[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He literally is the best striker of all time, right? Why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

He literally is the best striker of all time, right?
Why is this guy so underrated?
>>
>>74205791
no, Ronaldo, Romario, Batistuta, Van Basten, Gerd Muller & Hugo Sanchez were better.
>>
File: 1456688833676.png (126KB, 247x324px) Image search: [Google]
1456688833676.png
126KB, 247x324px
excuse me
>>
Ronaldo is literally him with pace and strength you dumb jap
>>
He gets underrated by FIFA and UEFA in terms of individual awards because of his disgusting behavior.

But best ever? haha
>>
Probably not even the best of the decade
>>
He's the best currently
Best of all time? Doubtful

>>74206095
>Probably not even the best of the decade
Who was better
>>
>>74206161
Milito
>>
>>74206060
>Romario
>Batistuta
>le tap in king sanchez

95-99 Ronaldo was much better than Shuares
>>
>>74205791
That's not Alan shearer
>>
>>74205791
i also think hes underrated as fuck everytime i watch this guy he delivers
just remember england uruguay
>>
>>74205791
>tfw remember him from his early Ajax days and it was painfully obvious even then he'll be elite

How in the hell no big club splashed money at him early is beyond me. Finally arrived at top club at 27 ffs. Imagine his legacy if he left for Barcelona at 22-23.
>>
>>74206179
I Think you meant to say "nolito", who plays for man city, in which case you are incorrect. That guy isn't even a striker anyways.

>argentine knowledge of sports
>>
>>74205791
He's the best of the business now. not of all time, Ronaldo was much better
>>
>>74206541
First off Ronaldo still plays. And he's a winger, not a striker.

You'd figure someone who's from the guys country would know this holy shit.
>>
>>74206548
great bait my burger loving friend
>>
>>74206552
How is this bait? Ronaldo is still an active player for Real Madrid.

Unless you're referring to him being a winger in which case he only played striker that one time where he got his In form FIFA card.
>>
>>74206575
please stop embarrassing us
>>
Peak Falcao is better than suarez
>>
>>74206504
Maybe the big clubs were afraid of another Kezman or Huntelaar for that matter.
>>
File: Ronaldo.webm (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldo.webm
1MB, 320x180px
>>74205791
that's Ronaldo
he's probably second tho
>>
>>74206613
lmao
>>
>>74206541
Exactly this.

Nazario is the best striker of all time so far.
>>
>>74206504
his agent was poop's brother when poop was training barcelona. The club was interested but poop rejected signing him because of 'conflict of interest with his brother' supposedly
>>
>>74206060
>pretending you have watched enough muller games to have an opinion
lmao
>>
>play a few years on easy mode for Barca
>people start calling you the best of all time

He's not even top 10 historically. He's in the top 3 for his generation though.
>>
>>74205791
Because hes a cannibal who bites ppl :(
>>
>underrated

Everyone who plays for Real and Barca gets overrated to the max.
>>
>>74206517
Am I whitnessing the finest banter attempt an American can perform?
>>
>>74206794
>Jonathan Woodgate
>>
>>74206517
Bait
>>
I'd say Eto'o was about as good, and Ronaldo was of course better.
>>
He is the best currently and has been the best for a little while now, but not the best of the decade let alone all time.

Still, I agree, he's vastly underrated.
>>
>>74205791
>i have been watching football for -+5 years
>______ best player of all time
stop saying that kind of bullshit please
just stop
>>
>>74206827
How does your statement even make sense?!?

So he's been the best for a while but not the best of this decade when we're 7 years in.

So who has been better 2010-2017??
>>
>>74205791
He has no marketing. When I was in europe studying I learned that from South America the only countries that can be worked with from a business perspective are
1-Brazil
2-Argentina
3-Colombia

Colombia's case is because people around the world are curious about the cocaine and drug stuff the country is famous for. That's the reason why James Rodriguez had a good world cup and got bought by real madrid out of nowhere and the same reason he was literally everywhere, newspapers, TV and internet.

Uruguay generates no interest, it's a small country that's doing pretty fine by latin america standards, which is why nothing noteworthy happens, nothing weird that you can't see anywhere else, it's a country with more cows than people, boring and useless from a marketing point of view.
How many shoes can luis suarez sell in Uruguay? 100k maybe. Now Neymar in Brazil can sell ANYTHING by the tens of millions and he's been doing so for a while.

It's the same reason why Neymar has 50 million followers in social network but Suarez has like 6

>>74206827
You're fucking retarded. In 2008 and 9 he got tired of scoring and asissting with Ajax , in 2010 he had a really good world cup, in 2011 he had an amazing Copa America(best player of the tournament) and since then he's been amazing in Liverpool, Barcelona and Uruguay.

>>74206541
Ronaldo played for like 2 years at his best and in those 2 years he didn't do anything better than Suarez.

Retards like you only watch barcelona that's why you think he's only been good for the last 3 years.
>>
>>74207384
>Ronaldo played for like 2 years at his best and in those 2 years he didn't do anything better than Suarez.

The only thing Suarez has over Ronaldo is heading. Suarez is only comparable with 2002-2004 Ronaldo, while the only modern player comparable with 1995-1999 Ronaldo is Messi.
>>
>>74206068
Ronaldo also had better technique, ball control, passing and vision. He was evolving into a playmaker before his injury similar to what Messi is today.
>>
>>74206794
And they win titles just because of luck I guess

>>74207384
>muh conspiracy against uruguay
shut up idiot, he has no marketing because he bites people and says nigger to niggers, plus the lack of charisma. Abreu was way better on that.

And all the meme Ja-James got during the last WC is the same that Uruguay had in 2010

Thinking that Ronaldo didn't do anything better than Suarez is either lying or being 9.
>>
>>74207384
>Colombia's case is because people around the world are curious about the cocaine and drug stuff the country is famous for. That's the reason why James Rodriguez had a good world cup and got bought by real madrid out of nowhere and the same reason he was literally everywhere, newspapers, TV and internet.
the reason james got signed is because madrid had 80m ready to sign suarez, who decided to join barcelona, and they didn't want to go the summer window without their super transfer so they picked up james instead, who had scored a blooter in the wc and was for sale

He was literally everywhere in the media because he had just been signed by madrid for a mountain of millions during the wc
>>
>>74207528
You've never seen him play.

>>74207679
>technique
if by that you mean useless tricks then yeah Suarez doesn't tend to do joga bonito, Neymar does that a lot though. GOATmar I guess
>ball control
have you seen how Suarez receives passes from the other side of the pitch while running and doesn't lose any speed?
>passing
yes that's why Suarez has been top in assists in the netherlands, england and spain.
>vision
Same as above, you clearly don't watch a lot of games if you say he has no vision, he leaves players alone in front of goal most of the time, there's a reason he keeps topping the charts in assists.
>>
>>74207752
hes also a pretty good looking lad
>>
>>74206060
>Gerd "tap in before it was popular" Muller

>Hugo Sanchez

t. Manolo Al-Bahir Morales Perez
>>
>>74207763
>You've never seen him play.

Clearly you haven't
>>
File: Nicolás-Chauvin.jpg (11KB, 221x279px) Image search: [Google]
Nicolás-Chauvin.jpg
11KB, 221x279px
>>74207763
Watch some games m8
>>
>>74207763
In his Inter days, Ronaldo used to go down the defense line when the keeper had the ball because he wanted to receive the ball and dictate play. Suarez doesn't do that. Seems like you're the one who never saw Ronaldo in his prime.
>>
>>74207850
>In his Inter days, Ronaldo used to go down the defense line when the keeper had the ball because he wanted to receive the ball and dictate play.
That doesn't make him good, just a retarded attention whore trying to take the role of his teammates.
>>
>>74207850
Stop lying machupichu, there's a world between doing it once or twice and the "used to". Also there was less people not defending corners or strategic plays than there is now
>>
>>74207867
Suarez is the one biting people on live TV. If anything he's the attention whore.
>>74207870
He pretty much did it in the majority of his games in his first Inter season but whatever. He wore the number 10 because Zamorano had the number 9 and he actually played like a 10 for the entirety of that season.
>>
>>74207763
Suarez is great at those things. Ronaldo was better, though.
He really was comparable to Messi.
>>
>>74208032
>he had to play as a 10 because he had that number

First season at Inter was pretty much like Barcelona, at his second one he started to play more as a second attacker, but nothing even close to organizer or mf
>>
>>74206068
>>74207679
He had better dribbling also.
>>
>>74206818
>Eto'o

what a underrated player he was.
>>
>>74207708
>Abreu was way better on that.

That's 100% true.
>>
>>74205791
he's top five:
>Fat Ronaldo
>Muller
>Van Basten
>Henry
>Suarez
would be higher if he had international success + crystanbul success and was less bitey
>>
>>74206676
He carried the entire Liverpool squad and staff.
>>
He's not even the best uruguayan player of all time lol
>>
File: 1476015219884.jpg (50KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1476015219884.jpg
50KB, 785x757px
>>74206675
>>74207775
>Gerd Müller not one of the Goats
>won Euro and WC
>3 times "champions league" winner
>4 liga titles before buyernwinslol
>top scorer in 7 seasons,while other top strikers existed
>most goals in one year
>didn't take penalty in that season
>had a ratio of 1.42 instead of messis 1.32
>hold not only the first most goals in a season but also the second and third spot
Maybe you should shut the fuck up.
>>
>>74209875
good list
>>
>>74209875
>Henry
>0 (ZERO) Balon D'ors

Lol
>>
>>74211334
if you think the poster I was replying to has watched enough muller games to have an opinion on him you're as deficient as your reading comprehension
>>
>>74211548
>Suarez
>0 (ZERO) Balon D'ors

Lol
>>
Am I the only one who rates Lewa higher than this guy? Better in every aspect of a striker's game except dribbling and biting
>>
>>74211705
Scores less
Doesn't drag the defense around even without ball leaving his teammates alone
Positioning, Isn't ALWAYS there for any kind of rebound that could happen. Can't read the defense properly unlike Suarez that gets bored of stealing balls from the defense
Dribbles less
Doesn't have field vision
Assists less

But he doesn't bite
>>
>>74211705
yes, bacalhau. you're the only one. o especialzinho. o especial one.

uruguays and portugas are so annoying desu.
>>
>>74207384
this is pretty retarded, my fellow urgayan. it's in fact a typical display of uruguayan dwarf complex.
"marekting" as you call it doesn't play such a big part on media coverage (not to mention that suarez actually does many commercials and public appearances)

the fact is suarez is a great striker today and this is pretty much indisputable regardless of the controversy he's generated, but it's only been that way for some years. when he was publically apologizing for being racist or biting people, dealing with suspensions and accusations and fights with clubs and whatnot, the likes of messi and neymar were pretty comfortable under the spotlight due to being exposed as good players much earlier in their careers and earing transfers to barcelona or whatever big club pretty much from the get-go.
>>
>>74206575
I'll take the bait.
He's talking about the Brazilian Ronaldo...
>>
>>74212280
>the likes of messi and neymar were pretty comfortable under the spotlight due to being exposed as good players much earlier in their careers

Wrong. The likes of messi and neymar were winning titles since that is the only thing that make you became goat.

>plays at liverpool
>expect to be recognized as the best striker of the world
>>
>>74212304
yeah, it's just another way to phrase it.
players who are hyped at a very young age and become starters in important teams' squads in their late teens or early 20s have a popularity headstart, and suarez in particular has struggled to make up for that since he was first transfered to europe.
>>
>>74206504
this. I even remember being a little lad and watching groningen on shit chinese streams because we didn't have the eredivisie package on tv. not even a groningen fan.

also GOAT commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvomIF0jI4
>>
>>74206067
*RING RING*

Better take that call m8
>>
>>74206652
not
>explodingknees.gif
>>
>be the best striker of the world
>have the high moment of your career as a gkeeper

only ratking can do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlL8B5tjrac
>>
>>74212872
>high moment of your career
there's still 2018 for him you know
>>
>>74212896
lmao
>>
>>74212933
we're 1 year away, and he's performing a lot better than in 2010
>>
>>74213005
Count Suarcula also had a great 2014 WC. He destroyed England single handedly.
>>
>>74206060
>Hugo Sanchez
Try strikers that didn't get their goals with a free card to use their elbows and that weren't allowed to perform dangerous play due to playing in a certain muslim team, Call of Duty kid
>>
>>74205791
le score against Norwich man
>>
>>74213005
are you saying this seriously or just joking?
>>
>>74211705
Lewa has been missing a fuckton of easy goals since the end of last season. Besides that, I would say Ratking has a way better vision and assisting.
>>
>>74213005
I can't wait. It'd be nice to see a Suarez golden boot at the WC.
>>
>>74206794
I played social football last weekend against a team that included an ex-barca player and we won 2-1, am I underrated????
>>
>>74205791
He gets less advertisement and is generally shadowed by messi for normies, doesn't help that FIFA doesn't like him so no ballon d'diva
>>
>>74211705
>Am I the only one who rates Lewa higher than this guy?
Yes. Suarez is way better.
>>
Im thinking of moving to Montevideo, would i like it urugayos? I play in a band and work in live audio, are there good music scenes? What do you do for fun?
>>
>>74213145
He scored twice that game, but what actually impressed me the most was how he almost scored twice more directly from corner kicks desu
>>
Liverpool fan here. I still miss the fuck out of him. He was the last, larger-than-life type of iconic figure (in that God/Owen/Stevie/Xabi/Torres vein) that made Liverpool such an awesome team to root for. (Klopp is OK but way too normie-friendly)

Also think Uruguay will win the next World Cup. You heard it here first desu
>>
>>74211334
Messi holds the most goals in one season and also the most goals in a competitive year record
>>
Lewandowski*
>>
Probably the second best pure poacher of all time after C. Ronaldo.

The often mentioned Ronaldo is easily one of the most overrated players along with Maradona even though both were obviously great players with succesful careers.
>>
>>74213145
He was on one knee too, had ligament surgery a couple weeks before the wc started. He had no acceleration in that game at all and was in obvious pain
>>
File: Suarez touch 2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Suarez touch 2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>74215255
>Dani Alves

I miss those days when Barca had a great RB
>>
>>74214989
Finland trying to bait
>>
>>74214870
I was talking about the top scorer record of the bundes liga for a season(where he is first/second and third).Messi obviously broke the record for most goals,but Müller had less games in his record year.
>>
>>74212933
reading american comments about football is hilarious
its like the typical cool tryhard guy at school trying to fit in
>>
>>74214220
you can fint the best beaches and bitches of southamerica
>>
Undisputed goat striker in modern football. Ronaldo would be better than him, but he only performed for like what, 3 seasons?

Also remember he carried shitty Liverpool side to almost winning the league, if one unnamed player didnt let it slip.
>>
>>74214220
i play in a band and work with music, too. don't come.
not that there isn't great music, it's just a shitty place to work
>>
>>74206652
Legit tears I can't stop laughing
>>
>>74216275
>Undisputed goat striker in modern football. Ronaldo would be better than him, but he only performed for like what, 3 seasons?

He's not even better than Henry never mind Ronaldo

>Also remember he carried shitty Liverpool side to almost winning the league, if one unnamed player didnt let it slip.

I remember him beating up on relegation fodder and then dropping off in the second half of the season. He was poor in that final run-in of games, you can't put all the blame on Gerrard.
>>
Is Suarez even playing?
>>
Top 3 today: Suarez, Lewandowski and Hazard
>>
>>74219909
yes, with your mum
>>
>op
>>
File: rectanus.png (277KB, 476x453px) Image search: [Google]
rectanus.png
277KB, 476x453px
>>74222873
holy shit #REKT
>>
I could name better strikes.

Ronaldo. Weah. RvN. Henry. Meazza, Eusebio, Di Stefano, Cruijff, Van Basten, Maradona, Shevchenko (Milan), Vieri....

In their prime they are (were) better or at least equal to Saurez. In terms of current strikers? Difficult to say. He's top class but he has arguably the two best guys to have as support you could want. Aguero is up there as well. I'm sure Sanchez at Barca, Madrid, PSG or Bayern would be scoring 30+ goals in the league every season.
>>
>OP
>>
>>74206652
holy shit. 300 pounds of pure class
>>
>>74206652
Kugelblitz
>>
File: ayy.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>74206517

Lmao

best bait evah
>>
>>74223316
Ronaldo was Beatter
Weah, RvN, Henry, Vieri and Shevchenko no
Van Basten, Meazza and Eusebio maybe but I did not saw them
Di Stefano and Maradona were not strikers.
Aguero or Sanchez....No way
>>
>>74205791

I don't even watch divegrass and I know fat Ronaldo is the best striker of all time.
>>
>>74205791
Woah woah, chotto matte Keiichiro.
He is an extraordinary good striker (probably the best one RIGHT NOW), but definitely not the best of all time.
>>
Then why didn't he score?
>>
>>74205791
Suarez is the best 9 in the world but clearly not the best striker
>>
>>74228799
who is
>>
>>74205791
>Terrorises the defences of the mighty FC Sandcastle
>Only has to turn up once every few months when he faces real competition in the CL
>Doesn't
>BOAT

Sudoku yourself.
>>
>>74215415
It's just a fact desu.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.