[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here grew up watching and playing football (soccer) and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Q5UAXpY.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
Q5UAXpY.png
43KB, 542x602px
Who here grew up watching and playing football (soccer) and now is getting tired of it? I can't remember the last time I watched a full match.
>>
sports in general are getting fucking boring and meaningless to me

i barely ever come to this board anymore
>>
>>74297601
Grew up playing Megaman Soccer was pretty comfy 2bqh
>>
>>74297601
The only good game of the year so far has been Tottenham vs Man City desu
>>
>>74297601

>mfw Falcao's new form is actually giving me reason to watch football again.

Thank you based Falcao.
>>
NBA = shit can't watch
NFL =becoming shit cant watch
MLB = on the doorstep of becoming shit
NHL is still good though
>>
used to be a huge sports fan in my early 20's, just don't care about any sports except baseball now, which I used to think was horrible

life's weird mang
>>
>>74298148
baseball is literally the most patrician sport on the planet
>>
>>74298168
most comfy 4sure
>>
File: Orange.jpg (185KB, 962x672px) Image search: [Google]
Orange.jpg
185KB, 962x672px
>>74297601
Oldfag here.

I'm sorry but I don't understand - I never get tired of watching football (English ex-pat, disregard the flag).

Personally, I think it's all in the patterns. There's something natural about them.
The lines.
>>
>>74297601
this EPLel season is better than ever
Mouyes failing
Poop failing
Klopp failing
Arselel being trash as usual
Leicester getting relegated
seeing Farcelona fail is funny
watching Penaldo being a talentless overrated hack getting carried is funny

so much memetic potential like never before
you're doing something wrong or you're depressed by something else in your life
>>
>>74297601
I've begun to replace my unhealthy obsession with sports with an unhealthy obsession with politics.

Maybe you're just finding a new hobby, nothing wrong with that.
>>
who /sports bar/ here?
>>
I just get drunk and play video games
>>
File: LCFCMeme.png (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LCFCMeme.png
167KB, 600x600px
>>74298902
We all do that famalan.
>>
>>74297601
I'm getting this way with tennis. I was obsessed with the game in HS/college, played every day, read all the magazines, constantly tinkered with rackets. Now I can't even be arsed to watch the finals of a major. I keep an eye on scores but once Fed retires I probably won't even do that.
>>
>tfw probably starting to get bored of sports
>have no friends, no gf, no other hobbies
>always used sports to just waste my life
>now i'll have nothing
>>
>>74300544
should get into firearms

buy yourself a handgun. you know, just in case
>>
I used to watch soccer games all the time in Uni, probably because I had a ton of free time and was a big introvert. Now I don't really watch anymore because it's almost predictable how a match is gonna play. CL is meh until the Quarterfinals and domestic leagues aren't enjoyable until the final third of the seasons. Only reason I love the World Cup is because back in the day I was mesmerized by Luis Ronaldo Lima and crazy shit can happen.
>>
>>74298064
>NHL is still good though

Playoffs, yes but the regular season is practically pointless and boring.
>>
>>74298064
What do you not like about these leagues?
>>
File: 1478838634775.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478838634775.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>74298544

>Disregard the flag
>>
>>74306725
>nba
>hero ball, players run the league, super teams, owners and refs obviously favor certain players

>nfl
>ridiculous amount of commercials, stupid overtime rules, changing the game every year for safety and to add more advertising

>mlb
>changing the whole game to make it faster for normies, taking away all of the physical contact in the game, 15 pitchers in one game
>>
>>74297601
It comes and goes. Sometimes I spend months without watching a game too.
>>
I watch until a team has a 2 goal lead, then leave
>>
>>74297601
>messi and donaldo are past their prime
dark days ahead of us
>>
>>74298710
>EPLel season is better than ever
You what? It's literally a one horse race
>>
>>74307917
>yuroboos
>>
i just use football as an excuse to get drunk
>>
Me famalam. I used to be obsessed with football, now I don't even know any players. I just follow some basketball (which i used to hate) and Denver Nuggets because of Jokic.
>>
>>74298710
see everyone losing like that is good for the memes, but terrible for football
>>
>>74297601
Just do something else man.
>>
>>74297640
this. wtf i didn't ask for this.
>>
>>74297601

I do.

When i was a kid, there was 1 game /month on Tv.

Once per week if you were lucky enough to have cable.

As a teen, you played Fifa 98 or 2000. No online mode, but fun anyway.

Today, you can watch 10 games per day, and play Fifa like a retard.
Fuckin shit, its not even fun and half of the players think they could become pro.

Thats why i hate 16-25 y.o now.
>>
you can indeed have too much of a good thing.

People will start getting bored of football in the next 10 years or so and the tv money will go down and hopefully teams go bust and stop spending obscene amounts
>>
Me!

The last few units of measuring time, I watched the Biathlon World Championships.
Was exciting, yay winter sports, Germany wins 7 out of 11 competitions.

Then, Champions' League is on some day. Bayern - Arsenal, an exciting match, 5:1 after all.
It bored me so much.

>>74308300
>No online mode
Do you remember playing Fifa 98 on N64 actually with a friend next to you? This was great
>>
>>74297601
When i was a kid I used to watch a lot of matches and started playing in my local team,
non i rarely watch a match except the occasional euro/ world cup in summer, instead i still enjoy a lot playing both with friends or the team
>>
As long as the NHL doesn't end up looking like the NFL or the NBA and be completely gutted with no hitting or fighting I'll keep watching.
>>
Watch ski jumping

>comfy
>memetic
>spectacular
>>
>>74308416
this desu but Germans never win at it :(
>And i thought that Wellinger could at least win one single competition and not always get worse in the 2nd round...
>>
>>74297640
This is normal when you get older
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.