[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time when Hodgson took Fulham to the Europa League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Remember that time when Hodgson took Fulham to the Europa League final, knocking out Shaktar, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg, stretching Atletico Madrid all the way to the 116th minute where Diego Forlan finally beat them?
>>
I'm pretty sure everyone that actually cared about it was too hammered at the time to recall it now.
>>
>John Paintsil

Used to do a lap of honour round the pitch after every game or something, absolute legend.
>>
Based Fulham, I miss them in the Prem.
>>
File: europa league 2010.jpg (179KB, 1517x756px) Image search: [Google]
europa league 2010.jpg
179KB, 1517x756px
These were the line-ups
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1000x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1000x634px
>this actually happened
>>
>>74463097
>sub out your striker in the 55th for an american
>he doesn't score
>you lose
they earned it
>>
>>74463117
that's crazy

>>74463097
that is almost unbelievable

>>74463304
>Clint Dumbsey was on the team

even more unbelievable
>>
>"British" "clubs" choking in continental level
nothing new here
>>
not really impressive given the EPL budget

Walter Smith talking Rangers to the same final in 2008 beating Panathinaoikos, Werder Bremen, Fiorentina and Sporting Lisbon is more impressive IMO
>>
>>74463117
saved
>>
>>74463427
Looking at the Rangers squad at that time, I'd agree. Hell of a run with a very average set of players.
>>
File: 1264644588397.jpg (31KB, 438x463px) Image search: [Google]
1264644588397.jpg
31KB, 438x463px
>Middlesborough were in the final of the UEFA cup eleven years ago
>>
>>74463396
What's crazier is that Juventus won 3-1 in the first leg. Dempsey essentially scored the winner to make it 5-4 on aggregate, and it was a pretty fantastic goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lwKrQYjtw
>>
>>74463956
Based Deuce is so underrated. The man had a decent season a few years back with some 20 something goals for Fulham despite them being midtable.
>>
Remember that time when Hodgson took the English National Team to the Euros knockout stage, stretching Iceland all the way to the 18th minute where Sigþórsson finally beat them?
>>
>>74463956
Reminder that Juventus are a pretty small club. Same number of European Cups as Nottingham Forest.
>>
I fucking loved that team for some reason.

>>74463427
That team was fucking awful to watch and the fact that they knocked out that ridiculously fun Fiorentina team made me irrationally angry.
>>
>>74463117
funny fact: juve won 3-1 the first match

it's pre-conte era btw, they were shit at times, they ended up seventh in serie a that year and the year after
>>
>>74463396
>he doesn't rate Dempsgod

>he thinks Landycakes was good

Kys
>>
>>74463068
Was about to request that video of the local BBC commentator commentating on a win over Juve, but I think it was actually Middlesborough.
>>
>>74463068
>the only vid of Fulham v Juve on the internet is some guy recording his TV for 2 minutes
>>
>>74463396
how do you not know dempsey was on that team? fuckin fifa pleb. are you 16?
>>
I find it much more fun when random English teams go full power in Europe giving no fucks in the league just to have an attempt at winning something. Seeing these pussy teams just trying to re-qualify for the same competition they keep getting kicked out of is getting out of hand.
>>
>>74464124
He's either a my little sawker shill or a post 2014 wc fan
>>
>>74463097
Fuck it's already been 7 years? I remember shitposting about in on Krautchan like it was yesterday.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.