[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we/21st century/ now http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football /3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: _82601512_breakingnews.jpg (22KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
_82601512_breakingnews.jpg
22KB, 800x450px
we/21st century/ now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39157887
>The Football Association wants to test a video assistant referee system from the third round of next year's FA Cup.

The announcement came at the annual meeting of the International Football Association Board (Ifab) on Friday.

The Ifab are also reviewing the order teams take penalty shoot-outs, as there is a "clear advantage" to going first.

The meeting also confirmed that clubs will be allowed to use a fourth substitute during extra time from the quarter-finals of this season's FA Cup.

Proposals for sin-bins for yellow-card offences and rolling substitutions at lower levels of football, to be introduced from June, were also approved at the Wembley meeting.

It is a move to "encourage more people to take part" in youth and amateur leagues.
>>
video referees will be good if used right desu.
>>
Can the video ref stop the ball or do they wait until the play has finished?
I could see a manager stopping a good scoring opportunity with a bullshit video call.
>>
It might slow the game down a little here and there but it's about time.
>>
>>74473585

bullshit technology to clog up the world of football. you cant just remove the human element from refereeing and say its more fair then. cameras, too, can lie.
>>
They should only review goals to see if it was offside or not and if it was handball or not. More than that is going to slow the game too much and be easily exploitable for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>74474309
Kill yourself and die, Blatter
>>
>>74474367

you should give more effort into a diet than insulting me.
>>
>extra sub
>sin-bin leaving 10vs11
>vid refs
Death of the game, etc.

Remember when Extra Time was supposed to encourage teams to chase last minute winners? Me neither.

More bloated rules won't make teams more positive, they'll just sit back and protect what they have. No player will risk getting 'sin-binned' breaking up counters when their team is a chasing a game, they'll just stay deep.

Can just imagine Alladyce et al licking their chops about wasting video 'challenges' on bullshit to waste time too.
>>
Even with the video the decision is still based on human apreciation.
How many time journalist and viewers argue about something showed hundred times on their screen, actions that can be interpreted in so many ways depending the angle ? Video ref will be a fucking mess, the polemics will even be worse.
>>
>>74474395
You should put more effort in uncucking your country from shitskins, Abdul Steiner
>>
>>74475085

gladly. right after you fix your demographic problem, Hernandez McGillen
>>
>>74474354
>be easily exploitable
How? They actually get to make the correct call.

I'm with you on limiting it to goals and offsides/penalties, but there needs to be some system in place to punish those who dive whether it's a retroactive Yellow card given post match for the diving players or a heavy fine of let's say a percentage of the players salary that way highly paid players and minimum wage players equally feel the consequences of diving.

Something needs to be done or else the sport is going to turn into WWE real quick. And video refs are a start in the right direction.
>>
>>74475178
lol
>>
>>74475178
lol
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with video referees. As far as I'm aware, it will only be used to review major decisions (such as goals and card offenses). And even without a video referee, those sorts of events would still require the game to be stopped (so it's not like this is interrupting the game a lot more than it currently does). I don't think that managers will be able to request that an offense is looked at, only the referees will decide when they need to view the footage.
>>
based denmark
>>
>>74475054
90% of the time they argue is either because they are fans who are blind to their own team, or they need something to talk about.
>>
Sin Bin is a terrible idea
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.