[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should sports commentators be allowed to commentate on sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (624KB, 521x697px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
624KB, 521x697px
Should sports commentators be allowed to commentate on sports that they haven't played or at least coached at a professional level?
>>
yes
far too many ex-pro athletes are braindead, still full of themselves, and/or fucking annoying for any other answer
>>
friendly reminder that "commentate" is not a word, pleb
>>
They shouldn't have to, but it certainly helps, which is why Inside the NBA and its spin-offs are the greatest sports shows in existance.

Shaw, Chuck, Kenny and EJ are amazing together.
>>
counterpoint: reggie miller
>>
On play by play: not really, most former pro players or coaches can't really translate emotion or narrate a game properly.

On punditry: Absolutely, that should be a no brainer, the guys know this kind of stuff at a more personal level to give a better analysis.
>>
>>74343689
Try a dictionary
>>
File: seriouslynigger.jpg (21KB, 395x420px) Image search: [Google]
seriouslynigger.jpg
21KB, 395x420px
>>74343689
>the city of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51ld-scMI8
>>
the best commentary comes from coaches or former players. but they are also the source of the worst commentary, too (troy aikman and his poor mashed potato brain, john madden, joe morgan).

i would pay extra to have a commentary feed that was a former offensive coordinator and a former defensive coordinator doing analysis of a football game.

the people that do every single sport like joe buck or bob costas are just familiar faces for people who only bother to watch the big events.
>>
Vin Scully never played pro ball and he is one of if not the greatest sportscasters of all time
>>
They can, but I don't respect then unless they have played the game.
>>
They should but only when paired with a former player.
Joe Buck however should be allowed anywhere near a microphone.
>>
Yes. I never played any sports, but I know them better than any former athlete.
>>
>>74343603
>Sports commentators

LIARS AND ENEMIES OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

CONSTANTLY COVERING FAKE HOME RUNS
>>
>>74346673
>t. TYT
>>
>>74343603
Yes. In fact, only commentators that have never played a sport should be allowed to commentate. A PhD level understanding of a sport is not neccessary because commentators are not there to be a coach. I don't need Jon "fat faggot" gruden telling me the ins and outs of every little fucking thing.

Commenttors are there to communicate what happens on the field

Al>Simms>Buck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>horseshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>suicide>>>>=ESPN crew
>>
File: 54151541351354.png (473KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
54151541351354.png
473KB, 800x533px
>>74346752
HOLY SHIT How will Drumpf ever recover. Fuck white people, right?

Sidenote, why does /pol/ always bring their wrong opinions onto other boards.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.