[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport s/cycling/2017/02/13/lan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Lance-Armstrong-following-006.jpg (17KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
Lance-Armstrong-following-006.jpg
17KB, 300x180px
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2017/02/13/lance-armstrong-lawsuit-federal-judge-denies-request/97860084/

Så Lance Armstrong will most likely be sued for a huge amount (100M$) by the US government.
Why is he being singled out?
Isn't PED's very prevalent in most televised sport in America?
>>
File: 1455423105165.gif (380KB, 200x348px) Image search: [Google]
1455423105165.gif
380KB, 200x348px
>>74214291
He's not being singled out. USPS, a government agency, sponsored him and had a clause in their contract that he wouldn't use PEDs. Given that he did, that's a violation of the contract, and they should get whatever damages the jury determines they suffered. The same thing would happen if he had other sponsors with similar clauses in their contracts with him.
>>
>>74214331
So do you think he will lose?
Will anybody else in sports dare sign sponsorship deals with the government after this?
After all it seems that in any sport anything goes if you want to win
>>
>>74214291
It's all one giant fucking illusion, this whole PED thing.

Every single top 1% athlete is on them, and most top 10% athletes. Lots that aren't even pros. Every NFL star, every soccer breakout, every tennis champ, every sprinter, every fucking gold medal Olympian.

Every single person Lance contended with, and I mean ACTUALLY contended with, used the same shit.

It's all one giant media facade. These sports wouldn't be nearly as dynamic and exciting otherwise. Same reason baseball hit peak popularity when guys jooced to the gills were slamming home runs daily. Fans fucking LOVED IT but as soon as someone got busted for PEDs normalfag fans act shocked and appalled.

The unspoken rule is, it's all fine, just don't fucking get caught.
>>
If the US government sued every American athlete using PEDs, their national debt could be paid off quite smartly.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwgH04mFKA

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
Michael Phelps
Katy Ledecky
>>
File: omon ra.jpg (63KB, 319x500px) Image search: [Google]
omon ra.jpg
63KB, 319x500px
>>74214355
>So do you think he will lose?
I doubt he suffered the $30M in damages that they claim. The jury will probably give the government something, but not close to the $30M. The reason it's tripled to $100M is because the government can recover triple damages in suits where the defendant defrauded them in some way. So whatever damages the government gets here could be tripled.

>Will anybody else in sports dare sign sponsorship deals with the government after this?
This isn't because it's the government. Anybody who had a similar clause in their contract would be sued by the sponsor. The only thing that makes the government special in this case is that they can get triple damages, as I wrote above.

I imagine it'll have no effect on sponsorship deals. They might try to negotiate for fewer of these anti-PED clauses, but that obviously looks bad.
>>
>>74214390
fags on bikes pretending their toys belong anywhere near a road with cars on it.

I wish it was legal to pelt them with fucking batteries. I hate bikers. Scum of the earth.
>>
>>74214379
>The unspoken rule is, it's all fine, just don't fucking get caught
Its not even that. He could have been caught, came clean and if he played his cards right (using muh cancer) people would have left him alone after a while. He instead chose to go full scorched earth and its backfired big time.
>>
>>74214390
Grabs the guy's door.
Fuck that self-righteous cyclist, right there.

Just because it's LEGAL to ride the roads doesn't mean it's safe or smart.

Especially a road like that.
The car was already over the line, with a cyclist coming toward him on the other side.
I'm a mountainbiker. Love riding, but I NEVER ride on roads shared by cars.
I would love to but I value my life, so I don't.
>>
>>74214429
You're exaggerating. I commute on my bike and it's fine-ish.
>>
they don't care about the endorsements. This is about cancer research. Lance raised hundreds of millions for cancer research and the government doesn't like people messing with their biggest moneymaker ... big pharma
>>
>>74214578
wew lad
>>
>Floyd Landis can earn upto 25% of the of money by being a whistleblower

wew.
>>
>>74214390

The motorist was in the right, for having a sick as fuck BMW E30.
>>
>>74214390
I've met this cunt a few times

Insufferable asshole and genuinely mentally unstable
>>
>>74214291

It's cute for them to pretend like they didn't know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.