[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can change one rule to any sports league, what would it be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: hjio.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
hjio.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
You can change one rule to any sports league, what would it be?

Mine is changing NHL overtime rules back to the 90's. Obsession with creating artificial outcomes to avoid ties really triggers me. Shootout loss points are probably the dumbest thing human beings have ever come up with as well.
>>
>>74255399
golden goal, play until there's a winner.

shootouts in any sport are boring.
>>
change nfl overtime
>>
make the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period 3 on 3, every game
there won't be any regulation tie games if that happened
>>
Ban zone defense in the NBA
>>
NHL point system

3 points for a regulation or overtime win
2 points for shootout win
1 point for OT/SO loss
>>
>>74255399
challenging offsides. it takes like 5 minutes to determine if the puck was a fraction of a millimeter inside/outside the zone.
it kind of ruins the "spirit" of offside. its a rule so that people dont just cherrypick behind defenders and make stretch passes all game, not some sort of millimeter, frame by frame decision.
>>
>>74255607
Good point. I agree.
>>
Get rid of the 3 on 3 overtime crap, don't make it sudden death, and allow regular season games to end in a tie.
>>
>>74255688
did you see the jets/pongs overtime? it was pretty spicy

puck out of play shouldn't be a delay of game, it should be treated like icing
>>
Bring back handchecking to the nba
>>
>>74255747
if you watched in the 90s it was pretty annoying to have the puck lifted into the seats every 30s on a pk.
Best change would be getting rid of all these chintzy calls. Let the boys hit, learn to keep your heads up kid.
That or the hybrid icing. Used to be you didn't get reamed behind the net on an icing or you'd get your ass beat a few times. Amount of sportsmanship changes I guess.
>>
M U L T I
U
L
T
I
>>
>>74255832
that's true; but it annoys me when a team is on penalty kill and is CLEARLY trying to ice the fucking puck, then they get called when it goes over the ice
it's such a bullshit penalty
>>
>>74255884
samefag but I'd appreciate the input: didn't that happen like 4 times in a row in a playoff game?
>>
>>74255490
Remove the scoring aspect, all coins all the time.
>>
Basedball, lets go back to one wildcard.

Were approaching NBA caliber where 1/2 the league makes the playoffs
>>
>>74255832
the hybrid icing pretty much needs to stay after what happened to pitkanen. his foot was broken in multiple places and his career was basically ended over a nothing play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUjqoJ1UGwM
>>
>>74255399
Eliminate OT in regular seasons and group phases (3 points for victory and 1 point for draw)
>>
NFL OT, a coin toss shouldn't determine the fucking owl.

Start on the 30 and keep going until someone fails to equal the previous score I.e. if Team A scores a touchdown, team B gets a chance to score a TD to keep the game alive. If Team A settles for 3, then Team B can win with a TD or keep it alive with 3.
>>
File: brie_dorothy.jpg (138KB, 761x506px) Image search: [Google]
brie_dorothy.jpg
138KB, 761x506px
>>74255399
Soccer
>retroactive red cards for diving
>retroactive recension of cards wrongly given
>no away goals rule
>shots off the woodwork and out are corners, not goal kicks
>>
>>74258556
>Shots off the woodwork and out are corners

Why the fuck would you reward someone for missing?
>>
>>74255399
Make the first and second rounds of the nba playoffs 5 game series. Due to how many peewee teams get in to the playoffs, it makes the first 2 rounds pointless
>>
>>74255476
Thats stupid. Games get boring when they go too long because teams become passive.

Either make it a tie or a shootout. I dont wanna stay up till 3am watching Carolina vs Vancouver.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.