[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are inferior, trash clubs like Arsenal even allowed to compete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why are inferior, trash clubs like Arsenal even allowed to compete in the Champions League? The tournament should go back to how it worked decades ago, a straight knockout tournament open only the champion club of each country. Obviously, the reason must be money and FIFA greed, but it is still stupid
>>
>>74246489
Because sometimes shit like Chelsea winning ends up happening. If some bumfuck Portugal team ends up winning this year will you deny them the title of best?
>>
File: arse general.jpg (209KB, 836x621px) Image search: [Google]
arse general.jpg
209KB, 836x621px
>>74246489
Daily reminder that even back when EPL teams dominated CL, Arselel was still irrelevant

It was Chelsea, Maure and Liverpool who teared other teams apart.
>>
>>74246534
You mean the 70s? Because after that no english team has 'dominated' the champions league. It has been Italy and Spain since the 90s with an occational english winner between 2000 - 2011
>>
>>74246571
tbf, those 3 English teams were handing out severe beatings to the top teams in Europe even if they weren't ultimately winning it.They were much more ruthless than they are now, that's for sure.
>>
how many of the second legs there did they win and almost go through in? 3-0 vs milan, 2-0 bayern, 2-0 monaco.

I'm not defending them, but apart from being GOATed by messi and last night they have done OK with tough draws and almost scraped through.

plus, if you want a CL with more than 8 teams in it then arsenal are always going to be involved. I think they should never have stopped it being champions only but money won out. no going back now.
>>
tf
tp
>>74246758
this
>>
>>74246758
Generally if a team badly beats the other they relax during the 2nd leg which can cause them to lose, but generally not be in danger.

What I'm saying is that Arsenal only did better in the 2nd leg because the other teams stopped trying so hard.
>>
>>74248640
>What I'm saying is that Arsenal only did better in the 2nd leg because the other teams stopped trying so hard.

yes, that's how it works
>>
>>74246758
>3-0 vs milan, 2-0 bayern, 2-0 monaco.
Part of the Arsenal cycle where Wonga makes Arse fans think that he is getting his shit together and that maybe the following year things will be different since they'll avoid doing the same mistakes (protip: they won't)

And this >>74248640
>>
>>74248640
Is Arsenal even going to bother putting up a first team against Bayern at home? Will they just put in their B-team and focus on the PL?
>>
>>74249046

Arsenal's A-team has the quality of a B-team, so it really doesn't make a difference
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.