[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you redpill me on Argentinian football /sp/? Whilst travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: notwhitefootball.png (199KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
notwhitefootball.png
199KB, 600x305px
Can you redpill me on Argentinian football /sp/?

Whilst travelling last summer I was with a hot Argentinian I met who loved Boca since then I've always been interested in them but I want to know more about the other clubs like Racing, Independiente, San Lorenzo etc..

I'm confused how your league is, do you have 2 separate leagues in the summer and winter like Liga MX?

Also who do you support?

[spoiler]you can have falklands i don't give a shit don't derail[/spoiler]
>>
Where are the Argies?
>>
File: korngays.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
korngays.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>C.A. All Boys
>>
>NOB vs Colon
>>
The Pope supports San Lorenzo I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkRgJmmOhA
>>
>>74150659
>Arsenal
I didn't know that it was possible for Argentina to become even niggerer
>>
>>74150659
TUCUMÁN!! TUCUMÁN!! TUCUMÁN!!
>>
Defensa y Justicia
>>
Actually we have a 30 teams league in the first division, but it's not separated in two groups like the mexican league...teams play every other team once (either at home or away), and play one additional round against their local derby rival (or assigned match by AFA if a club doesn't have derby), completing a total of 30 rounds.

I support AAAJ
>>
>>74151414
Alcohólicos Anónimos Argentinos Juniors
>>
Will Ferro Carril Oeste become great again in the near future?
>>
>>74151442
No, they lost a decisive match with Santamarina de Tandil -2015
>>
File: tumblr_o7mu5cGQFA1rjh70yo1_1280.jpg (229KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7mu5cGQFA1rjh70yo1_1280.jpg
229KB, 1280x720px
>>7415065
The latest 'reforms' started before Grondona died and when the goverment adquire the TV rights in 2009

The current format started in 2014 when AFA fall in total chaos since Grondona was in their last days.
-1st, they increased the numbers of teams in 1st division, from 20 to 30. The 2nd Division called B Nacional* divided their 20 teams in 2 zones, the first five teams from each zone, got promoted (this happened in just 6 months)
- In 2015, the season was played with 30 teams, using the all vs all system (the normal one) and 2 teams got relegated (Crucero del Norte and Nueva Chicago) thanks to the prom. There was a special derbies matchday, were all the derbies played (still used nowadays). No teams were promoted
-In 2016, called 'transition tournament' ,played in the first semester since february until may, got split the 30 teams in 2 zones, the champions was decided in a single game ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmxyJOjnF3A ) and only one team got relegated while 2 were promoted

>Continue
>>
>>74152254
I love how everybody hated Grondona but still kept his job.
>>
>>74150659
Those badges are ugly af
Rosario Central>Gimnasia>Huracán>>>>>>>>>the rest

>>74151414
Our league hasn't had groups in over a decade I think. We just have 18 teams that play each other over 17 weeks. The best 8 advance to the playoff stage. We do this twice every year using the clausura/apertura system.
>>
File: tumblr_o7mu8iKTUs1rjh70yo1_1280.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7mu8iKTUs1rjh70yo1_1280.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>74152254
*acquired
-Then, the current season 2016/17 consist of a normal long season (like EPL but with 30 teams), still using the prom for relagation were just 2 teams are gonna be relegated
- (Not confirmed) Since the goverment doesn't want anymore the TV rights, the offers made by Turner, Fox, and TyCSports (Clarín - biggest media group) just accept televise 22 teams (11 games), that's why everybody is in panic right now since the probability of another transition tournament with >8 (eight) relegations >WITHOUT the prom system is relatively high

*B Nacional -> Currently the 2nd division, were teams not directly affiliated to AFA can play, usually teams that aren't from Buenos Aires
There are two 3rd division: the one for clubs from Buenos Aires called B Metropolitana and those from other provinces of Argentina, called Torneo Federal A

There're some fucked up things going on right now, the football should begin this weekend but some disagreements with the B Nacional's clubs obligated AFA to delay the start. I think that's all, sorry if you've read this like if it was written for some native
>>
>>74150659
It sucks.
>>
Serious question: why can't South Americans just play one season of about 40 games a year?

I kind of understand Brazil having the state leagues for a few months and then the national league, it's a huge country. I don't get the Apertura and Closura thing, is it so Globo TV or whoever always have football to show?

I remember when there was all the crap with three-season points averages and River Plate still managing to get relegated.
>>
>>74152579
>Serious question: why can't South Americans just play one season of about 40 games a year?
I think they do. Playoff system usually means more games and money for the clubs and TV companies, also gives a false-sense of parity.

>I don't get the Apertura and Clausura thing,
Basically what happens in Germany with the "winter champions" before the winter break except here counts like an actual league title. Here in Mexico Clausura runs from January to May and Apertura from July to December.

But yeah, leagues here are managed to make the biggest profit possible.
>>
>>74152579
Some people believe that if we made a league based on points it would become boring, therefore they made a playoff system for the best 8. In my opinion that only promotes quick results and uncompetitive irregular teams.
>>
File: palacio.jpg (232KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
palacio.jpg
232KB, 1200x675px
>>74152341
grande globo
>>
Lifelong Atletico Tucumán fan here, partner
>>
>>74152444
>government
>implying not only >Macri government
>>
>>74150659
For me is Gimnasia y Esgrima
>>
>>74152579
>Serious question: why can't South Americans just play one season of about 40 games a year?

We did, a few years back, but then we divided the regular european season in two to increase income but the schedule worked the same.

The thing, there are two different calendars and different reasons to follow them:

Annual calendar
PRO You are going to be synchronized with the continental tournaments, which also follow the annual calendar.
CON The european calendar starts in the middle of the annual season, so you have to take smart choices in the transfer window, either losing your main players at half the tournament or barely making any moves in the winter

European calendar
PRO You can easily manage your transfer with the european clubs, not worrying about losing your keys players in middle of the tournament.
CON You have to think a way to classifying teams to international tournaments in the middle of a tournament. That's why some countries decided to have Clausura and Apertura, so the mid-season winner and runner up can get into the starting continental cups
>>
>>74153603
Being close to the gringos can really fuck you up
>>
>>74152295
Who was going to kick him out, our own government? you remember he was FIFA vice president too right?

It would have been instantaneous ban for Argentina in any international tournament they were at the moment.
>>
>>74156862
well, yes, he's the president after all, though he tried to put some guy called Armando Perez to 'regulate' the situation and this guy is corrupt as Grondona was and Angelici, the current Boca's president and closest Macri's ally, is in serious problems for fixing matches, like Boca v Velez play-off for the Libertadores 2015 because somebody has been leaking phone calls between him and important people from AFA and refeere's association.
Anyway, that doesn't mean he's the only one to do this, there might be some other leak the next days and all this, because AFA didn't accept TyCSports-Clarín offer for the TV Rights
>>
How come Argentines grasp English so much better than their Spanish brothers?
>>
File: 1482626244338.jpg (724KB, 914x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1482626244338.jpg
724KB, 914x1026px
I support River Plate. There have been wild ups and downs with that team in the 2010s, including relegation, promotion, winning international trophies, etc.

Just follow the big market teams, with 30 teams in the first division, you'll have a hard time caring for most of them.

>I'm confused how your league is, do you have 2 separate leagues in the summer and winter like Liga MX?

We used to do the Apertura and Clausura format like them.

Now it's a shit format that people hardly keep up with as far as changes go. You play everyone once and there's a derby day, for a total of 30 fixtures.

If you want to root for an underdog side, try Talleres (de Cordoba), they recently got promoted and are doing okay in the season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Argentine_Primera_Divisi%C3%B3n

btw, San Lorenzo was a meme team that won the biggest farce of a Copa Libertadores ever a few years ago. They had the easiest bracket possible and the final felt like a friendly.

>>74163084
A few English words made it into our vocabulary.
>>
>>74163176
>I support River Plate.
>btw, San Lorenzo was a meme team that won the biggest farce of a Copa Libertadores ever a few years ago. They had the easiest bracket possible and the final felt like a friendly.

San Lorenzo kicked out 3 brazilian teams in a row, including back to back champions Cruzeiro and were undefeated at home the whole tournament. River struggles to qualify in a group with fucking bolivians, peruvians and mexicans, "wins" an unconcluded series 1-0, Guarani and mexicans again. What a coincidence, the only match they actually stand up was against Cruzeiro, the same team San Lorenzo defeated (unbeaten unlike River) in their "easiest" brackets possible.

Big Five fans are delusional as hell
>>
>>74163084
Our retards are lurking in the 4chan+reddit bootleg aka Taringa.
Their young minds can't handle a website like 4chan where they are not the popular kids
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.