yourself into a diabetic coma to make it interesting make some Americans so irrationally upset? Maybe the NHL should put out a food pairing guide something with nice pictures and easy to read instructions when to eat and drink since there isn't a commercial every 30 seconds. Add some extra flashing lights and a louder horn when there is a goal so you know when to look up from your buffet and clap.
>>
>>74524392
Keep moving Canadian teams to southern us cities. It'll work!
>>
Get rid of the Kings, get thr Canadia teams to get good, get the Devils, Rangers, Redwings and Bruins to get good, get more violence in the game.
>>
File: 78000.jpg (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
78000.jpg
17KB, 600x600px
>>74538144
>>
Blame NBC for being faggots, and ESPN for being even bigger faggots and having 0 rights to hockey. Basically if you want to watch hockey you better fucking have a local team, or you better tune in on wednesday nights and random days every now and then with completely random matchups. The NBA is huge because it's always on, and because it has a gigantic prescence online. Hockey players don't exist much online compared to the NBA, and the league is shit at selling its stars to America's viewers. With that said, OP isn't actually right, but you can grow the league if Gary and his retarded buttbudies stopped not knowing anything about how to grow the sport
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.