[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A sport that's so boring that actual fist fights are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: hockeyfight.jpg (18KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
hockeyfight.jpg
18KB, 300x258px
>A sport that's so boring that actual fist fights are an accepted component of the meta

How do hockey-fags defend this?
>>
Fights have become pretty uncommon, thankfully. Only about one in maybe every 7 or 8 games desu. Less goons and more real hockey is best for the sport. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
File: MFW Bemused.jpg (29KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
MFW Bemused.jpg
29KB, 460x259px
>>74156427
>boring

mfw your petulance is adorable
>>
>>74156439

>that flag
>that topic
>>
>>74156427
I wouldn't expect a yank to appreciate game that isn't spoonfed to you.
>>
>>74156502

literally basketball on ice
>>
>in any other sport, throwing a fist at a dude's head is an instant ejection and further suspension
>in hockey it's something that happens half the time when the whistle is blown

those aren't even the actual fights, just good ol' physical bantering between elite and muscular bros

icefight is for men, sorry pussies
>>
>>74156508

basketball with an invisible ball
>>
Same with rugby to be honest

You gotta bring some fun to the sport
>>
>>74156636
lol masculinity is fragile
>>
>>74156427
They're pretty rare. Probably one every 4 games, if that.

It's just a good way to keep faggots from going and hacking at a star player or something.

You'll get 2 minutes in the penalty box but you also might lose teeth, need stitches, and wind up on a YouTube video for life if you get rekt
>>
Im glad you guys still dont like hockey, fuck Bettman and his illuminati agenda.
>>
>>74156636
Wow, so manly and muscular

You seem to forget these "athletes" wear helmets and bodyarmors, of couse the refs would allow them to hit each other, they do no harm
>>
File: cricket.jpg (3MB, 1280x7500px) Image search: [Google]
cricket.jpg
3MB, 1280x7500px
haha great thread guys, i'm really enjoying it, but if you have some time, check this out!!
>>
>>74157716

Oh wow, the gayest way to hurt yourself.
>>
>>74157671
on ice
>>
>>74157716
>sport dominated by Comcast call center workers

No thanks
>>
>ice hockey
>boring
i don't get this
>>
Honestly fighting is pretty rare in leagues outside the NHL and in the past 10-15 years they've put larger restrictions on fighting and increased the punishment. When I used to watch (amateur) senior A hockey as a kid the players could fight, get a 5 minute penalty and then come back. So occasionally you might see two guys fight twice in one game. I remember witnessing actual bench clearing brawls. Now I play senior A and there might be a fight once every few games, but the players get ejected from the game and you can't have more than 3-5 fights per season or you can face further suspensions up to 10 games. So basically a team can't have players on the team who are there just to fight. The game has gotten arguably more physical since there is more emphasis on big hits rather than fights.

Most of the time now, the only time fights happen is when someone does something really dirty (like checking someone from behind or running the goalie), if two guys really have it out for each other (for example one of my teammates fought a guy who fucked his sister), or in an attempt to change the games momemtum (so a guy might goad another player into a fight if their team is down in hopes that him beating the shit out of the other teams player may spark something in the team).

Also, fighting is basically impossible in any minor hockey now because cages are required and the penalties are extraordinary. So kids grow up playing a game that lacks fighting, so when they move up to senior or professional levels they still don't fight.
>>
>>74157671
Gee I wonder why you have trouble seeing it
>>
>>74157671
try opening your eyes more
>>
>>74156427
it's accepted because before the 2nd world war Canadiens would literally try to murder one another with their sticks and fist fights kept attempted homicides down.
>>
>>74156427
>physically of football with the constant play of basketball
>gets played more than once a week
>objectively the hardest sport to win a championship in

Surprised more Americans don't like it, But I guess the south doesn't get enough exposure to winter activity.
>>
>watching a sport filled with minorities
>>
>>74160821
>what is lacrosse
>>
File: 1320711874983.png (337KB, 709x480px) Image search: [Google]
1320711874983.png
337KB, 709x480px
>fighting with a visor
since when has this shit become acceptable?
if you have a visor take your helmet off if you want to fight.
>>
>>74165963
It's 2 extra minutes for equipment violation. 7 minutes is a long time to sit in the box, so players usually keep the helmets on.
>>
>>74156427

Go back to watching handegg dumbass and leave the real sports to the intelligent people.
>>
I kind of hope Box Lacrosse takes off in the USA.

It's fast, high scoring, physical, and it hasn't becoming pussified...yet.
>>
>>74159123
>this flag
>this response
>>
File: stickhead.webm (427KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
stickhead.webm
427KB, 530x300px
>>74157704
This is bait. Have you ever played a contact sport in your life? No?
>>
File: Jere.jpg (186KB, 1530x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Jere.jpg
186KB, 1530x2000px
>>74156427

Only good thing left about Hockey desu, ever since the rules changes a while back it's basically a no touching power play contest
>>
>>74165963
Trieze is based, but CANNOT call bullshit ever.

Going to my first ice fight game tomorrow, Penguins @ Coyotes.

I know nothing of the sport, but the general vibe I get is that AZ will lose the game by virtue of it being an AZ team against fucking Pittsburg

(will always be salty about Super Bowl XLIII)
>>
>>74156427
>boring
Pls watch soccer noaw it's so fun
>>
>>74157671
Fucking chink >>74157691
Prout and hartnell fight every game between a division rival
>>
>>74157704
>do no harm
I seem to remember just a few weeks ago how a Finnish bust got killed on ice
>>
>>74166567
Fuck you and fuck your local teams I hope Pittsburgh burns down and the alleygayknee dries up
>>
File: eriksson.webm (2MB, 854x478px) Image search: [Google]
eriksson.webm
2MB, 854x478px
>>74166574
This is now a hockey excitement webm thread
>>
File: yotes.webm (2MB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
yotes.webm
2MB, 636x348px
>>74166567
>yotes
>>
File: 1484323585940.webm (1MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484323585940.webm
1MB, 404x720px
>>
>>74166198
it's a dumb rule. there shouldn't be any penalty for taking it off. fighting with a visor is dangerous and retarded it's like fighting with a goalie mask on. you can break your hand on the other guys visor.
>>
File: barkov_beats_padqvuist.webm (3MB, 878x492px) Image search: [Google]
barkov_beats_padqvuist.webm
3MB, 878x492px
>>
File: tip_in.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tip_in.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
>>74156439
Gary pls go.
>>
File: AAsyukian.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAsyukian.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
I don't understand how hockey could be considered boring. It's fast paced, physical, and high skill. You have to learn an entirely foreign mode of locomotion to even play.

I see why people find baseball or football boring, though I personally enjoy the suspense and tension. But hockey? How?
>>
>>74166718
cause they've never played it
the barrier to entry in hockey is higher than almost every other sport. The cost of equipment and where you live matters
>>
>>74157671
I'd say try squinting but...
>>
>>74166718
most of the world is too hot/poor to have ever seen it be played
>>
>>74166742

I suppose that's true. I loved hockey as long as I can remember, but I only ever played on the street or with just skates and a stick on the lake for those reasons. The Canadian hockey culture is probably most responsible for my initial interest.

I never played rugby and I find it difficult to get into, even though it shares many of the same criteria I mentioned.
>>
>>74166718

Most teams are mediocre to terrible. The rules aren't applied. Every coach in the league tries to find ways to stop the other team from playing hockey and scoring goals, as opposed to finding ways to allow his team's talent to outplay the opposition with offense and and goals.
>>
File: stillcounts.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
stillcounts.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>74166628
the only one i got.
>>
>>74166648

Maybe people shouldn't be fist fighting to begin with. It's a crazy concept, I know.
>>
>>74167569
Weak pussy
>>
File: lou and vince vaughn.jpg (43KB, 327x510px) Image search: [Google]
lou and vince vaughn.jpg
43KB, 327x510px
>>74157671
literally has a floor hockey puck on her flag, still doesn't understand hockey.

how do you explain that?
>>
>>74167569
Honestly we've almost crossed into too little fighting era of hockey, dirty fucks are getting away with some dirty shit because nobody is willing to drop gloves. See Shitgoblin Slewfoot Ratchand
>>
>>74166804
>defense isnt playing

Kill yourself, right now
>>
>>74166265
I wish lacrosse took over as the summer sport over football, would potentially make for more dänk 3d hoki plays
https://youtu.be/P5kmYFo7ZTo
>>
>>74156427
|t is the fastest and most dynamic of the big 4 US sports
The fights are much rarer now
>>
>>74167661
He's right though.
Fighting should have no place in team sports.
>>
>>74166804
Is this a pasta? I've never seen it before.
>>
>>74156427
>hockey
>boring
>>
File: 1437299595603.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1437299595603.png
473KB, 600x706px
>>74157704
>>>74156636
>He thinks the helmets aren't useless
>>
Hockey is easily the most fun sport to watch
>>
>>74156439
go back to watching apehoop nigger
>>
>>74166265
This. Just played a game in a men's box lax league last night. After 44 minutes of play I totaled 2 goals, 2 assists, 3 bruises, a torn up knee, and 11 hours of sleep
>>
Hockey is actually very exciting. Divegrass could learn a thing or two from hockey, like the offsides rule. Fighting would make it much more interesting. In it's current form it is a bore.
>>
>>74169579
i thourght the sterotype was that blacks are violent not whites
>>
>>74168218
Why not? Do people really hate physicality that much?
>>
>>74172756
Seeing a game in person and watching a fight as the home team is great and it feels like everyone bonds together. Even my mom looked like she enjoyed it.
>>
>>74157716
>a match lasts for five days
I don't think this semen slurping 'sport' is for me guys
>>
File: 5f4fe278e24ad8761026ba15fe34d538.jpg (127KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5f4fe278e24ad8761026ba15fe34d538.jpg
127KB, 2048x1024px
>>74156427
Leave hockey alone =(
>>
As opposed to watching nig nogs chimp out playing basketball in between FB seasons
>>
huh how come Marchand is allowed to slewfoot everyone but not get suspended from hockey???
>>
>>74177961
How come you are out of your containment thread, Kippers?
>>
>>74160821
the games don't slow to a crawl and the final quarter like basketball, but there is more going on than soccer due to speed of the game and size of the rink

the south thing is kinda true, we've only ever seen teh stars go all the way, and that was a while ago
>>
>>74166628
ahaha, oh wait, I'm a stars fan, huddler just did this ON THE POWERPLAY thursday.

>>74166648
it's mostly cuz that one player that i can't remember busted his face when he got planted during a fight, the visors have been grandfathered in, in another decade or two they might force the cages in as well

>>74167940
You know as well as I he would never fight anyone that could take him out, which is any fighter
>>
>beating the shit out of each other for no reason whatsoever is a globally accepted sport
>beating the shit out each other because a player made a foul play on your teammate isn't okay
hmmmmmm
>>
File: 543.jpg (62KB, 564x772px) Image search: [Google]
543.jpg
62KB, 564x772px
Americans ruin everything fucking stick to your shit sport whee you literally need to shovel truckloads of fast food down you throat because watching illiterate inner city youths Jabal and Dyreekus collide for 30 seconds in between the 30 minutes of commercials for the XXL Super Sale on Aerosol Canned Cheese Sponsored by Diet Pepsi is so shit that you need that boost to your glycemic index. Hockey is actually played by white people so they are able to police the game the way they see fit DayQwandrius and Jemeeqweeus aren't fit to do that just like white americans aren't fit enough to play their own sport. Fuck off.
>>
>>74165039
kek, this
>>
>>74156427
You'd only understand if you've played hockey before. On the ice people do things that really really pisses you off, things that get missed on regular tv feeds most of the time, things like subtle chops to the ankles on the spot where there's no protection, likewise on the wrists, or inbetween the padding on your shoulder pads.

Because of how fast and fluid hockey is, if there wasn't the risk of getting punched in the face a lot more people would be getting injured
>>
>>74166718

>High skill
This is the problem with hockey. It's requires one to be very proficient to excel in the sport. But compared to other major sports only a handful of players possess such skill that will leave you in awe. Most of the players are just average that most/all of the NHL teams have pretty much the same strategy when facing against opponents. Missed passes are common and displays of great stickhandling is rare.

I guess, it comes down to teams executing the fundamentals - forechecking, dumping the puck and winning it, controlling the netural zone, etc - effectively to be good. Sure watching a team that does routinely can bring enjoyment to one. As for me, this doesn't do it.
>>
>>74156427
Let's be clear. Fighting became a huge thing after the game expanded in America. No doubt there was some conspiracy to increase fights to entertain the American fans who have no reason to watch hockey otherwise. Now that the game has developed a bit more in those markets, less fans need to be entertained that way, so fighting has become almost extinct. Even when they do fight, it mostly turns into a grappling match that gets broken up quickly.
>>
wtf is op on about hokkei is the best among the 4 big american sports
>>
>>74179189
This tbqh.

White men sports can get away with aggression and the confrontations that result from aggression because we aren't savages looking to kill each other over a game.

Basketball and Football, your American past-times, are dominated by a bunch of savage black men who need to be kept in check to keep them from literally killing their opponents during the game. Like, if there wasn't a metal detector at the entrance of the stadium, those fuckers would most certainly bring in guns.

Don't get mad that Canada isn't cucked into watching non-white sports.
>>
>>74165065
Field lacrosse is fucking gay.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.