[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of doing well in the league and getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 79bd00c9e1ab7e30242bc47c25689e91.jpg (180KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
79bd00c9e1ab7e30242bc47c25689e91.jpg
180KB, 1365x1024px
What's the point of doing well in the league and getting Europe spots if they are going to be a fucking disgrace in both UCL and UEL?
>>
>>74254365
$$$$
>>
the PL is easy
European football ain't
>>
>>74254365
There is nothing the can't do 2bh. That's the level of the EPLel. Arsenal got trashed and raped by Bayern, and they weren`t even trying. (two penalties wasn't given). Leicester is just meme magic.
>>
Only 1 Epl team should be allowed in Europe enough is enough
>>
cuz they've been fucking glorious in the FA Cup
just root for your team, man
>>
>>74254365
It's entirely for money. Spurs have no incentive to actually give a shit in the EL, it's funny to watch a "muh passion" manager like Pochettino allow his players to just sort of stroll around during Europa League games. It's kind of pathetic really, if I was a Spurs fan I would be furious. Klopp would never pull that shit, he runs his guys into the fucking ground even in meme cups.

More importantly, Tottenham have zero squad depth. Spurs really got going this season by switching to a 3-4-3. But their 3-4-3 only works when they have all 3 CBs (Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier), and both wingbacks (Rose, Walker). If you take two of those guys out of the equation, the whole thing falls apart. Today they were missing one of their black fullbacks and one of their belgian CBs, I don't remember which ones.
>>
Teams that do good in the CL such as Liverpool and Chelsea are crap in the league, bar this year, and can't access it.
>>
Doesn't the PL already makes more money than the Europa League? It'll probably surpass the UCL in a few years time too, so they'll have a legit excuse to not care.
>>
>>74255446
purse for winning the champions league is like 20 million dollars
for a billion dollar team, that doesn't mean shit
>>
>>74255446
Yeah, it's been that way for a long time. The difference between finishing 5th and 6th in England is unironically more than even winning the whole Europa League.

Still no excuse for Tottenham to lose to Ghent though.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>74254484
>>74255137
>>74255209
inb4 pic related
>>
>>74254365

Moneys. The EPL is like the Madagascar League with lots of moneys that for some weird reason has managed to attract a notable amount of fans. They are uncompetitive shitters that get regularly thrashed when they play at international level but they don't care because the moneys they get for participating in their Madagascar league are good enough to keep them going.

It's a curious case of a self-sustaining fraud in which the sportive drive of striving to be the best has been replaced with the financial drive of striving to make moneys for the sake of making moneys.

Tottenham is just the archetipical case.
>>
>>74255466
The prize money for winning it is between 54 and 57.2 million Euros.
Then come TV earnings which take it to 100 million and more depending on your teams market.
Add performance based income from sponsoring and the commercial stuff and it's the most valuable thing even EPL teams can win.
The prestige is priceless.
>>
>>74255842
>The prestige is priceless.
I know that already, my point is that nobody puts up a billion dollars to win 100 million dollars
>>
File: 1 Chelsea P&L 2016.jpg (491KB, 1423x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1 Chelsea P&L 2016.jpg
491KB, 1423x1600px
>>74255874
It's hugely profitable for them.
Even making it out of the group stage will get them more bang for the buck than league games.
Unless they miss out on the CL next year of course.
>a billion dollars
Pic related shows a top team spends around ~300 million pounds for all competitions.
>>
>>74254365
It's not like the Europa league is particularly prestigious tournament. Chelsea won it playing their 2nd team and even they didn't seem like they were trying
>>
>>74255294
Klopp runs his teams into the ground and into injuries with his meme pressing. look at how Liverpool have lost the fire they started with and it's only February.
>>
>>74256021
"Exceptional items"

Those people don't bribe themselves.
>>
>>74258791
That money is what they had to pay adidas to get out of their deal with them iirc
>>
>>74255501
>Play 100000 times against Barça
>Finally win ONCE against the weakest barça in years
>omg guys le stronk pl
>>
>>74254365
the point is doing well in the league
>>
>>74259212
I'll have you know Chelsea are beating Barca, the supposed "le best club team ever XD" over the past decade, on overall goal difference but also wins

https://youtu.be/xTB9SLzAtkk
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.