[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize the Premiere League gets its status in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1485501869125.jpg (37KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
1485501869125.jpg
37KB, 500x613px
When did you realize the Premiere League gets its status in the English speaking world because the media built around it is in our language?
>>
Wow, you've really put at least a couple minutes of thought in to this one haven't you, well done OP, good job.

You might find this applies to other thing as well if think really hard about it ;)
>>
File: stairwaytoheaven.gif (538KB, 587x404px) Image search: [Google]
stairwaytoheaven.gif
538KB, 587x404px
I too am fluent in American.
>>
>>74455919
Op destroyed
>>
It's actually because the are the only ones who take "selling the brand" seriously.
>>
>>74455891
> the way shes breaking those balls
dropped
>>
>>74456053
she can break my balls any day
>>
>>74455891
BARRRRPPPP
>>
>>74455891

>t. lel liga fanboy
>>
>>74455891
I thought she was holding the cue tip backwards for a second but it's her ho nail polish.
>>
>>74456774
La Liga is superior to Premier League
>>
>>74455891

beeeeee----aaAAAAAAAARRRRRRR, yaaaARP~~!!!
>>
>>74455891

BRRRRAAAAAPPPPPP
>>
It's because there's more than 2 teams capable of winning
>>
>>74455891
It's Premier not Premiere, is that why Americans can't even pronounce it normally?
>>
>>74455891

yeah, and?
>>
>>74455963
This is false

leliga actually completely changed their match times to be able to appeal to asian customers
>>
>>74460161
yeah and the bundesliga even added a team only to appeal to customers.
>>
>>74455891
Is she asking for it?
>>
>>74455891
yesterday
>>
>>74455891
muh dick
>>
>>74456940

Yea, who doesn't love watching the same 2 teams get fortunate breaks and calls every week?
>>
Yeah, the 100 million Arabs who all make Real Madrid and Barca two of the biggest clubs are all fluent in Spanish. If they weren't, they wouldn't be able to watch them because their games aren't broadcast in any other language but Spanish as well as all the articles about them being only in Spanish
>>
>>74455891

who is this QT patootie?
>>
>>74455891
Well yes. Also why latin americans prefer la liga teams.
>>
>>74461743
They're madrid and barca fans because those are the biggest and best clubs in the world. Language isn't relevant in that instance.
The premier league is the biggest *league* in the world because English is the world's lingua franca.
>>
>>74461838
I guess Italian must have been the lingua franca in the 90s.
>>
>>74461860
I don't remember the 90s
>>
>>74461860
The PL is big not because of quality of play, but because of global TV deals and marketing, which wasn't really a big thing back then.
>>
>>74461880
It was crazy. I had to learn Italian if I wanted to watch Parma vs Palermo on channel 4.
>>
BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
File: 1470578647561.png (561KB, 544x492px) Image search: [Google]
1470578647561.png
561KB, 544x492px
>>74455891
Wrong my burger friend. The EPlel is the most fun league to watch; that shit is like a scripted television series. Drama, action, humor, weird supporters, broken hearths and underdog angles all packed under the same roof.
>>
>>74461860
No, it was just more marketable at the time because it happened to be the best, and therefore the hottest commodity for the rapidly expanding television audience. When the market share got lucrative enough though, the dynamic got reversed and the marketability drove interest instead, meaning that fans were drawn more often to products they could consume easier than others, ergo english speakers were more likely to take an interest in the premier league, and spanish speakers to la liga, etc. With all that money driving the growth of TV deals, which in turn boosted how financially competitive those leagues' clubs could be, meant that the leagues whose primary language had fans that represented a larger market share (either by volume or by affluence) had more "purchasing power" in the dynamic of talent acquisition.

In short, Serie A used to be the best but then people started paying a lot more money to watch the sport, and not that many people speak Italitan so other leagues gained on them.
>>
>>74461780
Nah, people here are just customers. They root for the team that is winning the most (RM and Barcelona for the past 10 years). Here, nobody cared about the SPL until Ronaldinho came (the Galacticos era also contributed)
>>
>>74462145
People here is stupid. They would watch a fucking malmo matches in the swede league if a mexican was playing there. They unironically broadcasted in ESPN Granada vs Alaves cause muh
>8a
and some games like Barcelona vs atletico arent broadcast. Is fucking pathetic, a shit meme player playing in a shit not even meme team. Then the fucking PSV games. it is bullshit. Also, Rafa Marquez helped too back then.
>>
>>74460161
So did serie A with 12.30 games, but those are superficial changes that don't have a real impact.
>>
>>74463480
You're right. I was thinking about this some minutes ago
>>
>>74463480
That's because mexican nationalism holds you guys back still, although not to the extend as it was a few decades back when it was really bad and you were seen as a traitor and not allowed to be on the NT if you played for a foreign club. The nationalism is still there, it's just in a more benign form now.
>>
>>74456940
"Oh such surprise, Barca/RMadrid won again"
Stick to rugby.
Premier is better, more balanced league, more emotion, surprises can happen.
>>
>>74465529
But the last 3 seasons have been decided on the final matchday
Last season EPL was decided by 10 points and before that 8 points
>>
>>74465570
That's true tough, but i still find a common Premier game more entertaining than the typical La liga cycle
>>
>>74465803
With Barcelona and Real Madrid in such bad form really entertaining Games happen. Like Real Madrid vs Las Palmas where the ref shat on Madrid
>>
File: Eva-Carneiro--Physio-Chelsea[1].jpg (50KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Eva-Carneiro--Physio-Chelsea[1].jpg
50KB, 615x409px
>>74465570
It's different nigga. Yes, the title race is close in the Spanish Premier League, but the two candidates to win are Barcelona and Real Madrid. Literally who cares who wins?

In the EPl even the fucking sport doctor creates drama and entertainment

Also:
>You were banned from all boards for the following reason:
>Repeatedly uploading image(s) subject to a copyright infringement claim.

What?!, Aguero is now copyrighted?!?!
>>74462101
>>
>>74455891
it also was the best for 20 years
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.