[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As an American, I'm embarrassed watching handegg and players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Rugby_Player.jpg (46KB, 525x409px)
Rugby_Player.jpg
46KB, 525x409px
As an American, I'm embarrassed watching handegg and players with full body armor, compared to rugby players who have nothing

What would handegg be like with no pads? I'm sure the concussions would go down tenfold. Players would be forced to tackle with better fundamentals and not be irresponsible and launch themselves at people because they feel safe wrapped up in armor

Does rugby have any issues with concussions?
>>
>>74382274
No because they dont have those big stupid hard helmets to bang into each other's heads
>>
File: concussions.png (12KB, 241x215px)
concussions.png
12KB, 241x215px
not really
>>
>>74382274
>Does rugby have any issues with concussions?
It's not as hard hitting as American Football. Seriously, you guys think just because you have some plastic covering your body parts you can go all out.
>>
>>74382365

I forgot that Lacrosse exists. Why though.
>>
Rugby players hand it off when they're about to get hit
>>
>>74382365

Why is Women's "Soccer" so violent?!
>>
It's all about damage minimisation. The person with the ball in rugby knows very well they are the target, so anyone that goes in for the tackle you are trained to run in the direction which will minimise impact if you know you can't avoid it. It's most likely the same in grid iron except that all the players know any one can be a target, and so everyone learns to expect it.
>>
>>74382274
It's played differently. If you took the protection from Am. footballers and they played the same way, everyone would get horrubly injured. Rugby revolves around proper tackling and the laws prevent dangerous tackling. A player will now be red-carded and cited for a "tip tackle". Smashing your opponents body to pieces is part of the Am. football ethos.
>>
>>74383040

They have a chip on their shoulder about being just as if not tougher than men, heading a ball causes more damage to their dainty heads and lack fundamental spacial awareness which leads to more collisions.
>>
>>74382274
I heartily dislike those 'wrap up and fall over' tackles from rugby, for me the human missile style from American Football is much funner to watch, especially every once in a while when someone gets BTFO big time.
>>
>>74383040

To quote the great Hank Hill:

>"Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking."

More women play soccer therefore more injuries.
>>
>>74384036
That's not how rates work. Women get more concussions in soccer because they KO themselves trying to head the ball.
>>
>>74382365

>girls soccer

absolute 100% bullshit. I guarantee the actual number is less than 5%
>>
>>74382274
There is less concussions in Rugby because they shape the way the game is played to avoid them , and for good reasons because when there is accidentally head on collisions in rugby it's really fucking nasty.
>>
>>74382274
You have to be concussed to watch rugby in the first place
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.