[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EPL is getting a fourth (4th) spot in Champions League 2017-2018

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 3

File: 1487794939492.png (1MB, 1274x720px)
1487794939492.png
1MB, 1274x720px
>EPL is getting a fourth (4th) spot in Champions League 2017-2018

literally
why
>>
>americans follow sawker

literally
why
>>
>>74337473
Marketing.....
>>
well first off it's simple math which you can do yourself

second it doesn't matter since they're making the elite NFL style bullshit league with guaranteed spots and no qualifying
>>
>getting
the fuck are you talking about? the premier league has had four qualifying spots for ages
>>
Because they make more money than everyone else combined in Europe

If they ever lose that spot they'll just start the European Super League and no smaller teams will ever play it again
>>
>>74337639

I don't see that happening
>>
>>74337760
As it is now, only the top 3 leagues get 4 spots. England is in real danger of dropping to 4th on the UEFA rankings, but from next season onwards the top 4 leagues will all have 4 spots to the group stage anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>74337783
every big club wants it. I actually prefer that to the other horrible idea of guaranteeing something like 16-20 of the CL spots to specific teams and letting the little irrelevant nations battle for the rest

if they're gonna shit up the competition then they should just fuck off to another one
>>
>>74337833
As it should be, who cares about FC Traksvigen from slav shithole #2432?
>>
>>74337836
Football teams like Copenhague, Ludogorets or Red Star will never improve if they never get to face the best European teams in official competition.
>>
>>74337905
I actually agree with that. There are way too many literal who shitty teams in the Group Stages. They are all entirely pointless, just there to fight for an Europa League spot, and it actually damages their league more than it helps since those shitty teams are going to use the CL money to dominate for years.
>>
>>74337925
They will never improve if these clubs and their leagues get a massive influx of money.
>>
>>74337925
nobody in UEFA cares about them, their combined revenue probably can't pay Ronaldo's salary for a year

they're interested in TV ratings and unfortunately most people would rather watch Real - Bayern 4 times a year
>>
>>74337473
I'm not sure that a relegation team that's made it to the CL knockouts is a great demonstration of your point m8
>>
>>74337933
Thats why the lower leagues need to merge..form a super league. Its the only way they can compete.
>>
>>74337925
>Football teams like Copenhague, Ludogorets or Red Star will never improve if they never get to face the best European teams in official competition.
wrong. they'll never improve if their fa doesn't learn to market the league propably. make it attractive to get good tv deals so the clubs get money to work on infrastructure etc.
getting blown out by teams from a larger country won't help them.
>>
>>74337836

Nah, there's no room for so many matches, plus the national leagues, certainly the Spanish one, would oppose that shit.

I think the current format is alright, except the number of 3rd/4th qualified getting a free pass into the CL should be reduced to the 2 top leagues and even so they should go into the preliminary round.
>>
I think we deserve three places now desu
>>
>>74338168
>certainly the Spanish one, would oppose that shit.
what is Tebas gonna do if Real, Barca and Atleti decide to participate in a super league? Cry about it?
>>
>>74338153

The bulgarian league and etc are never going to achieve that on their own. They need the moneysand exposure the CL and EL provides to build up competition.
>>
>>74338153
most of those smaller leagues are too corrupt as it is because of the CL. One team getting to the CL hordes all the cash and fucks over everyone else.
>>
The what is getting 4 spots?
Why is a new league suddenly getting so many?
>>
>>74337925
Football teams like Copenhague, Ludogorets or Red Star will never improve?
Why should they? There are tons more accomplished teams in big leagues who provided more input, why should small teams from small countries get a piece of the output?
Every time they participate they treat it as a cash grab.
Do they sign star players? Fill a large stadium?
Interest people from around the world?
>>
>>74338254

Ban them from the Spanish League. Literally. Because every other club would justly chimp out. UEFA would bring in the banhammer as well

But like I said there's no room for 38 yuroleague games + 38 league games + cup games in a season. Not even counting NT games. That's crazy.

So not gonna happen man.
>>
>>74337473
>(you)

our relegation fodder going to win this at home
>>
We should just remove all Portugal spots and redistribute them to the top leagues tbqh
>>
>>74338323
>They need the moneysand exposure the CL and EL provides to build up competition.
This is both true and false. Yes, they need the money but it won't help them build competition and improve.
You improve by having good infrastructure, a decent youth academy and the financial base to keep at least some of your players, not by mybe making it to ro16 then dominating your league and selling your best players to the clubs that btfo'd you in the cl. as >>74338344
mentioned they're unable to go that route for the most part and this is where Fifa or UEFA need to step in which they won't because they only care about shekels as everyone nowdays.

>>74338344
that's a sad truth and those teams will not improve if that doesn't change or a big investor swoops in (though I'd prefer the first)
>>
OP BTFO

COME BACK IS ON

2-0 MOST DANGEROUS LEAD

HAHAHAHAH Lets GO LESTA
>>
>>74338472
>our relegation fodder
That's not how it works lad, they are your current champions

They aren't your relegation fodder but the best British club
>>
>>74338603
>2 points from bottom of table
>best club

'no'
>>
>>74338720
They are literally the current champions, you can't change that
>>
>>74338756
Chaponese might be one of the best teams in south america but I'm sure I could beat that team that won the trophy
>>
>>74338784
>Chaponese
Chapecoense? They won the Sudamericana, ie the South American Europa League, they are not the best of the continent
>>
>>74338603
>Constantly being blown out by other english clubs
>Best british club
I don't follow.
>>
>Premier League champions
>playing in Champions League
>headed to Championship
checks out
>>
>>74338443
You misunderstood. It's not replacing the regular league but the CL. Cl might become a 2nd tier competition
>>
>>74338541

Yes and no. You need some financial muscle (and that's where the CL/EL moneys come relevant) to build a competitive team but then also you need to, let's say, be good at football and that comes mainly with the football culture and playing style you develop.

Take at look at Sevilla f.i. None of their players is world class but they make the best out of them. And Jovetic only costed them 10M. Yet they can compete at the top level. Same with Atleti. Who was Griezmann before joining Atlético? They don't buy superstars, they make them. Then sell them for moneys (and they usually fail outside of Atleti, see Costa f.i, but that's the problem of the football culture/playing style of the buying club) and replace them with players full of potential.

You don't need a lot of moneys to build a competitive team, there are lots and lots of players out there that can give you that at a reasonable price. The trick is assembling the right team, the football culture and the playing style.

And that's why the Spanish League > all.
>>
>>74339724
>Costa
>failing
He's been great for Chelsea with the exception of the year where he fought with Mourinho, but everyone was shit that season.
>>
>>74338603
>>74338756
Being the reigning champions and being the best current team aren't the same thing.
>>
>>74337833
>England is in real danger of dropping to 4th on the UEFA rankings

NO
>>
>>74337473
I don't think the Eritrean Premier League gets any spots in the UCL m8
>>
>>74339724
How the fuck has Costa failed
>>
>>74338603
You're a goddamn moron

Look at the table now. They're fighting against relegation and even then, they made it past the group stage of the """"champions"""" league

So, OP's argument is dumb.
A team fighting relegation in the Premier League topped a group with some of the best teams from other leagues. Why shouldn't the Premier League get a 4th spot in the CL if a fucking relegation tier side topped a group?
>>
>>74337473
Because my fat friend we perform better than every other region not named Spain
>>
File: 1430262870548.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1430262870548.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>74337473
>lel liga top 3 side may actually get knocked out by a epl relegation fighting team
lel liga is truly a joke.
>>
>>74340078

Because that group was shit
>>
Celtic prove that you dont need to have a huge influx of tv and league money to be successful. Just fans who show up to games and the successful buying of potentially good players and selling them for a profit.
>>
>>74337836
Have you seen the current form of some of the "big teams", i'd rather have some fresh teams that the same stale shit every year, and with the current format they at least have to earn the spot
>>
>>74337473
>muh possession
When they won the league last year they only averaged like 45% possession over the course of the season
>>
>>74340137
>Celtic
>succesfull
>>
>>74340121
Yes, and?

Are you implying that most groups aren't shit?
Just look at the groups, there are hardly any upsets when you look at who were the top 2 of each group.
>>
>>74340384
This desu. How they haven't even won a Europa League in the last 10 years is embarrassing.
>>
>>74339331
The CL is 6 games at least and 13 at most, and is already a strain on teams not equipped for it. a European super league is still way too many games
>>
>>74341682
because they usually qualify for the Champions League. which objectively makes them way more money.
>>
>>74341892
I know that, but when they do qualify for it they do fuck all.
>>
>>74342002
well they're fucking celtic lol. they don't get tested in their league, they can't hold onto players because there's no money in their league, and they cant attract players either because it's fucking SPL. if it wasnt for the sweet CL money they're practically guaranteed every year they would probably have tried to get into EPL by now.
>>
>>74338120
>Thats why the lower leagues need to merge..form a super league

Not all of them, but I think neighboring small countries like the Netherlands and Belgium should merge leagues. Combined, that's a decent-sized domestic fanbase, much larger than Portugal's and not much smaller than Spain's or England's.
>>
>>74337473
Leicester will get punished for this because they didn't get an away goal. They will have to score at least 3 if Sevilla scores even once in the second leg.
>>
>>74343448
But they did
>>
while we're at it, why don't we just make it so cities can only have one team each, just to streamline things? why have two Manchester teams, or 3-4 London teams? surely we can just combine Real and Atletico, maybe Real Atletico?
>>
File: IMG_0520.png (67KB, 543x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.png
67KB, 543x254px
>>
>>74340088
>we perform better than every other region not named Spain

What is Germany.
>>
>>74343508
Better idea is for each city to have 0 teams
>>
>>74337487

Why not Muhammad? I thought it was the world's most popular sport?
>>
>>74343569
No. It is the worlds most popular organised sport. The worlds most popular sport is fishing.
>>
>>74343561
>Bayern winslol

Even fucking Spain is better balanced than Germany. Only place worse than Germany is Scotland where it's currently Celticwinslol. It's so boring I gave up following it.
>>
>>74342636
We do keep trying to get into the PL, the EFL teams are pussies and keep blocking any attempt by us to get in.
>>
>England, Spain, Germany and Italy to have additional spots
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3758358/Premier-League-four-automatic-Champions-League-qualification-spots-2018-19.html
I get it for England as the top 6 is becoming a mini league in itself, and the teams are getting big signings which obviously the Champions league want for advertising.

But do we really need Eintract Frankfurt, Real Sociodad and Atalanta (on same points as Inter) in the Champions league? I suppose its better than some shitty romanian or norwegian side
>>
>>74344982
Teams like Real Sociedad could probably take on the entire Romanian league 20 days in a row and be fine so I don't think it's so bad
>>
>>74344982
Atalanta would probably smash leicester and give tottenham or arsenal a hard time right now, so why not
>>
>>74344989
>Atalanta would probably smash leicester
Swansea smashed Leicester so this is no big feat
>>
>>74344982
Learn to read
>>
>>74343448

>sevilla vs leicester
>leicester at sevilla

easy mistake for an american to make. commendable knowledge of the away goals rule though.
>>
>>74345011
sorry I couldn't read what you replied with
>>
>>74344987
lol. thats not the point you goof. the point is that some team that sneaks into a top four of ligue 1 or la liga will get in by default. if a shitty romanian team could knock out sociedad over 2 legs they'd deserve to be there end of story. if sociedad get there on the back of the coefficient Real and Barca grind out every year how is that deserved?
>>
>>74345019
the soft bigotry of low expectations
>>
>>74337473
>Lester doesn't play possession football so they suck meme
It's almost like last year didn't happen
>>
The deep sea is pretty interesting tbqhf
>>
Marketing.

They know EPL has gone way up since NBC started televising the entire season, so it would benefit everyone involved if another American followed club made it into the CL, even if one of those parties would include Fox.
>>
It really is amazing how UEFA can take a competition with the best teams in the world and make it utterly joyless and boring.
>>
>>74344982

better than leicester
>>
>>74344648
>the EFL teams are pussies
Don't flatter yourselves, you'd be embarrassed in the premier league
>>
>>74337473
>literally
>why

it's based on results americuck. results.
>>
EPL teams do "poorly" in the CL because they aren't in meme leagues with literally NO competition. The week in and week out grind of the EPL wears down >our top teams so they are at about 70% of what they could be when they hit the knock out rounds in February and March.

Throw United into Serie A or la Liga and they'd win champions league 5 times a decade.

It's literally easy mode for PSG, bayern munich, Real and Barca.
>>
>>74337933

I mean, its not their fault that they managed to beat a multibillion dollar club?
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.