[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Also did anyone on here actually watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What went wrong? Also did anyone on here actually watch it when it was on?
>>
>>74143325
Unlike wrestling matches, you can't script football games for maximum memes and drama. At the end of the day, underneath all the pomp and circumstance, all you had was mediocre football that no one wanted to watch.
>>
No but my dad owns a couple xfl t-shirts. I'm pretty sure i've posted this before so you should be grateful I even bothered giving up my time so your thread can get a bump
>>
>>74143654
I bought an xfl ball at the WWF restaurant
>>
>>74143353
>you can't script football games for maximum memes and drama.
the Owl proved you wrong
>>
>>74143325
I was in 7th grade when it aired. Yes i watched it because i was a wrasslin mark.

Stopped watching when zero power bombs were delivered.
>>
Id watch it if it aired from like march to june, I hate the NBA, hate baseball, so not much else is going on at that time.
>>
>>74143325
>Also did anyone on here actually watch it when it was on

Yes
The football itself wasn't very good. Was too young for any of the other stuff to bother me, but it wasn't played in any cities around me, the games were on UPN/TNN or something, and I wasn't as interested at the time in watching football for football's sake.
I remember someone having a barefoot kicker
>>
>>74144747
HE HATE ME
>>
>not enough gimmicks and melodrama for wwe fans
>too many gimmicks and melodrama for nfl fans
and yeah, i watched it. 20 years old, going to school in texas, i was half the prime target demographic (nfl fan), and i really wanted to like it, but there was too much WOO! injected for me.
>>
>>74143325

Everything. And yes I watched it.

1> NFL was already a great model, no real need to improve
2>NFL was already dangerous as fuck. There's already at least one injury per game. No need to make it more violent
3>The talent level was low, it was on a lower tier than arena football
4>The mods the XFL made didn't make the game any more exciting
>>
>>74144908
If it would have lasted a few more years im sure the talent would have been better, with the pay scale going up etc.... The NFL does have a lot of injuries but a lot aren't even from blows anymore a lot of ankle acl etc.... Also yes the NFL is king, but I never understood football fans who wouldnt another 3-4 months of football on the off season of college and pro
>>
File: 1473631969031.jpg (33KB, 163x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473631969031.jpg
33KB, 163x240px
>>74143325
>NFL vs XFL champions ULTRA HYPER BOWL
>>
File: kornQuestion.jpg (35KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
kornQuestion.jpg
35KB, 177x278px
>>74144656
>Goodell giving the Owl to Brady and Kraft
>>
>>74144908
This. NFL was violent as fuck in that era. People would drop like flies during ST plays. Plus hits like this were legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dw63deh_Y
>>
>>74144977
what was wrong with that hit?
>>
>>74145011
It would be illegal now because of Goodell. Image Brees or Peyton gettting hit like that? Instant flag
>>
>>74145011
Helmet to helmet under the chin which clearly knocked him out good
>>
>>74145067
I know what u mean, but looking at it in that quality it just seemed fast and violent no direct head shot. But ya that would get a flag these days unfortunately
>>
it was shitty arena football with retarded gimmicks in places that already had major teams or didn't give a shit about football
>>
The problem that there will ALWAYS be with any pro football league besides the NFL (and to an extent the CFL) is the fact that you are just getting players who are flat out not that good.
>>
they were 15 years too early also they games were shit because they only gave the teams like a month to practice before the season started
>>
>>74144747
Jose Cortez, he played for the Niners for a while and then became a state trooper, then got fired for groping a woman during a traffic stop
>>
>>74144778
crazy how the He Hate Me guy ended up in a Super Bowl
>>
>>74143325
Was 14 at the time and a big WWF mark so I was very excited for the XFL. Lost interest as the season went on, just like everyone else did. It was cool to see Tommy Maddox in the NFL later on actually leading the Steelers to the playoffs. One fact I remember that doesn't get brought up a lot is that Opie and Anthony did some pregame shows, which was interesting.

Still have a mini XFL ball but I had more than a few friends who had the full sized one. I probably played more street football games with an XFL football than an NFL one desu
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.