[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good was this game, /sp/? Been watching NFL around 5 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

How good was this game, /sp/?

Been watching NFL around 5 years now but this is one of the best games I've seen
>>
>>74464919
Best second half of all time.

Super Bowl 34 is still the greatest game of all time for me.
>>
49 was a better game, the finish to this was somehow more incredible though. Must have watched the fourth quarter and overtime dozen times
>>
it really wasn't that good of a game
the first two and a half quarters were boring
the only good part was the actual comeback

>know people who gave up on Brady and turned the game off, missing the whole comeback
>>
>>74464919
Personally I didn't enjoy very much because I saw it coming from a mile away.
>>
>>74465077
even when it was 28-3?
>>
>>74465077
Yeah man I hate the 28 point comebacks that happen every week
>>
>>74464919
Very good if you are into watching old games should watch patriots 2001 playoffs

The raiders snowbowl game was god tier and pretty fucking comfy. Best snow game ever
>>
>>74465108
watched the highlights of the raiders game. i need to go back and watch a few more owls, too. still haven't seen steelers/cards
>>
>one sided rape fest followed by one sided rape fest followed by the game literally decided on a coin flip
zzz
>>
>>74465000
>>74465077
>>74465100
checked
>>
>>74464919

It was a better comeback than a game. Honestly not too many great plays till the last quarter. The 4th was jammed packed with amazing plays.
>>
It was by far the worst superbowl I ever watched. I'm don't really get the whole Patriots hate thing and I really liked Superbowl 49, but this one just sucked. Early on the Patriots made so many mistakes followed by uninspiring Falcons Touchdowns. Then as soon as the Patriots cleaned up their act defensively the Falcons just wilted, and you just knew they had no chance of winning once the Pats won the overtime coin flip. The only thing that would have made me love this game is if I bet on the Pats at 3/4 time. The only reason I didn't is because I thought the Falcons would be able to make enough fg attempts to close it out.
>>
>>74465100
Not him but I turned to my friend on the couch still watching the game (everyone went to the kitchen to go take shots) and said that if any team could blow it, it's the fucking falcons and all they needed was a quick score and a turnover to get the choke started.
>>
Boring as fuck for 3 quarters until Atlanta choked it away

Pretty poor desu
>>
>>74464919
I agree with these guys. Other games had better back and forth competition. This game just left me like wtf just happened? It was a weird feel.
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (50KB, 594x403px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.jpg
50KB, 594x403px
>>74464919
worst experience of my life.
>>
check out the hipsters pretending it wasn't an incredible game
>>
It's overrated because it's not like the Patriots just turned it on in the 2nd half, the falcons defense just got too tired and their offense stopped trying to win. Comebacks like this are super uncommon in the nfl but that's just due to small sample size, in college there's games much crazier than this super bowl.

>clemson/Bama natty
>kick six
>msu/michigan failed punt miracle
>cotton bowl 2015
>>
>>74464919
Pretty good as far as coinflips go.
>>
>>74470845
>Not mentioning Fiesta Bowl '07
The GOAT game in all of football.
>>
>>74465077
this. there was no reason to believe they would come back when it was 28-3 but for whatever reason i still just wasn't surprised at all.
>>
>>74465062
this is just a stupid statement

if the game was close it would be exciting the entire time

but for there to be a comeback it has to be 1 sided for a bit

you cant excitingly get down 25 points
>>
self-destructs aren't that entertaining after you've seen them a couple of times. You'd rather see two elite teams battling it out, not a 3 quarter blowout and then a 4th quarter suicide
>>
File: thiskillsthebird.png (2MB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillsthebird.png
2MB, 1200x904px
>>74464919
It's overrated, it was just the Falcons dominating for a while, then the Patriots dominating, the game was never competitive. The only good parts were the Edelman and Julio catches. Pic related is easily the best owl of all time

>those momentum shifts
>that actual down to the wire finish
>>
>>74472156
This
>>
>>74471939
I've seen The Greatriots orchestrate some incredible comebacks, so I never turned off the game, but never did I think they'd actually pull this off.

ATL looked too strong but they got gassed and everything that needed to go right for NE went right.

Unreal.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-03-17h18m43s479.png (1MB, 1280x736px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-03-17h18m43s479.png
1MB, 1280x736px
Best HT show for sure, even better than Mike's. Gaga killed it.
>>
File: 1481513959083.png (744KB, 964x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481513959083.png
744KB, 964x768px
>>74465128
>still haven't seen steelers/cards

Go do that right now.
>>
Made me realize football is fake WWE-tier bullshit
>>
It's the greatest comeback in football history and the greatest single game performance by the greatest quarterback of all time.

So yeah, it's pretty good.
>>
Biggest collapse of all time. All they needed was just another FG in the second half, but couldn't do it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.