[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say, hypothetically, Seattle gets an NBA team going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: FUCK.png (3MB, 2264x1508px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
3MB, 2264x1508px
Let's say, hypothetically, Seattle gets an NBA team going again. Who would be on the team and how would said team do in the NBA?
>>
>>74459099
They'll just buy and rebuild the Kings. They'll have nobody until they draft a stud and build around him.
If this happens within 2 years, I'm calling Zion Williamson to be their new star.
>>
It'd just be a bunch of blacks that can't win.
>>
>>74459099
No one. Seattle is irrelevant and will never get another apehoop team.
>>
>>74459099

durant, westbrook, and harden
>>
Is bball even popular in Seattle? Don't they like hockey or some shit like that over there.
>>
>>74460109
King County is more centered around the Hawks, but it also has a lot of OK basketball teams on the school level. Basketball would be a lot more prevalent if, ya know, we had a fucking team.
I just want my state to have a fucking NBA team again so I can get mad at people I don't give two shits about the other sports.
>>
Aren't there plans for an expansion in a couple of years that included Seattle?
>>
Las Vegas will be getting the next nba team, Silver seems pretty adamant about it.
>>
>>74460230
He can eat my hairy ass, I've been done wrong and it's time to make it right.
>>
>>74460230
Wouldn't they add two tho? To even out the conferences?
>>
What bball team do people from Seattle root for these days?
>>
>>74460303
I have no fucking idea. Cali teams?
>>
Vancouver needs a team again before Seattle. We don't care if our team sucks, it's nice having another major sport to go to besides furpuck.
>>
>>74460344
I'd rather Olympia had a team before Seattle, but that's more a matter of Olympia making the name sound better.
Also because Seattle is shit.
>>
>>74460109
No one here knows anything about hockey. I'm not even aware of any high schools that have a hockey team.

Hard to see an NHL team take off here.
>>
>>74460303
Some people just root for the Thunder, others go with the Blazers because they're the closest.

Or just do what most NBA fans do and just root for whatever team has their favorite player on it.
>>
>>74460256

they would. and they would likely move memphis east
>>
>>74460109
Nobody here really gives a single shit about hockey.

"everyone" like the Hawks, older people tend to like the Mariners, the young transplants like the Sounders.

Seattle's a pretty big basketball city, any player from here (Roy, Robinson, Crawford, Isaiah, Lavine, Wroten etc.) city are legends.
>>
>>74460426
>some people just root for the Thunder
not from what I've heard
>>
If you lose a team you shouldn't even be in the discussion to steal/get a new one for at least 25 years
Especially when you lost it because of <50% attendance
>>
>>74460175

by ok you mean the number 1 HS hoops team in the nation?
>>
>>74465269
>less than 50% attendance

I'm going to need a source on that buddy
>>
If they were to become the 31st team (i.e. not a team relocating to Seattle) an expansion draft would be held where all 30 teams will only be able to protect certain players. Still though, all teams will obviously protect their best players, so their first roster will likely be pretty mediocre. I don't know what the deal would be in regards to draft picks, maybe Silver would just give them a lottery pick with a high chance of it being top three.
>>
>OKC is going to end this season selling out every game for a decade
>people still call them "fair weather fans"
>>
>>74465596
These """people""" are salty seattle cucks that can't get over something that happened more than 8 years ago and still try and attack a city that doesn't even care about them or even make up a large enough base on 4chan to even give a shit.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>74465596

>Gifted a team
>Has 3 MVP-caliber players for multiple years
>Go to the playoffs every year
>Lose KD/Harden but still have the most exciting player in the NBA to watch
Ya those are some hardcore fans down there. Just wait until Rusty goes to LA and there's no one there lol
>>
>>74459661
You can't. Sacramento just built a new stadium. It will be at least another 15 years at Golden 1.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.